Author Topic: any real news source for SPurs trade?  (Read 6913 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
any real news source for SPurs trade?
« on: February 19, 2004, 11:36:55 AM »
There are several rumors and reports, including one by ESPN that indicate the Spurs may be part of a pending 3 way deal involving the Sixers and Atlanta Hawks.

According to one uncorfirmed report, Rasho Nesterovic, Hedo Turkoglu and Ron Mercer did not join the rest of the Spurs during their plane ride to Cleveland where the team is scheduled to play against the Cavs.

San Antonio hasn't made a trade-deadline deal since 1996, but insiders insist that Alan Iverson and Rasheed Wallace are part of the pending mega-trade.

Doubt we would get AI, but Pop is a fan of SHEED.[/size]

Any thoughts??

Paul

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 11:37:56 AM »
If it's true, I bet we get Sheed and Steven Jackson back!  Giving up Turkeyglue would be a horrible decision IMO.   :angry:  
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 11:40:37 AM »
apperantly spursreport.com  is saying that merc, hedo, rasho didnt make the plane to cleveland, somehow they are involved in a possible trade with Phili and Atlanta.  maybe somehow looking for sheed, snow and dare i say - STEPHEN JACKSON??  no telling, but this rasheed franzy apperantly has RC and Pop really looking into thinigs, and I cant find anything saying that three of our team didnt make the flight, anyone got links to beter coverage??  pleae post them..
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 11:43:02 AM »
Here are some #'s....Mercer $6,750,000
Rasho $5,600,000
Hedo $1,995,611

Total: 14,345,611

AI: 13,490,000

Wallace: 16,985,000

Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 11:43:59 AM »
yeah but considering we would move tim to center and sheed to PF, manu back in starting line up or s jackson back in uni for us...we are talking serious upgrade...  i heard that they may be interested in eric snow from philli....WHY???  we have point guards on il, why wold they want another one?  i dont think it would be ai coming our way either, but he is the  ONLY point guard i would go for at this point, not eric snow..  we are flooded at that spot as it is, no sense in trying to get him IMO...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 11:44:04 AM »
quit copying ME!!!!  
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 11:47:01 AM »
you shut up!!  i guess we should let everyone know we are conjoined like "Catdog."  That way they could understand how we think like each other soo much....

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2004, 11:51:41 AM »
Cojoined?  Your sick, quit watching dogs hump out your trailer window burro. :blink:  
Paul

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 11:54:04 AM »
I hope we end up with Sheed if this deal goes down.  Iverson & Parker are too small of a backcourt to be on the floor together.  Although it would become the quickest backcourt in the league.

But then you never know....maybe Iverson had some inside knowledge when he met reporters wearing a Gervin throwback jersey & Spurs cap.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 12:00:02 PM »
are you kidding, ai would not be on his way here, pop would not even want to deal with parker freakin out over another point guard coming our way.  he would sooner trade parker for ai that go through that and that aint happenning...

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 12:00:35 PM »
can't get jackson as well, atlanta can only send out one player in a sheed deal (since he was just acquired via trade).

and rasho, hedo, mercer, other crap ain't gonna get us to let ai go.

and i haven't seen this reported anywhere.

*edit* merged the 2 topics.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 12:05:07 PM by dbodner »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 12:01:38 PM »
like you weren't the one to get me hooked on that in the first place.  they may not know who you are - BUT I DO!!  you cant lie to me you beyatch!  

lol

Guest_westkoast

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »
Mr. Iverson got benched by the new coach for missing practice and they talked to him with a Spurs jersey and hat on.

Maybe hes sending a message...........or maybe westkoast is stretching like armstrong.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2004, 12:09:10 PM »
Rasho didn't make the plane this morning. Saw his at Taco Cabana this morning ordering his morning "watermellon" Aqua Fresce and his bean and cheese taco.
Paul

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2004, 12:09:57 PM »
I do know that Philadelphia was incensed when Sacramento drafted Hedo right before them several years back. They thought they had the inside track in drafting him. If this trade happens, they may finally get their man.

As for the Spurs getting Wallace, honestly, most people do not go out of their way to get cancer; the same should hold true for basketball teams. Referees despise Rasheed, and Wallace's temperment is NOT going to improve by hanging around good citizens like Tim Duncan. Portland's image improved overnight once Wallace was shown the door, and if the Spurs trade for him, their image will nosedive.

I can see immediately where Popovich and Wallace will embark on pissing contests to see who will get their way. While I would not vote against Pop, it certain bodes ill for the team chemistry.    
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."