Author Topic: Spurs fans (101, X3, Lurker)  (Read 4688 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs fans (101, X3, Lurker)
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2004, 02:47:44 PM »
Westkoast, so what he likes country music and drives a semi when he can? While I can't fathom for the life of me why anyone in their right mind would like country music, or actually LIKE driving a tractor trailer, I still prefer someone like that to these gangsta rap listenin', pot smoking, shove their wives out of house with no clothes doin', adultery committin', gun totin', the world owes me a livin' thinkin', spoiled little pukes that populate the NBA these days. Dirty play aside, Malone and his ilk, you know, the ones that stay out of trouble off the court, like Tim Duncan as another example, may not be glamourous, or have the street cred, but I personally think, having survived the whole gangbangin, in and out of jail desire for "street cred" in my youth while my friends were winding up dead or in prison, that that is a good thing, we could use more like 'em. The thug punks have taken over and the influence on today's kids is in small measure what's wrong with society today.
He lets keep it civil ok!

No need to run Kobe's name throug the mud like that when this thread has nothing to do with him in the first place.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2004, 02:54:43 PM »
My bad,how could ever condemn someone for cheating on his wife, isn't that a prerequisite to play in the NBA these days? :huh:  
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2004, 02:55:57 PM »
My bad,how could ever condemn someone for cheating on his wife, isn't that a prerequisite to play in the NBA these days? :huh:
That's the true reason Robinson retired....he couldn't in good faith cheat on his wife and was losing respect among his peers.   :D  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2004, 03:03:23 PM »
That's not what I am saying at all, how many careers has Malone ended? Of course he throws elbows, of course he does it on purpose, but rare indeed, in fact, I don't think he has ever pulled a stunt like Peeler did yesterday.

Peeler threw a hard elbow to Garnett's chest, knocking him to the ground on the other end of the floor and Garnett, still obviously in pain from it, unwisely retaliated on the other end. What Peeler did next was not just a little shove or a "frustration elbow", it was clean, hard intentional and vicious shot to Garnett's jaw, and it came very close to a shot to the throat, as punk and low class as you can get and to dismiss it as less than that is disingenuous. He aimed high and with intent to injure.

Malone may be dirty, and indeed sneaky about it, but let's not excuse Peeler's act as understandable while excoriating Malone, if Peeler had hit Garnett in the throat as hard as he threw that elbow, Garnett might not be playing game 7.
Dan,

You're either still drunk or don't know squat about Malone as a Jazz or Laker.

As a Laker, Malone's elbow to Steve Nash durring the regular season was worse than Peelers.

As a  Jazz, Malone's elbow to Isiah Thomas was one of, if not the, most brutal shot I've ever seeen.  K Willis shot on Scott Williams, Magic Johnson's shot on Isiah Thomas and JR Reids shot on AC Green rank right up there as well.  Dirtiest play IMO is till K. McHale's clothsline of Rambus, but that was more of a take down than a shot.

Don't give me any crap about Zeke deserving those shots either.
Oh, please -- Zeke deserved EVERYTHING that he got -- on and off the court.  Zeke was the HEART of the bad boys in Detroit -- he was just always more sly in his delivery.  Zeke knows this and will even admit to it at times.

Malone is one of the dirtiest players in the NBA -- he simply will not allow anything to stop him from winning and he doesn't mind using his elbow or knee to emphasize that point.  I respect many of his abilities on the court as well as his drive and work ethic but I will never respect his dirty play, period -- and it doesn't change, no matter what some fans believe, just because he changes into a different jersey.

While I think Peeler's move last night was inexcusable, I don't think it turns him into a thug.  He hasn't shown that attitude to this point in his career, IMO.  I think Miller is a thug -- he has shown that consistently in his career (and it hasn't changed just because he changed into a Kings jersey) but he is the only thug that I see on the Kings team.  And KG should have been tossed in that game as well -- but only Peeler deserves to sit out game 7.

guest-koast

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2004, 03:49:50 PM »
Uhh I didnt say anything about Malone...keep me out of this

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2004, 04:15:58 PM »
Dan, Peeler was knocked around earlier in this game and the game before, so to say what he did was not out of frustration and in essence equals or somehow excuse the career-length thuggery of a Malone doesn't even warrant a response.

Come back with an argument that won't embarass your kids when they read that nonsense.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2004, 04:18:20 PM »
Sorry Koast, I actually meant to say X3, consider the post edited.
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2004, 04:19:53 PM »
:crazy:
Sorry Koast, I actually meant to say X3, consider the post edited.
hey say what you want, but momma dont let your babies grow up to be truck drivers!  the man just creeps me out....
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 04:20:04 PM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2004, 04:26:15 PM »
Dude, I drove trucks cross country for just under 20 years to support my family, I can't imagine why anyone do it if they don't have to, but my point about Malone still stands, better him than these thugs out of the ghetto we have te deal with now.
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2004, 04:33:38 PM »
Dude, I drove trucks cross country for just under 20 years to support my family, I can't imagine why anyone do it if they don't have to, but my point about Malone still stands, better him than these thugs out of the ghetto we have te deal with now.
i bet if you signalled to honk your horn to him, he wouldnt do it...probably just give you a dirty look like, "oh yeah man, when i get outta this rig i am gonna elbow you!!!"
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2004, 04:36:50 PM »
Only because he wears a Kings uniform is he frustrated and is it thereby "understandable" JoMal, I guess I understand now as well.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 04:37:22 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan