Author Topic: Simpsons voice actors interviewed on TV  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Simpsons voice actors interviewed on TV
« on: September 29, 2004, 02:12:44 PM »
Anyone see that Sun night on Bravo?
The six main voice actors who do the mainstays were interviewed live.

I had seen a lot of Hank Azaria (Apu, Moe, Chief Wiggums) and Harry Shearer (Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders).   However it was a first for me seeing Dan Castellaneta (Homer, Barney, Krusty the Clown and Groundskeeper Willie).
Also had seen on camera before a lot of Nancy Cartwright (Bart as well as Nelson and Ralph Wiggums), Yeardley Smith (Lisa).  But never Julie Kavner (Marge plus Patty and Selma).

Surprised me to see that Nelson Mundt is voiced by a chick.
They showed the actors as they voiced.  Exception being Julie Kavner (Marge plus Patty and Selma).  The camera would not show her voicing for even one second.  Is this because of some beef with her and the rip off Actors Union?  Anyone  know?

Here is a tidbit on her:
Lipton's big coupe was luring Kavner in front of an audience. Even when this cast occasionally hits the road for live shows, as they did last summer at Montreal's Just For Laughs comedy festival, super shy Kavner never appears. (Another cast member who does minor Springfield voices fills in.)  
Link  http://www.canoe.com/NewsStand/LondonFreeP.../08/106288.html  

In what I would consider a "regular" cast member as well, for whatever reason the show did not interview or reference a gal Tress MacNeille who is the voice of Mrs. Agnes Skinner, Lindsay Naegle (phone company exec), Sunday School Teacher; Brandine; Nana Van Houten; Barbara Bush; James "Jimbo" Jones; Dolph;   Additional
http://epguides.com/Simpsons/

Lindsay is the phone company executive in the Brazil episode “Blame It
on Lisa”, and according to http://www.tvtome.com/Simpson, she also
appears in “Large Marge” and “She of Little Faith” as a real estate
agent and cohort of Mr. Burns respectively. I think she’s also in the
MENSA episode and runs an AA meeting that Barney attends in another.

jn

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 02:24:55 PM »
Cool.  I did see this when it first ran a few months ago.  They have some really remarkable talents.  

Kavner was on Letterman years ago and she did agree to do Marge but she turned her face from the camera. She explained that she thought it would ruin it if anyone actually Marge's voice coming out of her mouth.

Joe Montagne as Fat Tony is pretty much a regular now too.  

jn

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 02:25:50 PM »
Oh, and Lindsay Nagle gets indicted by the SEC while on a date with Flanders.  

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 03:38:45 PM »
Julie Kavner played Robin Williams' nurse/love interest in Awakening. The one where DeNiro is catatonic and Robin dopes him up and he wakes up.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton