Author Topic: How did the NBA guys look at FIBA?  (Read 7673 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: How did the NBA guys look at FIBA?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 11:24:47 PM »
This board is unreadable at times

Unfortunately those times are a.m. and p.m.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 10:23:12 AM »

So are you saying that Reality shouldn't be able to make threads anymore?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 12:37:51 PM »

He can make all the threads he wants, I just don't bother reading much of anything around here anymore.  I do check in when I see that someone like Joe V or Bods is posting but now everyone is falling in to the quagmire so there is not much value in comming to this board anymore.  Even when a good discussion gets going it gets ruined because people can't seem to avoid getting sucked in to the BS. 

"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Source "unknown".

I soooooooooo don't get how Jem got banned and this shyte continues.  Most people don't post here anymore but luckily I can still chat with some former "boardies" elsewhere.  Ya hear me Spurs wusses?!?!?!?!?!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 04:06:37 PM »

I'm saying if you could both ignore each other, it would be wonderful.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 04:07:25 PM »
I soooooooooo don't get how Jem got banned and this shyte continues

The philly section and this section have always had different rules.  I don't want to be board daddy for the msnbc refugees.  Never have.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »

It would be wonderful if he stopped getting a pass for posting bs.  It is not like I am the only person who he gets into it with.  Instead of you directly telling him to knock it off someone else gets roped in, like Lake Fan Dan, and then he plays the 'well db said that its LFD own fault ' card in which he continues on with the bs  This happened multiple times, he is the constant, and yet the person hes being annoying towards needs to 'ignore him'  It is never 'Reality seriously, knock it off' directly.  Honestly I think if you told him  to knock it off he would listen.  Everyone else he would attempt to pass off a Laker Krishna or a Laker Cousin or some stupid variation of such that is trying to keep him from speaking the truth  ::)  As a request from you I am putting him on ignore.  I'll leave it there this time.

I was joking about him not being able to make threads btw.  I just didn't add a smiley because it was a quick post when I was checking email this morning.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 04:44:11 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 11:31:01 AM »
I soooooooooo don't get how Jem got banned and this shyte continues

The philly section and this section have always had different rules.  I don't want to be board daddy for the msnbc refugees.  Never have.

You couldn't ban Jem from the Philly section and let him get owned in this section?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 11:35:31 AM »

It would be wonderful if he stopped getting a pass for posting bs.  It is not like I am the only person who he gets into it with.  Instead of you directly telling him to knock it off someone else gets roped in, like Lake Fan Dan, and then he plays the 'well db said that its LFD own fault ' card in which he continues on with the bs  This happened multiple times, he is the constant, and yet the person hes being annoying towards needs to 'ignore him'  It is never 'Reality seriously, knock it off' directly.  Honestly I think if you told him  to knock it off he would listen.  Everyone else he would attempt to pass off a Laker Krishna or a Laker Cousin or some stupid variation of such that is trying to keep him from speaking the truth  ::)  As a request from you I am putting him on ignore.  I'll leave it there this time.

I was joking about him not being able to make threads btw.  I just didn't add a smiley because it was a quick post when I was checking email this morning.

I think you are completely wrong wk.  Nobody needs to tell Reality anything because he won't listen, YOU just need to ignore him.  I had you on ignore for a while because you kept at it with him and it's annoying.  I can't put Joe V on ignore without thinking at that point this entire board is just not worth the effort anymore.  I really miss the "Spursies" and Jem on this board along with Rick's craziness.  This board has really lost it's appeal, I'm not saying it's entirely one person's fault it's just that the "regulars" are not around anymore for what ever reason and if I have to "ignore" the ones that do post here then what's the point?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 11:51:42 AM »

I think you are completely wrong wk.  Nobody needs to tell Reality anything because he won't listen, YOU just need to ignore him.  I had you on ignore for a while because you kept at it with him and it's annoying.  I can't put Joe V on ignore without thinking at that point this entire board is just not worth the effort anymore.  I really miss the "Spursies" and Jem on this board along with Rick's craziness.  This board has really lost it's appeal, I'm not saying it's entirely one person's fault it's just that the "regulars" are not around anymore for what ever reason and if I have to "ignore" the ones that do post here then what's the point?

You know why a bunch of the regulars don't post around here.  Don't try to side step  why Lurker, Laker Fan Dan, Randy, and Spursx3 don't care to post here anymore.

As for me going back and forth, I am the type of person who is going to call out bs.  That is just how I am.  You are like that too.  It is just you no longer get any laughs out of doing so and now you are pissed about it.    There was a point in time, during this past basketball season,  you were doing exactly what I was.  Even going as far to laugh at Reality because you were ignoring him.

