Author Topic: Movie(s)  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Movie(s)
« on: October 08, 2004, 02:39:04 PM »
Shark Tales:  Animation was superb.  The ability to computer generate thus allowing the cartoon character to look similiar to the voice actor keeps getting better and better.  Storyline had great potential, they blow it with some twists, still very good.  Ending was lame.  Not so subtle side message HWood tries to push was.......spoiler, Ill wait till i hear from you.
Parody of The Godfather and several other shorter movie take offs.

The trailers showed a bunch of the up and coming animateds, including The Incredibles in much more detail.  It looks like a total winner.  Also "Madagascar" looks good.  "Robots" ummn nyaaa great animation and its made by Pixar so you think it will be great.  However the commercials showed gag after gag with the Robbin Williams voiced character.  Gags like stuff falling, breaking, breaking again, parts falling off again.  Not my type.  But thats just the trailers...

Friday Night Lights.  A barking insecure psuedo-macho Billy Bub Thortan grunting and yelling at the players ala Vince Lombardi style is what the commercials show.  
This sterotypical "coach" or P.E. teacher, one I'm assuming we've all been subject to, has it's roots in???  WWII Macarthurism??

I get the feel its going to be another of those beat all odds themes.  Billy Bubs team is from small Tekxass town and is 30 pounds lighter per man then Big City Dallas High.  But Billy Bubs gonna bark em into some ultra motivated giant slayers.   I hope its more then that....  If anyone goes, holla.  See below for what one sports radio dj says.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 12:21:18 PM by Reality »

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Movie(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 02:42:32 PM »
Billy Bubs team is from small Tekxass town and is 30 pounds lighter per man then Big City Dallas High. But Billy Bubs gonna bark em into some ultra motivated giant slayers. I hope its more then that.... If anyone goes, holla.

The school they're talking about is actually an annual power.  I think the movie's more dealing with high school "stardom" than overcoming odds.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 02:43:03 PM by dbodner »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Movie(s)
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 03:05:49 PM »
It is based on a book by the same name.  It is about HS football in west Texas (Odessa Permian HS) where on Friday nights the only thing you can see for miles around are the football stadium lights.  Basically if you weren't at the football game (where of course winning is EVERYTHING!!!!!!) then the only excuse was that you were a guest at the local sheriff's office.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Movie(s)
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 03:07:58 PM »
While radio channel surfing i did hear a couple djs talking about the movie.
One said it is the best sports movie he has ever seen.  I think it was espn but i am not familiar with who the talking heads were.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Movie(s)
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 03:44:57 PM »
While radio channel surfing i did hear a couple djs talking about the movie.
One said it is the best sports movie he has ever seen.  I think it was espn but i am not familiar with who the talking heads were.
I heard the same thing on the radio.  Everyone has said its one of the better movies comming out right now.

My lil brothers went and saw Shark's tale and loved it, sounds like a good movie to take kids too.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Movie(s)
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 03:47:30 PM »
It is based on a book by the same name.  It is about HS football in west Texas (Odessa Permian HS) where on Friday nights the only thing you can see for miles around are the football stadium lights.  Basically if you weren't at the football game (where of course winning is EVERYTHING!!!!!!) then the only excuse was that you were a guest at the local sheriff's office.
Odessa permian, houston aldine, judson...the big three in texas IMO...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Movie(s)
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 03:58:26 PM »
Kennedy Rockets here in San Antonio is pretty well known too... (AS A GOOD PLACE TO GO SCORE A BAG!!)

Kennedy HS - x3's ALMA MATER!
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Movie(s)
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 04:01:10 PM »
Kennedy Rockets here in San Antonio is pretty well known too... (AS A GOOD PLACE TO GO SCORE A BAG!!)

Kennedy HS - x3's ALMA MATER!
*wonders what 101 is going to do tonight*

*sees weed refrence*

*notices donkey kong avi*

*puts two and two together*
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com