Author Topic: Jackson, Kobe, Shaq- rats off a sinking ship?  (Read 984 times)

rickortreat

Jackson, Kobe, Shaq- rats off a sinking ship?
« on: June 21, 2004, 03:11:38 PM »
Laker fans are you disgusted with what's happening, seems like everyone wants to bail on your team.  This marks the end of an era and a dynasty in the making.  With Shaq and Kobe, the Lakers were in the hunt for a title every year. Whatever LA comes up with next, it will be unlikely to find itself in the same position if they can only trade Shaq and loose Kobe to FA.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 03:24:27 PM »
Laker fans are you disgusted with what's happening, seems like everyone wants to bail on your team.  This marks the end of an era and a dynasty in the making.  With Shaq and Kobe, the Lakers were in the hunt for a title every year. Whatever LA comes up with next, it will be unlikely to find itself in the same position if they can only trade Shaq and loose Kobe to FA.
Everything is flying about and people are mixing up rumors with fact.  Especially the king of the morons himself, Mr. Ventre.  For one I dont think Buss wanted Shaq to go or at least didnt want it to go public right away...to me it sounds like something Mitch decided to throw out because of his rift with Shaq.  No GM in the world with half a brain would even make a comment like that right after the season unless out of spite IMO.  Seems liek Mitch had his shot to flex his muscle and decided to do so at the press confrence, which he could have single handly sunk this ship with one idiotic comment.

Now if the Kobe/PJ thing is true, which I believe Phil wanted to go and it had very little to do with Kobe saying he wants him to leave, is what has me scratching my head.  If Kobe did make a comment about wanting Phil to leave then he truly is a moron.  How can you deny how effective Phil Jackson's ways have been for this club.  Team went from a 10+ year drought to being in the hunt every single year?  I heard Kobe was smart, he has to see that this team  is just fine and you cannot win every year.  I dont remember seeing Magic and the boys cry like little babies after they got beat in the finals.  They sucked it up, rested up, and then came back the nexxt season ready to battle.  Pre-madonna basketball has now fully took over the NBA.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 03:27:11 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 03:36:13 PM »
Laker fans are you disgusted with what's happening, seems like everyone wants to bail on your team.  This marks the end of an era and a dynasty in the making.  With Shaq and Kobe, the Lakers were in the hunt for a title every year. Whatever LA comes up with next, it will be unlikely to find itself in the same position if they can only trade Shaq and loose Kobe to FA.
I don't know lets hear what roster they end up with for 2004-5.
It probably won't happen but imagine what kind of a team they could field if able to trade both Kobe and Shraq.  Even if they can just trade one of them, the possibilities are good for LA.

I see plenty of opportunity to field a good team.

Phildo, I for one think his leaving is not just his being unable to give the smug little smirk to the cameras while having to deal with reality.  His health does not look good.  Not bad, but not good.  Resting up for a year sure worked last time.  If the NJNets do indeed move into Manhattan and become in essence the New York Nets, Phildo might be all over that.  Could Shraq even be mixed in?  Well not the way the timing is but who knows.  Phildo has been the Silver Spooner for sure in previous timings.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 03:37:19 PM by Reality »

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 03:49:46 PM »
LA won't be hurting if they lose Shaq and Kobe, they could field a competitive team. Think about what a team's going to have to give up to get Shaq. LA will have some talent on that scrub of a team.
Paul