Author Topic: Good "ole" fashion arse wuppin at Staples Center  (Read 4393 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Good "ole" fashion arse wuppin at Staples Center
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 03:05:37 PM »
Saw that about petrie, and the pay cut

in other news, many people are submitting plans for new kings stadiums these days - not sure if a new stadium gets built but the new mayor (formber NBA'er) is trying to save the team (it seems)

Kevin Johnson has made it a priority, yes. So he opened the door for developers to come up with solutions to how to get a new arena built. If Johnson has his way, it will be downtown somewhere, which has not been much of an option up to now. I am guessing he likes the way the Vorizon Center fits in the D.C. downtown area.

We have a downtown plaza that needs redeveloping, with a full block of potential to the east of it that the city has just taken over. This is two blocks from my office building. I could live with that.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."