Author Topic: What young player....  (Read 1823 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
What young player....
« on: January 14, 2005, 02:33:53 PM »
Okay, everyone, let's plan your personal fantasy trades to build a team for the future. If you could trade all of your starters on your team, what young player (less then five years in the League) would you replace them with?

For me -

If I could trade power forward Chris Webber, I would want to get Zack Randolph (4 years in the League) , by a hair over Pao Gasol (4 years). I like Gasol, but frankly he looks too fragile to dominate as a PF in the League. Randolph could be active around the hoop for more years, concievably. Maybe it takes power forwards longer to develop fully in the NBA, but there really are not that many young ones. Plenty of older ones, but few up and comers.

If I could trade small forward Peja Stojackovic, I would want back Lebron James (2 years). Easily the deepest position for young, atheletic players in the NBA, Lebron is a point guard playing as a small forward - or is it a shooting guard. I pick him as a forward because he probably will play there, though he could be my shooting guard as well. Anyway, he would be on my team somewhere. Melo is slipping a bit this year, so he's out.

My new starting lineup would yield 35 rebounds a game, 23 assists, and 118 points.

But my bench.......

If I could trade center Brad Miller, I would take Amare Stoudemire (3 years). He is really a power forward, but in today's NBA, he is playing center. Yao Ming (3 years) is the other obvious choice, but will he ever be able to keep up with Stoudemire in the up and down style favored by today's NBA?

If I could trade point guard Mike Bibby, I would take Dwyane Wade (2 years). Hinrich of Chicage (2 years) could be another good choice, but compared to Wade, well, there is no comparison.

If I could trade shooting guard Doug Christie (oops) make that Cutino Mobley, I would take Gilbert Arenas (4 years). Putting James as a SF allows me to put Gilbert at the two guard. He finally is moving his skills up to the next level and his assists are steady over his career at five plus a game. This year, his turnovers are down as well.

My new starting lineup would yield 35 rebounds, 23 assists, and 118 points per game.

But about my bench.....
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 02:42:19 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
What young player....
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 02:44:47 PM »
I think we all would cough up our starting PG for Lebron right now.

Id love to give up Vlade for Curry or someone who is young but very physical.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
What young player....
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 02:47:04 PM »
It really depends what position you list them as, but I'll just go with my team.

PG: Hinrich
SG: Wade (He's been playing mainly SG lately)
SF: LeBron
PF: Amare
C:  Yao
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 03:50:28 PM by dbodner »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
What young player....
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 03:31:19 PM »
It really depends what, but I'll just go with my team.

PG: Hinrich
SG: Wade (He's been playing mainly SG lately)
SF: LeBron
C:  Yao
Same team with this bench:

Randolph
Okafor
Ginobili
Parker
Arenas
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
What young player....
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 03:51:11 PM »
Starters
PG: Wade
SG: Uhmmmmm.....NOBODY better than the current starter!
SF: Lebron
C: Yao

My Bench
PG:Arenas
SG:Manu
SF:Carmelo
PF:Okafur
C:Bosh

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
What young player....
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 05:07:31 PM »
I misread the title....since 2 of my "bench" are already starters for the Spurs then I would change to:

PG Parker
SG Ginobili
SF  James
PF  Amare
C   Okafor
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
What young player....
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 05:10:18 PM »
Well I will try this while trying to at least keep in mind the quality of players I am giving up.

C  -  Give up Theo and take back Brad Miller
PF  -  Give up Zach and take back Andre Kirilenko
SF  -  Give up Shareef and take back Shawn Marion
SG  -  Give up Derek Anderson and take back Larry Hughes
PG  -  Give up Damon and NVE and give Sebastian Telfair a shot

Now I tried to at least keep it close, but really the only one with a real shot would be Telfair, and maybe Zach for Kirilenko.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
What young player....
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 05:53:05 PM »
Well I will try this while trying to at least keep in mind the quality of players I am giving up.

C  -  Give up Theo and take back Brad Miller
PF  -  Give up Zach and take back Andre Kirilenko
SF  -  Give up Shareef and take back Shawn Marion
SG  -  Give up Derek Anderson and take back Larry Hughes
PG  -  Give up Damon and NVE and give Sebastian Telfair a shot

Now I tried to at least keep it close, but really the only one with a real shot would be Telfair, and maybe Zach for Kirilenko.
Nice group ziggy...

.....but some of your choices are over the five years in the League limit.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 05:53:18 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
What young player....
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 06:33:51 PM »
PG: Lose Arroyo, get LeBron.
SG: Lose Giricek, get Wade.
SF: Keep AK47
PF: Lose Boozer (tough one), get Amare
C: Keep Mehmet Okur

You guys are going to think I'm nuts with Okur, but the guy has seriously been banging inside lately. Something I never expected. He had 10 ORBs against the Suns, along with 20+ points. And IMO, he's got the best range of any center in the league. I'm glad we signed him when we did.

If I couldn't get LeBron, I'd take Hinrich probably. I would keep AK47 over anyone in the league, except maybe LeBron. Freak, I don't know!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 06:37:24 PM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
What young player....
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 07:25:21 PM »
BTW, I would not give Iverson up for Hinrich, I just went with a whole new team.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
What young player....
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 08:16:19 PM »

C  -  Give up Theo and take back Brad Miller
PF  -  Give up Zach and take back Andre Kirilenko
SF  -  Give up Shareef and take back Shawn Marion
SG  -  Give up Derek Anderson and take back Larry Hughes
PG  -  Give up Damon and NVE and give Sebastian Telfair a shot

Nice group ziggy...

.....but some of your choices are over the five years in the League limit.
Sorry Jomal, my attention span is quite short, so I lost focus after I got to the second line of your post.  As far as 5 years or less in the league

PG - Telfair
SG - Michael Redd
SF - Andre Iguodala
PF - AK47
C -  Tyson Chandler

Actually I would love to get Lebron, Yao, and Amare, but those are not a chance in the world, so I figured I would try something a little more possible.  I figure each of these has a slight glimmer of hope or better.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 08:19:47 PM by ziggy »
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil