Author Topic: Kingom of Krishna -What really happened  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kingom of Krishna -What really happened
« on: October 12, 2004, 10:37:49 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1900031
Excerpts talk of 'psychological war' -- and truce
Bold taken straight from ESPN.com article.

Associated Press
LOS ANGELES --

On whether Kobme and Shaq would be together forever as many envisioned:

Jackson wrote he became so frustrated with Bryant that he told general manager Mitch Kupchak in January, "I won't coach this team next year if he is still here. He won't listen to anyone. I've had it with this kid."

It was not the first time Jackson requested that the team trade Bryant. He sought to trade him to the Phoenix Suns for Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion in the 1999-2000 season.

But then-general manager Jerry West told Jackson that owner Jerry Buss would never trade the Lakers star, Jackson wrote in his diary. He said he was told the same thing last season.

During last week's training camp, Bryant said he misses Jackson.  (LOL what a bser)

Re Shraq and Kobes fueding:
"At times the pettiness between the two of them can be unbelievably juvenile," he wrote.

On Kobmes Pampering:
Jackson wrote that Bryant was angry that O'Neal received allowances from the Lakers organization but that "nobody this year, or in any year I've coached, has received more 'allowances' than Kobe Bryant."

Among those allowances was the Lakers organization's partial payment for the private jets Bryant took to Colorado for the hearings in his rape case.
Bryant complained about the type of plane he was given to fly to Colorado, Jackson wrote, adding "He should feel fortunate that he's not footing the bill himself."

On Kobmes lies that he had nothing to do with getting Shaq out:
Bryant told Jackson that O'Neal's presence on the team would affect his decision to stay with the Lakers, adding, "I'm tired of being a sidekick," Jackson wrote.

On coaching Shraq:
Jackson said that he had run-ins with O'Neal as well but that coaching him was "an experience I will cherish forever."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 10:55:04 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 11:50:43 AM »
So much for Phil never being wrong....Lakers trade Kobe in 99-2000 and they dont win multiple championships.  Simple as that.

I do have to say that some of this sounds like it was written in frustration.  If PJ disliked Kobe so much and didn't feel like he would listen.......then why did Phil Jackson make a public statement saying Kobe was the floor general and he would run the offense?  Then go ahead and do just that.  Or focus the entire offense around Kobe during the regular season the year the Spurs won the title?

Dead on about the pampering tho....Kobe should have been footing the bill.  He got himself into it.

Oh btw buddy....I know how you like to try to bend and twist things around, leave parts out, and all that fun stuff when it comes to the Lakers .  I like how you completly skipped pasting this part because of the hate in your blood.  It was right in the middle of the stuff you posted, so why did you keep this part out?

Jackson said he became conditioned to blame Bryant, even when it wasn't the player's fault
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 11:54:42 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 12:05:49 PM »
Why would I want to "protect" Jackson?
Why would i post a link to the entire article?
Go back and read the twistin posts that falsely accused any of us who suggested LakerKingdom would possibly trade Kobe.

Don be Hatin.

Truth be told I find it rather sad that two megamillionaires along with all the marketers that profitted up the ying yang (myself included) comes to a self induced end due to petty selfishness.

Also you be way wrong if you think JKidd couldnt have run with this team just as well as Kobme did.  Expecially if JKidd  Lakers would have gotten the same pamper calls from refs as Kobme.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 12:12:19 PM »
Why would I want to "protect" Jackson?
Why would i post a link to the entire article?
Go back and read the twistin posts that falsely accused any of us who suggested LakerKingdom would possibly trade Kobe.

Don be Hatin.

Truth be told I find it rather sad that two megamillionaires along with all the marketers that profitted up the ying yang (myself included) comes to a self induced end due to petty selfishness.

Also you be way wrong if you think JKidd couldnt have run with this team just as well as Kobme did.  Expecially if JKidd  Lakers would have gotten the same pamper calls from refs as Kobme.
Uhh Reality...you left it out on purpose.  There is no way for you to get around that.  Besides PJ isnt a Laker anymore so hes off your hit list  :rofl:

I agree they are both pre-madonna pampered babies.  Its sad that two great players can let their ego's get in the way of going down as one of the best duo's in NBA history.  Mature and Shaq/Kobe should never go in the same sentence together.  EVER.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 01:31:05 PM »
I see.  Jackson is off my list, thus you criticize me for leaving out "Jackson said he became conditioned to blame Bryant, even when it wasn't the player's fault."
And that link to the whole article?

You're going in circles.  It's okay.  When you get off the ride address if you wish the multitudes of posts by Lakerposters denying Krishnadom was in any way shape or form considering trading Kobme or that any riff existed between the main members of the Triune Lakerhead Phil Shaq and Kobe.  Circa 2003-2004 season especially when the record was 20-5 and all seemed Purple and Golden.

When you have Marketing Forces, Stern, FAs HOFs coming over for minimal, refs, many opposing coaches, enough cashe to put you and 1000 of yours in any L.A. neighborhodd you wish along a large share of the undergarment $$ industry all in your backpocket and give it up, well we agree its sad.  Of course Bryant and Shraq are and will continue to profit seperately, but they gave up the chance to team with the Lakers and keep it going.  No challenge now to SA, MN, Hou and any other up and comers for the WCFinals.  Shraq may do just fine in Miami tho....

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 02:03:43 PM »
I see.  Jackson is off my list, thus you criticize me for leaving out "Jackson said he became conditioned to blame Bryant, even when it wasn't the player's fault."
And that link to the whole article?

You're going in circles.  It's okay.  When you get off the ride address if you wish the multitudes of posts by Lakerposters denying Krishnadom was in any way shape or form considering trading Kobme or that any riff existed between the main members of the Triune Lakerhead Phil Shaq and Kobe.  Circa 2003-2004 season especially when the record was 20-5 and all seemed Purple and Golden.

When you have Marketing Forces, Stern, FAs HOFs coming over for minimal, refs, many opposing coaches, enough cashe to put you and 1000 of yours in any L.A. neighborhodd you wish along a large share of the undergarment $$ industry all in your backpocket and give it up, well we agree its sad.  Of course Bryant and Shraq are and will continue to profit seperately, but they gave up the chance to team with the Lakers and keep it going.  No challenge now to SA, MN, Hou and any other up and comers for the WCFinals.  Shraq may do just fine in Miami tho....
Going in circles?  The whole thread was to bash Kobe....yet you left part of it out saying that PJ often blamed Kobe for no reason.  How's that reading comprehension class going?

There was no marketing machine behind the Pistons this year?  No special attention paid to them in the finals?  I noticed you completly disapeared when I posted how the Lakers were whistled every minute and a half with a foul in the finals.  You did a good job doing your best Hoodini (sp) impression.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 02:05:12 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 02:16:03 PM »
It didn't merit a response.  With Ben Wa controlling the boards, the Piston guards running circles around Swisher and Kobme oftentimes pouting and refusing to get the ball to Shaq while ballhogging himself, the FT advantage was entirely legit.  To those without Purple n Gold glasses on.

Complete contrast to Apeman lowering his shoulder and barreling into a completely set defender circa 2000-2002.  Or Kobme firing an elbow into Bibbys jaw to add to the 28 bogus 4th qt fths.  They don't belong together.  Get that crap out.

the thread was in response to the post all winter about Kobe.
Cmon Houdini.

Don be Hatin.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 02:59:24 PM »
It didn't merit a response.  With Ben Wa controlling the boards, the Piston guards running circles around Swisher and Kobme oftentimes pouting and refusing to get the ball to Shaq while ballhogging himself, the FT advantage was entirely legit.  To those without Purple n Gold glasses on.

Complete contrast to Apeman lowering his shoulder and barreling into a completely set defender circa 2000-2002.  Or Kobme firing an elbow into Bibbys jaw to add to the 28 bogus 4th qt fths.  They don't belong together.  Get that crap out.

the thread was in response to the post all winter about Kobe.
Cmon Houdini.

Don be Hatin.
Ahhh so when the Lakers defense was shutting down the Kings it wasn't good defense or Shaq controlling the boards.  When the Lakers are whistled every minute and a half for 5 games, it doesnt disrput their defense or offense.  It was just the Pistons shutting down the Lakers and Ben Wallace controlling the boards.  Once again you try to paint everyone else as being bias but will not admit you yourself are the most bias poster on the board.  It warranted a response but since the lil hamster in your brain couldnt run on the wheel fast enough you didnt respond, Casper.

Its a complete contrast to Chris Webber setting in illegal pick to free Bibby to win the game.  Or Doug Christie going out of bounce with the ball only to be rewarded with the possesion with less than a few minutes to go.  Or Vlade flopping around.  Wasn't Shaq dominating the paint.  Wasnt Kobe killing the perimeter defense.  Wasnt Fox shutting down Peja.  It was all the refs......how about them Pistons :rolleyes:

I see the moron juice is still flowing out of your juice maker.  Jack Lelaine would be proud of you.  You wanna dance around  the reason you didnt include that quote some more?  No one is going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you just didnt include it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 03:03:03 PM by westkoast »

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 03:28:35 PM »
So much for Phil never being wrong....Lakers trade Kobe in 99-2000 and they dont win multiple championships.  Simple as that.

So you don't think the Lakers would have won with Shaq, Kidd, Marion and the rest of them?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 03:32:12 PM »
So much for Phil never being wrong....Lakers trade Kobe in 99-2000 and they dont win multiple championships.  Simple as that.

So you don't think the Lakers would have won with Shaq, Kidd, Marion and the rest of them?
I don't because Shaq would want to play his half court style of basketball.  Shaq would not get up and down that court without bitching or getting "hurt".  Kidd is best and most effective on the break.  He's not a good jump shooter and not as good of a defender as Kobe.  Kidd also doesn't command as much attention in the half court set as Kobe does.  Kidd/Marion on the perimeter would not be the outside game that would compliment Shaq's dominating inside game IMO.  When NJ was forced into the half court game they looked REAL bad.

Marion would have been a great addition to the team but he probably would have been comming off the bench in favor of Rick Fox who was playing great defense those years.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 04:13:03 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2004, 04:26:39 PM »
Westkoast I'm sorry the article has you irritable, bloated, cramped and puffy due to containing less then glorifying info on your bois.

Perhaps you can read the same post by John Doe and not be as affected.

I did think it was interesting hearing straight from Phil Jackson.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2004, 04:54:48 PM »
My best to Phil, to Shaq (who I will now cheer for) and to the Heat.  Hope the Lakers flame out as long as Kobe is on the team. Kind of hard to cheer for him, even if he's innocent of the rape conviction.  Self centered d***!!!
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2004, 05:07:15 PM »
Westkoast I'm sorry the article has you irritable, bloated, cramped and puffy due to containing less then glorifying info on your bois.

Perhaps you can read the same post by John Doe and not be as affected.

I did think it was interesting hearing straight from Phil Jackson.
Reality Im sorry that you cannot admit you left that part out on purpose in fear of steering clear of the full on Kobe bashing thread.  If it was so intresting to hear all that from Phil then why did you leave out the part about him getting use to blaiming Kobe when in fact sometimes he didn't need to be blamed?    You copy and pasted the first part, saw what it said and decided to stick to your gimmick, and then skipped it and copied the rest.  So intresting yet you dont care to read EVERYTHING he had to say?

I don't have a problem with the article, only your tired little gimmick.  Only reason you posted this is because it was bashing a Laker.  If the article wouldnt have been negative you wouldnt have posted it.   You just wont admit you skipped that part on purpose.  Thats ok Casper.  Wouldn't be the first time on this board that you tapped danced around things.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 05:13:12 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2004, 05:43:42 PM »
There must be someone, somewhere that cares when you tell them you won an argument with yourself.  I mean argument with me.   I mean tell them the discussion/debate/conversation/whatever you wish to term it was with me.

Go for it.

Till then how about reffering to the other article that's word for word.  Or is the associated press also going to have their motives questioned?  :lol:  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2004, 06:48:26 PM »
So much for Phil never being wrong....Lakers trade Kobe in 99-2000 and they dont win multiple championships.  Simple as that.

Oh hell the f no.

Ray Allen/Tim Thomas is another story.  As westkoast pointed out the weak perimeter game of Kidd and Marion would have prevented the Lakers from winning a single title.  Shaq would still be ringless and PJ would have been coaching the Knicks.

PJ is loosing more and more of his luster as time wears on.  He was obviously never the X's and O's coach, that was Tex, I always thought PJ was the "people person" coach/motivator.  Sounds like he lost the team when the GREATNESS that is Jerry West bailed.

Unlike other franchises in the NBA the Lakers will always be bigger than their stars, they survived and flourished even after the departures of players like Mikam, West, Wilt, Baylor, Magic, Kareem and Worthy.  The will be back even after Shaq and Kobe, heck Kobe might even earn a couple more rings while Shaq rides off into the Krispy Kreme sunset.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"