As long as nothing is directly said to Reality by you guys and you direct it the way you have the more he will side step it with his typical bs.  It is clear what you and DB are getting at in this thread to most people.  Ill shut up.  I get it.  He doesn't.  If anything is said to Reality pointing this out he treats it as 'fabrication'and 'making things up' because no one can directly quote you guys saying that it is annoying.  He did the same exact thing with Laker Fan Dan.  That is my point and my last post in this thread.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:06:25 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 12:24:59 PM »
As long as nothing is directly said to Reality by you guys and you direct it the way you have the more he will side step it with his typical bs.  It is clear what you and DB are getting at in this thread to most people.  Ill shut up.  I get it.  He doesn't.  If anything is said to Reality pointing this out he treats it as 'fabrication'and 'making things up' because no one can directly quote you guys saying that it is annoying.  He did the same exact thing with Laker Fan Dan.  That is my point and my last post in this thread.

CASE CLOSED!!! LOL!

My point is there is no point on this subject, everything has been tried and it doesn't work you just have to know when you quit.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 01:54:41 PM »
Once again i've sent WOW and westkoast running into each others arms when no one else will have them.  :D
You two are as unaccountable and unresponsible as ever.....

back later.  ;)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 03:06:05 PM »
No, once again, you've decided to see if you can get a lynch mob started.

Against my better judgement and common sense, Reality, most of the time, I actually think you're GOOD for the board.  You're always here, and we can always count on you to post, and that's good.

But in terms of accountablity, willingness to share the board, and just plain old manners, you've got a lot to learn.

I detest Kobe Bryant much as anyone, and I'm certainly no big fan of the Lakers, and yet I manage to get along with the Laker guys around here.  That's because even though they'll disagree with me to the bitter end, they'll probably tell you that I'm reasonably FAIR to them.  And the fact is, Reality, you don't really fight FAIR.  You use subtle language to try to generate a reaction.  You extrapolate on points made to the ridiculous, and then in disproving the ridiculous case, you think you've disproven the point.  Then you taunt people as if you've won an argument by the aforementioned method.

Do this once or twice a year, and it's HILARIOUS.  Do it once or twice a THREAD, and you become your own punchline, and it's no longer funny.  Tone it back, and you can be the board's greatest asset.  Keep it going the way it's going, and E.T. will want his letters back.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 02:47:19 PM »
No, once again, you've decided to see if you can get a lynch mob started.
I like this Lynch Mob, except for a bit of the *rock star* posuerism in their movements in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKdWFNvZFvI

Against my better judgement and common sense, Reality, most of the time, I actually think you're GOOD for the board.  You're always here, and we can always count on you to post, and that's good.
A mixed comment but i am striving to always look for the good, so thanks!

But in terms of accountablity,.
Accountability lack?  No way.  In the words of Randy, "show me where i ever....."

willingness to share the board,
I would say 85% of the threads I start are made to stimulate discussion, all sincere respondants welcome.  Altho the board has been heading South for quite some time, the thread that made me know the board as we knew it was over was a thread i started asking for Playoff Predictions, nothing more.  W.O.W. came spamming in with nonsense.  Laker Fan Dan, instead of calling out WOW, did nothing but complain (nothing about fellow Laker W.O.W.s spamming) and started another thread exactly the same.  And so with this thead.  Like their idol Kobe, they want their way whether it's deserved or not.  In fact, especially when it's *NOT* deserved.  "Entitlement".  Missed shot?  Kobme just throws his hands in the air and pouts.  Tweet!  Foul shots!  Roster lacking?  Enter the Memphis Lakers collusion and Gasol.  Likewise the Laker posters ride the waaaambulance to Stern (dabods) whining about wanting me banned.  Westkoast didn't whine the ban card but W.O.W. did.  "Entitlement" is what they want.  And you are merely enabling them by *NOT* calling that plant nourishing substance for what it is. 

As with this thread, it really was a slow time, the FIBAs really were going on and Ricky Rubio, like him or dislike him was a #5 overall pick and is only 19 or so.  Ditto Splitter, finally a big not named Finley or Bonner to potentially help Timmy Dunks out.  So it's very topical.
Don't wanna comment on it, great don't.  'Sause could have come in and just said "I don't follow the foreign game."  Okay.  Instead, that Laker posters twist it to some uber redundant Kombe defense i agree is beyond old and tired.  Now, have i baited them?  You got to admit I've done it less then 5 million times.  And i do always release them after the catch.
That others do not want to see westkoast and i and by extension WOW pretending to ignore me yes, that is so old and as dabods posted he has no desire to play the role of moderator-daddy.  (Sorry about the Stern comparison dabods, it was just an NBA type illustration.  You are not like Sternfish thankfully). 

So yes, i could go out of my way to make no inferences whatsoever that could be considered irreverant to Kobe and Lakerism.  Maybe dabods could make a site discussion board just for me and westkoast?  W.O.W. could come in too.