Author Topic: Reffing and replays in Wash vs Dallas.  (Read 3107 times)

jn

Reffing and replays in Wash vs Dallas.
« on: September 28, 2004, 10:05:38 AM »
This game was just plain ruined by the long replays, most of which had no effect on the game.  The refs went over the time limit on at least 2 occasions.  Even worse was the TOTALLY botched interference calls in the end zone.  Terry Glen pulls down the Wash defender and the call goes against the defender, resulting in a Dallas touchdown from the 1.   That's followed by the Dallas defender CLEARLY pulling on Rod Gardners arm.  It might have been a touchdown and it should have been Wash ball at the one.  Just terrible.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 10:15:28 AM »
The game was officiated well, that was a great call in the endzone, I have no idea what your talking about. :unsure:  
Paul

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 10:44:47 AM »
This game was just plain ruined by the long replays, most of which had no effect on the game.  The refs went over the time limit on at least 2 occasions.  Even worse was the TOTALLY botched interference calls in the end zone.  Terry Glen pulls down the Wash defender and the call goes against the defender, resulting in a Dallas touchdown from the 1.   That's followed by the Dallas defender CLEARLY pulling on Rod Gardners arm.  It might have been a touchdown and it should have been Wash ball at the one.  Just terrible.
Very typical Dallas-reffed game. Back in the day they had Michael Irving, every time Dallas got bottled up, they would send Irving down the sideline and throw him the ball. He never, ever tried to catch it, but instead would start hitting the defender, smacking him in the arm and the head, then fall to the turf.

He got the defensive pass interference call every time. Incredible.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 10:46:13 AM »
This game was just plain ruined by the long replays, most of which had no effect on the game.  The refs went over the time limit on at least 2 occasions.  Even worse was the TOTALLY botched interference calls in the end zone.  Terry Glen pulls down the Wash defender and the call goes against the defender, resulting in a Dallas touchdown from the 1.   That's followed by the Dallas defender CLEARLY pulling on Rod Gardners arm.  It might have been a touchdown and it should have been Wash ball at the one.  Just terrible.
Very typical Dallas-reffed game. Back in the day they had Michael Irving, every time Dallas got bottled up, they would send Irving down the sideline and throw him the ball. He never, ever tried to catch it, but instead would start hitting the defender, smacking him in the arm and the head, then fall to the turf.

He got the defensive pass interference call every time. Incredible.
dont be hating...

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 10:50:43 AM »
America's team deserves the breaks on Monday night...
Paul

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 10:59:09 AM »

dont be hating...
Who's hating? If my team could get away with that (and since my team is the Raiders, you know that is a pipe dream), I would say "GREAT"!!

Dallas was given a free play any time they wanted it. Since America stands for getting away with cheating and screw the rules, then it just goes with that theme that "America's Team" should also.

Rules, we don't need no stinkin' rules! (Unless they need to be applied to the 'other' guy).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 11:00:04 AM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 11:00:20 AM »
That was a good call.  The defensive player clearly pulled the recievers left shoulder down causing him to not be able to fully extend straight out.  I believe he would have caught that pass if the defender did not do that.  Ignore any pushing and touching prior to the ball going in the air.  He clearly kept the offensive player from going after the ball before the ball got there.

America's team is clearly the Raiders because we go into other people's country and raid their homes, businesses, and personal belongings hoping to find WMDs.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 11:01:24 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jn

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 11:03:37 AM »
What call are you talking about wk?  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 11:03:41 AM »
That was a good call.  The defensive player clearly pulled the recievers left shoulder down causing him to not be able to fully extend straight out.  I believe he would have caught that pass if the defender did not do that.  Ignore any pushing and touching prior to the ball going in the air.  He clearly kept the offensive player from going after the ball before the ball got there.

America's team is clearly the Raiders because we go into other people's country and raid their homes, businesses, and personal belongings hoping to find WMDs.
The Raiders have their own WMD when a constipated Warren Sapp goes in the game.  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 11:09:26 AM »
Actually, I never really was a Cowboy fan. Think I was the lone Oiler fan in the State for awhile, and I hated the Cowboys for a long time. Since Bill Parcells has taken over, I've seen a HUGE change over the culture of this team. Much improved. Much more competitive. And best of all, we've seen very little of Jerry Jones.  Alas, I can finally say...

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!  

I'm a fan.  And league wide, Cowboys are STILL America's team.
Paul

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 11:23:20 AM »
Actually, I never really was a Cowboy fan. Think I was the lone Oiler fan in the State for awhile, and I hated the Cowboys for a long time. Since Bill Parcells has taken over, I've seen a HUGE change over the culture of this team. Much improved. Much more competitive. And best of all, we've seen very little of Jerry Jones.  Alas, I can finally say...

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS! 

I'm a fan.  And league wide, Cowboys are STILL America's team.
We Raider fans can certainly make the claim of being "America's Anti-Team".

Parcell's has proved to be a winner, but I can't stand him. He is something of a coaching whore, like Larry Brown has been in his coaching career in basketball.

The 49'er/Dallas rivalry of the 80's was worth the hype, though. Since I follow the SF team closely as well, those games often gave plenty of happiness to Northern California, but I honestly can't say it was just that the Niners won some of the key games as much as seeing the Cryboys lose. I only watch the Cryboys if they lose, otherwise I dismiss them as not even being in the NFL.

I can easily say they are my least interesting team in any sport I watch.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 11:24:09 AM by JoMal »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2004, 11:35:06 AM »
What call are you talking about wk?
I'm talking about the endzone play where the defender clearly pulled down the recievers shoulder causing him to keep the ball just a few inches out of his reach.  To me it was clearly a pass interference but I went outside to go into the Jacuzzi.  After all it was a Cowgirls game.

jn

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2004, 12:11:29 PM »
I think your talking about the one where the Cowboy Defender pulled Rod Gardners arm.  Yes it was clearly interference but the refs made no call on it.   That's the one where it should have been Washingtons ball on the 1.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2004, 12:50:16 PM »
I think your talking about the one where the Cowboy Defender pulled Rod Gardners arm.  Yes it was clearly interference but the refs made no call on it.   That's the one where it should have been Washingtons ball on the 1.
That must be the play im talking about.  How the hell was that NOT a pass interference?  I thought for sure they called it.  My bad, I thought you were saying that it was a bad call (meaning that play had no pass interference).  Good thing I did goto the Jacuzzi.  I would have been yelling up a storm even tho I'm not a Redskins fan.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2004, 01:46:40 PM »
It was pass interference on both sides of the ball.  Receiver moved him, defender pulled him down when the ball approached.
Paul