Author Topic: Dodgeball  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dodgeball
« on: June 21, 2004, 03:18:17 PM »
Excellent and horrible both in the same movie.

Thats my take.

Superb parody of the one aspect of a sector of the fitness industry, with Global Gyms owner Ben Stiller barking out their motto in a commercial, "We're better then you -and we know it!".  The whole sector of the gyms that are shallow self absorbed obsessive fitness scene vs Average Joes Gym across the street.  Equally good casting for Average Joes.
  Stillers character parody was priceless.  As good as he was spoofing the modeling industy in Zoolander.  Also the "ESPN8" take off was classic, showing a bunch of non mainstreat sports.  But the recurring play of the second announcer was just plain stupid.  Also all the lowbrow hurt scenes, you know where someone tosses a wrench at someone and seriously hurts them and the rest respond apathetically.  It was ok the 1st time, after 10 times it's enough.
Great borrow from Adam Sandlers Waterboy on how one character on the Average team musters up courage and energy to play better by seeing his email Asian bride with another guy in the audience.  But they only show it once during a small part of only one match.  It was a 32 team tournament.  Could have replayed his mustering several more times.

All in all it was both great and bad.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dodgeball
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 12:10:49 PM »
"great and Bad"....does that mean it was "so-so", or "good"??

what kind of review is this????

:nonono:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dodgeball
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 01:22:25 PM »
The premise and plotline of the movie was fantastic.

Parts of the movie were superb.

Too many parts sucked tho.

Thus its a combo movie, neither great nor crappy.  

Cristine Taylor looks great in those baby blue contacts.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dodgeball
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 02:04:49 PM »
The premise and plotline of the movie was fantastic.

Parts of the movie were superb.

Too many parts sucked tho.

Thus its a combo movie, neither great nor crappy.  

Cristine Taylor looks great in those baby blue contacts.
just dont start reviewing food.   i can see it now, "it was somewhere between fish and chicken.....yas thats what i thought about the BEEF stew, it's tast was somewhere between fish and chicken, uh huh..."
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dodgeball
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 02:08:09 PM »
Or I'll add a Texas version review.

Are you having a bad day?

Shrek2 is fantastic.  Period.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dodgeball
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 02:19:11 PM »
Or I'll add a Texas version review.

Are you having a bad day?

Shrek2 is fantastic.  Period.
or how about, "Dodgeball, it was funny."

:up:  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Dodgeball
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 02:39:49 PM »
I'm waiting for RED ROVER: The Movie to come out...

Since "Smear the Queer," aka, Dodgeball has already been done.

That's what our gym coach called Dodgeball when we were kids...
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dodgeball
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 02:43:32 PM »
I'm waiting for RED ROVER: The Movie to come out...

Since "Smear the Queer," aka, Dodgeball has already been done.

That's what our gym coach called Dodgeball when we were kids...
hey, i know they play dodge ball here at Duke's, my buddies thought about starting something up also.  that could be fun, let out the RAGE!!   uh huh...lol

jn

Dodgeball
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 02:45:18 PM »
Dodgeball looks like the movie for those who were too grossed out by Baseketball.  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dodgeball
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 03:03:35 PM »
Dodgeball looks like the movie for those who were too grossed out by Baseketball.
no, your thinking "slamball" on spike tv....