Author Topic: Larry Brown best rebuilder ever  (Read 16314 times)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Larry Brown best rebuilder ever
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2010, 08:36:04 AM »
Larry isn't a primarily a team builder, he just takes a team and gets more out of it that most.  He is an excellent teacher and teaches sound, fundamental basketball.  Larry stands out, only because so many other NBA coaches aren't nearly as good.

But to say he doesn't build at all is absurd, since it usually takes a few seasons and a couple of trades and draft picks before he turns a team around. 

In his time with the Sixers he went through a number of players, helped select them, lobbied for them, got them and then decided they couldn't play or wouldn't.  He is a better judge of talent and sees how individual players can play together and become more than the sum of their parts.  But he's also a carpetbagger, and players get tired of him after a while, or he gets tired of them.
No rickertreat, Larry Brown is not a good builder nor does he get the most out of his teams.  Why?
Because the Suns beat the Dunleavy Clippers and because Jerry West took the call for Shaq to be marketed to the Lakers.  :D ;)

Please don't bring me into this type of garbage thread, I responded to the title and that's it. I hate this tit for tat nonsense! It's childish, stupid, non-productive and should be beneath all of you who read this.  Apparently it isn't and for that, I feel some regret for the above reasons.  Can't we simply accord each other some modicum of respect? We're all basketball fans, and while we can disagree with each other, there's no reason to call each other names. There is a certain amount of anonymity to on-line chatting, but that's no reason to treat each other poorly. It's hard to separate oneself from one's opinions, and their ownership, but being correct about a basketball subject is really insignificant in the grand scheme of things, is it not!?

I agree that there's a certain anonymity to online posting - which is why I typically use my actual name.

I also agree that a certain level of respect is required.  But a certain level of disdain for irresponsibility in posting must come with that as well.  And when it is continually repeated, it needs to be challenged.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2010, 09:21:40 AM »
Please don't bring me into this type of garbage thread, I responded to the title and that's it.
Which in starting the thread was all i was asking for.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2010, 09:43:17 AM »
I hate this tit for tat nonsense! It's childish, stupid, non-productive and should be beneath all of you who read this.  Apparently it isn't and for that, I feel some regret for the above reasons.  Can't we simply accord each other some modicum of respect? We're all basketball fans, and while we can disagree with each other, there's no reason to call each other names. There is a certain amount of anonymity to on-line chatting, but that's no reason to treat each other poorly. It's hard to separate oneself from one's opinions, and their ownership, but being correct about a basketball subject is really insignificant in the grand scheme of things, is it not!?
Agree 100%
It's been downhill since 2001 with no signs of any changes including, as you can see, since you posted this.

I've attempted to recruit quite a few from two other boards i go to, one known and one private.
The response after viewing has been "no way".  Reason given most ofter is "It's a Laker board."

So what to do now?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2010, 11:09:06 AM »
I hate this tit for tat nonsense! It's childish, stupid, non-productive and should be beneath all of you who read this.  Apparently it isn't and for that, I feel some regret for the above reasons.  Can't we simply accord each other some modicum of respect? We're all basketball fans, and while we can disagree with each other, there's no reason to call each other names. There is a certain amount of anonymity to on-line chatting, but that's no reason to treat each other poorly. It's hard to separate oneself from one's opinions, and their ownership, but being correct about a basketball subject is really insignificant in the grand scheme of things, is it not!?
Agree 100%
It's been downhill since 2001 with no signs of any changes including, as you can see, since you posted this.

I've attempted to recruit quite a few from two other boards i go to, one known and one private.
The response after viewing has been "no way".  Reason given most ofter is "It's a Laker board."

So what to do now?

You are so full of it, it is ridiculous.  The very fact you are making this posts proves really who the problem is and who isnt. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2010, 02:45:57 PM »
Larry isn't a primarily a team builder, he just takes a team and gets more out of it that most.  He is an excellent teacher and teaches sound, fundamental basketball.  Larry stands out, only because so many other NBA coaches aren't nearly as good.

But to say he doesn't build at all is absurd, since it usually takes a few seasons and a couple of trades and draft picks before he turns a team around. 

In his time with the Sixers he went through a number of players, helped select them, lobbied for them, got them and then decided they couldn't play or wouldn't.  He is a better judge of talent and sees how individual players can play together and become more than the sum of their parts.  But he's also a carpetbagger, and players get tired of him after a while, or he gets tired of them.
No rickertreat, Larry Brown is not a good builder nor does he get the most out of his teams.  Why?
Because the Suns beat the Dunleavy Clippers and because Jerry West took the call for Shaq to be marketed to the Lakers.  :D ;)

Please don't bring me into this type of garbage thread, I responded to the title and that's it. I hate this tit for tat nonsense! It's childish, stupid, non-productive and should be beneath all of you who read this.  Apparently it isn't and for that, I feel some regret for the above reasons.  Can't we simply accord each other some modicum of respect? We're all basketball fans, and while we can disagree with each other, there's no reason to call each other names. There is a certain amount of anonymity to on-line chatting, but that's no reason to treat each other poorly. It's hard to separate oneself from one's opinions, and their ownership, but being correct about a basketball subject is really insignificant in the grand scheme of things, is it not!?

I agree that there's a certain anonymity to online posting - which is why I typically use my actual name.

I also agree that a certain level of respect is required.  But a certain level of disdain for irresponsibility in posting must come with that as well.  And when it is continually repeated, it needs to be challenged.

I do understand that persistent irrationality can be annoying and even offensive. And I myself have responded in a less than kind way to some of the more egregious types. But it does not need to be challenged, that is your CHOICE.  Since in these circumstances it is highly unlikely that you will ever see any satisfaction out of it, why bother?  The truth doesn't need to be known by everyone to be the truth!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2010, 11:02:15 PM »
The truth doesn't need to be known by everyone to be the truth!

Did you quote someone or did you make that up yourself?  That is profound, I am surprised I have not heard that phrase before.  FYI, I am not joking.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2010, 07:20:51 AM »
Have to admit, I like that one as well.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2010, 09:20:57 AM »
Have to admit, I like that one as well.

I Googled it and it did not return a result that matched.  I think Rick might have created a quotable quote.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"