Author Topic: Sheffield says Bonds  (Read 1157 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Sheffield says Bonds
« on: October 05, 2004, 04:37:56 PM »

FOXSports.com  :bash:

Gary Sheffield has severed ties with Barry Bonds, but says the San Francisco Giants' slugger is the one who introduced him to the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, according to Sports Illustrated.

"He said, 'I got guys here, they can get your urine and blood and prescribe a vitamin specifically for your blood type and what your body needs. And that's what I did," Sheffield reportedly told the magazine for its Oct. 11 issue.

Bonds, the National League batting champion this season, refused to address Sheffield's comments. Through a spokesman, however, Bonds said, "I wish nothing but the best for Gary."

Bonds reportedly invited Sheffield to train with him in 2002, and BALCO gave Sheffield a testosterone-based steroid called "the cream" to be applied to a scar on his right knee.

Sheffield testified before a grand jury in 2003 about the BALCO case. The company's president, Victor Conte, Bonds' trainer and two others were indicted on charges they conspired to distribute performance-enhancing drugs.

Sheffield told the magazine he was shocked when he found out "the cream" and "the clear," another balm supplied by BALCO, were designer steroids.

"That's why I was mad," he reportedly said. "I want everybody to be on an even playing field."

Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Sheffield says Bonds
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 05:05:26 PM »
LOLOLOL @ This bs.  I'm sure Gary thought that the cream was just 'Icey Hot' :rolleyes:
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sheffield says Bonds
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 05:19:13 PM »
FOXSports.com  :bash:

Gary Sheffield has severed ties with Barry Bonds, but says the San Francisco Giants' slugger is the one who introduced him to the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, according to Sports Illustrated.

"He said, 'I got guys here, they can get your urine and blood and prescribe a vitamin specifically for your blood type and what your body needs. And that's what I did," Sheffield reportedly told the magazine for its Oct. 11 issue.

Bonds, the National League batting champion this season, refused to address Sheffield's comments. Through a spokesman, however, Bonds said, "I wish nothing but the best for Gary."

Bonds reportedly invited Sheffield to train with him in 2002, and BALCO gave Sheffield a testosterone-based steroid called "the cream" to be applied to a scar on his right knee.

Sheffield testified before a grand jury in 2003 about the BALCO case. The company's president, Victor Conte, Bonds' trainer and two others were indicted on charges they conspired to distribute performance-enhancing drugs.

Sheffield told the magazine he was shocked when he found out "the cream" and "the clear," another balm supplied by BALCO, were designer steroids.

"That's why I was mad," he reportedly said. "I want everybody to be on an even playing field."
Barry Bonds is a lying, cheating, dirty rotten Rick Fox loving scum bag.  I don't know why they go through waste of time walking him, I would just throw at is hormone enlarged bulbus cranium each and every time he stepped up to the plate.  At least that way you get some satisfaction from letting him get to firstbase.

As far as Sheffield he ain't much better.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil