Author Topic: Kings and TWolves fans . . .  (Read 934 times)

Guest_Randy

Kings and TWolves fans . . .
« on: May 13, 2004, 12:55:40 PM »
I'd like to hear your input on YOUR team (not the opponent) and your thoughts about the rollercoaster games we have seen.  There have been huge leads from both teams in this series that have been blown -- your thoughts on your team and why?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 01:54:49 PM »
Well, Randy, that major point to make is that not all the Kings' player have yet to show up to play in every game. Yesterday, Miller and Webber did the most damage, with a huge boost from Mike Bibby. But Peja and Christie were downright pathetic. Divac has been solid, and Peeler is helping. Songaila would be a huge help against guys like Trent and Madsen, but not glued to the bench.

Somehow, defensively the Kings are playing way better then during the season. We knew they could from last year, when they led the League in opponents shooting percentage. The job they are doing on defense is playoff calibur. But where is that offense? The Kings will need Peja to step up and score from the outside to win this series. Without him, the Kings are treading water, looking for answers. If Bibby can get open, or Christie gets hot, that can compensate, but it is Peja who they all want to take the majority of those shots.

Physically, the Kings are hoping Webber is not getting too sore from the schedule this week. Miller looks to have recouped from his numerous injuries and must be painfree to be throwing himself all over the court like he did yesterday. Christie has a very sore left foot, similar to the injury Peja had two years ago that caused him to be inaffective for stretches. Bobby Jackson actually indicated he was shooting for coming back to play this Friday. At this point, I have no idea if that is a good or bad thing. Would he be healthy enough to add that B-Jax flavor to the game or just a shadow of the effort?

Overall, I am not convinced this King's team is better then the Wolves. Too inconsistent. They go in stretches of games when they look to have zero desire and put out no effort. I blame part of that on Adelman's seven man rotation. It just wears out players who have to play a game every other day. When they start to drag like that, Adelman needs to call a time out and send in some fresher guys, but that is not how he does things. His starters NEED to sit once in a while just to observe how the game is being played.

Other pet peeves are the fancy passing when a more sensible toss is warranted, but not the telegraphed passes that Peja made on several occasions last night that got picked off.

If the Kings continue to play the type of defense they have been showing, combined with a return to the offensive juggarnaut they are known for but has been AWOL, no team in the playoffs would be immune to the Kings' winning. Since they can't seem to combine the two in the same game, making last second baskets for the win might be the best we can hope for.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Guest_Randy

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 03:02:17 PM »
Overall, I am not convinced this King's team is better then the Wolves. Too inconsistent. They go in stretches of games when they look to have zero desire and put out no effort. I blame part of that on Adelman's seven man rotation. It just wears out players who have to play a game every other day. When they start to drag like that, Adelman needs to call a time out and send in some fresher guys, but that is not how he does things. His starters NEED to sit once in a while just to observe how the game is being played.

Other pet peeves are the fancy passing when a more sensible toss is warranted, but not the telegraphed passes that Peja made on several occasions last night that got picked off.

If the Kings continue to play the type of defense they have been showing, combined with a return to the offensive juggarnaut they are known for but has been AWOL, no team in the playoffs would be immune to the Kings' winning. Since they can't seem to combine the two in the same game, making last second baskets for the win might be the best we can hope for.

Item #1 -- the title for Team Inconsistency goes to the Lakers, hands down -- please do not try to steal more titles from the Lakers -- we both know what happens when the Kings try to do that -- they choke!   :rolleyes:

Item #2 -- I don't think that the Kings are playing any more inconsistent ball that the TWolves are -- and I'm not sure that I see EITHER coach really playing any of the chess match that has made some of the other series very interesting.

Item #3 -- I don't think the Kings are playing as good a defense as you would like to believe -- it is very good but not as good as defense as we have seen in the Laker/Spurs series.  This is the reason why the Kings get beat, IMO.  I don't think the Kings can be the defensives/offensive juggernaut at the same time -- mainly because of CWebb.  

jn

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 01:45:54 PM »
I'm a little busier than usual so I'll be brief.  

The Wolves need to sit Kandi down. Period.  Play Mad Dog or even Oliver Miller.  

KG needs to limit his dribbling in the post. He needs to make his moves quicker and get right to the rack, pass earlier to save shot clock time, or just turn and shoot. Who can stop a 7'1" guy with long arms and big hops if he just turns and fires?  

More consistency from Sam and Spree.  They simply need to hit more shots and turn it over less.  Spree has played some good D and needs to maintain that.  I have no hope Sam's D will get any better.  I just hope he doesn't get in foul trouble anymore.

Hasell and Fred need to keep playing well.  I couldn't be more pleased with these two.  Big Erv has done about as much as I could hope for as well.  

NO MORE BIG DEFICITS EARLY!!