Author Topic: Are we all pulling for Butler?  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Are we all pulling for Butler?
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:11:15 PM »
Is anyone not?
Are there any board Duke Lakers hoping for a Dukie win?

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Are we all pulling for Butler?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 10:58:27 AM »
That would be me.

I'm a North Carolina fan, but I respect the Duke program.  I also think ACC basketball is hands-down the best amateur basketball played in the country - which may explain why my bracket had two ACC teams (Duke and Maryland) in the Final Four (wiht my champion, Syracuse, and Kentucky.)

While Butler is (was) a great feel-good story, they do not impress me as being as good a team as Duke.  How close the game was is actually a surprise to me.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 11:28:01 AM »
That would be me.

I'm a North Carolina fan, but I respect the Duke program.  I also think ACC basketball is hands-down the best amateur basketball played in the country - which may explain why my bracket had two ACC teams (Duke and Maryland) in the Final Four (wiht my champion, Syracuse, and Kentucky.)

While Butler is (was) a great feel-good story, they do not impress me as being as good a team as Duke.  How close the game was is actually a surprise to me.

Amateur!!!!   :D :D

::)
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 04:10:28 PM »
That would be me.

many fundamental flaws displayed by both Duke and Butler.
Duke did not impress me, at all.  The forward that drains treys and midrange jumpers, he does look good.  The hyped up guard Sheyers is another Bubby Hurley, lite version.  Butlers far more athletic guards had simply much too low a basketball I.Q. to take what should have been obvious advantage of Sheyers.  They tried taking everything to the rack and when Duke triple teamed them instead of passing off for an assist they just freight trained the shot up anyways, a good number of them being blocked.

westkoast, is the smaller Butler substitute guard a reasonable facsimile of you?  I like the way he played.  Hit the early trey from NBA distance, gave a good spark.