Author Topic: Bruce Bowen  (Read 4683 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Bruce Bowen
« on: February 23, 2004, 12:40:59 PM »
excerpt from mysa.com

Bowen chased Cassell, bumping him and hand-fighting him as he does, when Cassell fell. Bowen stood over him, keeping his leg against Cassell as if to suggest he might as well stay on the floor for a while.

Cassell naturally protested, springing up to confront Bowen in front of the Minnesota bench. A ref called a foul on both as everyone screamed, and that's when Flip Saunders said it.

"He's dirty!" Saunders told a ref.

Compared to other things said on this road trip, "dirty" is tame. Bowen forced Ray Allen to miss 9 of his first 12 shots in Seattle, after all, and Allen afterward called Bowen's style "sissy basketball."

Is it possible to be both dirty and a sissy?

Vince Carter took the rhetoric to another level last week. When Carter went up for a jumper, Bowen pivoted and turned his back on Carter, and Carter sprained his ankle when he came down on a Bowen foot.

Carter later implied Bowen had done it on purpose. "It's not very often," Carter said, "you see someone put their foot up under me like that."

Bowen is clever. But replays showed Bowen's head was turned the other way. Could he have really planned what happened?

The same is true of another incident in Minnesota, this one two years ago. Then Bowen leaped and struck Wally Szczerbiak in the face with a foot.

The late Bruce Lee would have been pressed to pull off the move. But the NBA fined Bowen, and Saunders referred to the incident again Sunday before the game.

Saunders called it "a dirty move." But Saunders also said he loved Bowen and his competitiveness.

"A lot of times, good defensive players are borderline dirty or whatever," Saunders said. "They play with that kind of intensity, they get caught in those situations a lot. They play so hard, you get a reputation, maybe, that they let you get away with a little bit more."

Bowen would take pride in most of that. But in the third quarter, Bowen agreed with nothing. Then Saunders, perhaps the topic still in his head from the pregame interview, was more blunt in front of Bowen.

Bowen went after Saunders as players rarely do the other coach. "I am not a dirty player!" Bowen yelled. "I play the game the way it's supposed to be played!"

Some road trip for Bowen. He had taken out Allen, Carter and Cassell in three different ways.

But dirty? Bowen went up to Saunders after the game. "I told him what he said was unfair," Bowen said. "It's disrespectful. It's the worst thing a coach can say about a player, and he wouldn't want me saying those kinds of things about him."

But Bowen impacts games, and the evidence comes afterward when other teams complain about him. If he didn't frustrate them, they wouldn't talk.

Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bruce Bowen
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 12:48:40 PM »
I don't think Bowen is a dirty player but that play on Vince Carty was dirty big time and definately intentional.

It's like the anology of throwing rocks at birds.  You don't really expect to hit one until you hit one.  The "dirty" intent was there, that's a bush league playground move and somebody should be looking for payback.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bruce Bowen
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 01:10:40 PM »

Bowen is clever. But replays showed Bowen's head was turned the other way. Could he have really planned what happened?

I'm not from Texas, L.A., or Philidelphia but I can turn my head and slide my foot out at the same time.

Concur with WOW, whether or not he intended to hurt i dont think so.  But the sliding of the foot was intentional.  Done in a two step process.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bruce Bowen
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 01:11:24 PM »
can some of you Mexicans show me how to use the quote feature.

jn

Bruce Bowen
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 01:21:21 PM »
Dang, I'd forgotten the Wally kick job.   I think it's hight time for someone frontier justice to be inflicted on Bruce.  Too bad the little weasel never drives to the hole.  

Can you imagine what would have happened in Toronto if he'd done that to Vine when Oakley was still on the team?  Bruce or TD would have walked away minus a few teeth.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bruce Bowen
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 01:43:30 PM »
can some of you Mexicans show me how to use the quote feature.
It's very technical and difficult to explain but is has to do with clicking the "quote" button.  Don't try it without adult supervision.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bruce Bowen
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 03:27:35 PM »
<It's very technical and difficult to explain but is has to do with clicking the "quote" button.  Don't try it without adult supervision.

But you see i did that and yet nothing appeared in the quote box.  Perhaps this will take 2 Mexicans to help me.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bruce Bowen
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 03:28:46 PM »
<It's very technical and difficult to explain but is has to do with clicking the "quote" button.  Don't try it without adult supervision.

But you see i did that and yet nothing appeared in the quote box.  Perhaps this will take 2 Mexicans to help me.
My 5 year old just clicked the button and presto:
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bruce Bowen
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 03:30:38 PM »
But you see i don't have a clue.  Whoe is me.  :(
When you press the quote button you get two dialog boxes.  The top one for you to post in and the bottom one to view/modify the quote, like I did.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bruce Bowen
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2004, 03:31:25 PM »
dabods,

Can we add a PP button? (Press Pendejo!)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bruce Bowen
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2004, 03:33:36 PM »
But you see i don't have a clue.  Whoe is me.  :(
When you press the quote button you get two dialog boxes.  The top one for you to post in and the bottom one to view/modify the quote, like I did.

Ok here goes.  Just like Yao tossing in an easy one.  Click.
See I knew if we got two Mexicans involved we could solve this. :D

<When you press the quote button you get two dialog boxes. The top one for you to post in and the bottom one to view/modify the quote, like I did.>

Got it.  This be what i lookin fo.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 03:35:30 PM by Reality »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Bruce Bowen
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2004, 03:39:07 PM »
Reality....if you want to quote once you are in the response screen then you click on the
button.  
Now you paste the portion you want to quote. Then click the
button again.
 This will allow you to put quotes into your message.  You just don't get the fancy little identifier that says who you are quoting.

Otherwise just hit the Quote button in the upper right hand corner of the post you want to quote instead of hitting reply.  This will still open up a reply box but will include the entire prvious post as a quote.

BTW I'm not mexican however the Taco Bell chihuahua was very helpful.  Give him a call: 1-800-diarhea (1-800-342-7442)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bruce Bowen
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2004, 03:52:01 PM »
tanks Lurkor, Yo be makin me a ekspert in using diss qwote mechine ikown.

the chiwawa sounds good but after viewing the Spurs game on Telemundo yesterday i'm gonna go to the old bike store and see if i could get a banana seat bike.  Head down to the frontera with a couple big bags and see if any of the girls n gang wanted to head out to McDonaldos. :P

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bruce Bowen
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2004, 06:01:23 PM »
LOL!  What a dirty little flock. Hopefully the Mailman and his elbows will be back in time to meet up with Bowen.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Bruce Bowen
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2004, 06:21:41 PM »
That happened two years ago....why not dig up the video where the mailman ko's DRob and the officials call Robinson for fouling Malone with his face.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues