Author Topic: Congrats to the Laker fans  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats to the Laker fans
« on: June 01, 2004, 09:30:59 AM »
Another year....another boring LA finals.   :cry:

Had to wonder last night if the Lakers had it in them to pull through.  Seems like the travel fatigue I was hoping for in the Spurs series started to show up.  But your boys prevailed and Stern will get his improved ratings over last year.  At least they get 5 days off before the finals begin.  Good thing the refs remembered who they were suppose to favor....they got confused in the second quarter.   :D

Anywho.....great win for the purple & gold nation.   :cheers:

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 09:40:54 AM »
Thanks BBF, it sure did seem like the powers that be wanted a game 7 didn't it?  :rolleyes:

People talk about LA's bench not being deep and the role players being nothing special, but this whole series and the San Antonio one as well, the role players have been huge, and Kareem Rush lived up to his scoring rep quite nicely last night, I loved the look of dejection on on Sprewell's face.

Tough loss JN, my condolences.
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 09:43:39 AM »
i figured la would win, sorry jn, nice run by your team.  now we can get the purple and gold championship riots over with and plan for next years Spurs championship run babay!!   B)  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 10:24:52 AM »
It's just nice that the reality of what is happening has apparently caused, at least for me, much welcomed silence from hater's whom, it seems, if they can't insult, won't come around here to humbly offer props or congratulations. Oh how they must be just doing a slow burn right now at the thought of having to endure another year of LA bragging rights, the agony they will go through if LA gets past Indy or Detroit must be almost enough to cause hatred overload and an eventual meltdown. I'm quite sure, however, the keyboards are working overtime in excuse mode, writing out and saving all the future excuses for use at the appropriate time. I'm equally sure they must be trying to figure out which team bandwagon to hop next year, that has the best chance to knock off LA, frontrunners that they are, my crow, at least for the Western Conference, must sit in the freezer yet another year, maybe I could send it the haters, I'm sure they're used to choking down mouthful after mouthful of crow, well no, you'd have to acknowledge LA's victory for that, never mind.
Dan

Guest_Randy

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 10:39:02 AM »
i figured la would win, sorry jn, nice run by your team.  now we can get the purple and gold championship riots over with and plan for next years Spurs championship run babay!!   B)
To help determine what abilities John Kerry truly has in running a war such as the one taking place in Iraq, Kerry has been tasked with developing and executing the counteroffensive against the upcoming LA 2004.4 "Celebration" riots.  Good luck, Kerry.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 10:46:08 AM »
It's just nice that the reality of what is happening has apparently caused, at least for me, much welcomed silence from hater's whom, it seems, if they can't insult, won't come around here to humbly offer props or congratulations. Oh how they must be just doing a slow burn right now at the thought of having to endure another year of LA bragging rights, the agony they will go through if LA gets past Indy or Detroit must be almost enough to cause hatred overload and an eventual meltdown. I'm quite sure, however, the keyboards are working overtime in excuse mode, writing out and saving all the future excuses for use at the appropriate time. I'm equally sure they must be trying to figure out which team bandwagon to hop next year, that has the best chance to knock off LA, frontrunners that they are, my crow, at least for the Western Conference, must sit in the freezer yet another year, maybe I could send it the haters, I'm sure they're used to choking down mouthful after mouthful of crow, well no, you'd have to acknowledge LA's victory for that, never mind.
You know what's funny, Dan?  If the Spurs would have won, a certain poster here would have been thumping his chest in a manner ONLY proving his bandwagon status -- and, as everyone knows deeply reflects bandwagon status, he is simply absent when the Lakers win.  

True fans, like the Lakers and Spurs fans who are constant and true don't do this because we all remember losing too well -- and not the small losses that have taken place by the Spurs and TWolves but the years in which you don't even MAKE the playoffs because the team is reloading and rebuilding.  In years of celebration like 2004.4, we STILL remember the tough years and remember and then we also remember the years when we thought we had it all and came up short (can you say Utah?  SA?).  I have a great deal of respect for the fans of their teams who manage to give props even though it kills them that their team isn't going all the way -- that's CLASS!   :cheers:

jn, while I'm sure it's disappointing that your team came up short -- and you still probably wonder what it might have been like if everyone was healthy -- the TWolves took a GIANT step forward this year -- and that only makes them even tougher for next year.  My only negative comment about KG is that I still think he needs to be more aggressive in taking the ball to the hole in these kind of games -- but he stepped up his game and showed why he is the MVP.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 11:12:52 AM »
Double Dan, Randolph and all,

When you're out of the country you tend to not care so much, esp when the Spurs are out thanks to your 0.4.

Lyin and Hatin and storytellin seem to keep on going at your slumber party.
Enjoy.

Oh and poor Rev. Fanny, was the 36-26 advantage in FTs not enough for you?   :nod:
4 FTs TOTAL for the Wolves in the 2nd half.  RRRRrraaaaaagh.
The "burn" you must have been Bushmilling thru in the 2nd qtr.  If only you would drop down to 0.4.

Now for the folks who know the slightest thing about NBA hoop, MNs decision to die by the 3 was silly.  Having the miraculous 4 calls called on Fats is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  If you were hitting 3s fine, you were not.  So drive it to the hoop and perhaps the refs will for the 1st time in 2004 playoff history not advantage the Flamers at home.  Also stop the silly non forced turnovers.  Ballgame.  

On the other hand the Lakers 3 point shooting was thru the roof, of course Rush but even the other 3bies.  By far that was the dif, not your idols FanDana.

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 11:23:38 AM »

When you're out of the country you tend to not care so much, esp when the Spurs are out thanks to your 0.4.

Enjoy.

Oh and poor Rev. Fanny, was the 36-26 advantage in FTs not enough for you?   :nod:
4 FTs TOTAL for the Wolves in the 2nd half.  RRRRrraaaaaagh.
The "burn" you must have been Bushmilling thru in the 2nd qtr.  If only you would drop down to 0.4.

Now for the folks who know the slightest thing about NBA hoop, MNs decision to die by the 3 was silly.  Having the miraculous 4 calls called on Fats is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  If you were hitting 3s fine, you were not.  So drive it to the hoop and perhaps the refs will for the 1st time in 2004 playoff history not advantage the Flamers at home.  Also stop the silly non forced turnovers.  Ballgame.  

On the other hand the Lakers 3 point shooting was thru the roof, of course Rush but even the other 3bies.  By far that was the dif, not your idols FanDana.
Lyin and Hatin and storytellin seem to keep on going at your slumber party. Enjoy.

:rofl:  You should know, you seem to be posting about yourself when it comes to the Lakers!

Now for the folks who know the slightest thing about NBA hoop, MNs decision to die by the 3 was silly.  Having the miraculous 4 calls called on Fats is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  If you were hitting 3s fine, you were not.  So drive it to the hoop and perhaps the refs will for the 1st time in 2004 playoff history not advantage the Flamers at home.  Also stop the silly non forced turnovers.  Ballgame. 

Hmm, is this excuse #2 (opposing players choke) or #3 (opposing coach chokes) -- it kind of sounds like a combination of the two.  We all KNOW that you won't say the Lakers won because they were the better team -- all because you have no class and are an idiot!  

On the other hand the Lakers 3 point shooting was thru the roof, of course Rush but even the other 3bies.  By far that was the dif, not your idols FanDana.

Let's go back to basketball 101, because it seems that you need it.  Why are Peeler and Bowen shooting better with their current teams from the arch than they have with any other team?  (not waiting for you to answer because I don't think you will ever figure it out)  It's because they get WIDE OPEN LOOKS!  The defense was collapsing on Shaq and leaving these players wide open.  In fact, George and GP had so many wide open looks in the first half but they just couldn't knock anything down.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2004, 11:29:42 AM »

Enjoy.

Oh and poor Rev. Fanny, was the 36-26 advantage in FTs not enough for you?   :nod:
4 FTs TOTAL for the Wolves in the 2nd half.  RRRRrraaaaaagh.
The "burn" you must have been Bushmilling thru in the 2nd qtr.  If only you would drop down to 0.4.

Now for the folks who know the slightest thing about NBA hoop, MNs decision to die by the 3 was silly.  Having the miraculous 4 calls called on Fats is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  If you were hitting 3s fine, you were not.  So drive it to the hoop and perhaps the refs will for the 1st time in 2004 playoff history not advantage the Flamers at home.  Also stop the silly non forced turnovers.  Ballgame. 

On the other hand the Lakers 3 point shooting was thru the roof, of course Rush but even the other 3bies.  By far that was the dif, not your idols FanDana.
I was waiting for this  :cry:

Funny how its the .4 Lakers but if the tables were turned there would be no mention of the 1.3 Spurs would there?

I think all the Laker fans on the board apperciate the props from the real fans around here.  You would think it would easier for a fan of no team to give props to the Lakers than a fan of a team who duked it out with them in the 2nd round.  Dont worry about chest beating im sure alot of the fans got humbled last year when the Spurs spanked the Lakers in 6.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 11:34:46 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Rickortreat

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2004, 12:06:10 PM »
Lakers deserve the props for comming through with a win last night.  Lot's of fouls against the big men, seemed like a pefect recipe for a Minnesota win, but Lakers had an answer for everything.  Kareem Rush saved that game for the Lakers with an amazeing display.

Now, the Lakers get some much-needed rest, while Indy and Detroit slog it out.  With the injuries, it looks like Detroit will win, giving the Lakers home-court advantage.  

I can't see Detroit taking the Lakers in a series.  They simply can't score enough.  Maybe they get one game, two if their very lucky.  Karl and Gary get their rings, finally.  That's something for B-ball fans everywhere to cheer about.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 12:40:30 PM »
Yep, great win. Just can't figure it out. Lakers don't play defense ALL SEASON, then all of a sudden, they swarm Garnett and Duncan like flies on SHYTE! :huh:  
Paul