Author Topic: A league of our own.  (Read 4257 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
A league of our own.
« on: January 21, 2010, 10:58:54 AM »
And by that I mean me, Ted, Dabods, Joe, Wolvie, JoMal, zig, westie and Reality.   The rest of you?  Mmmmm....

Is it surprising that this is taking place in the same town as Augusta National Country Club?  Nope.  Appalling yes, surprising no.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2010/01/19/nba_563760.shtml
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: A league of our own.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 11:12:57 AM »
Let's set aside race for a second here.......

Would this really be a great product for the people?  Honestly?  And why would people pay when they could go down to the local YMCA and see the Joe Vancil's of the world putting in work in the post against other older, white males?

This comes to mind:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_MZulr6uLw

Btw, WOW already has his own Mexican Basketball Assocation.  Though the games just Juan On Juan  ;D  www.instantrimshot.com
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 11:34:50 AM »
Actually, here's a good question:  would I even be eligible?  Sure, both my parents are Caucasian, but I'm an adopted kid.  I've got no clue as to any sort of history of my biological parents.

This is just another hate-based group that is against everything I believe in about basketball and the kind of sport it is and can be, despite the fact that they say they're looking for "fundamental" basketball players.

I grant you that the supporters of this league may be "fundamentalists," but it should tell you all you need to know when you hear that Tim Duncan, "the Big Fundamental," isn't eligible to play in this "fundamental" basketball league.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 12:16:42 PM »
"People will come out and support a product they can identify with. I'm the spoken minority right now, but if people will give us a chance, it'll work... The white game of basketball, which is essentially a fundamental game, works."

That sentence says it all.  If it walks like a racist, talks like a racist, and forms groups like a racist then....ya'll know the rest.

Lewis said he wants to emphasize fundamental basketball instead of "street-ball" played by "people of color." He pointed out recent incidents in the NBA, including Gilbert Arenas' indefinite suspension after bringing guns into the Washington Wizards locker room, as examples of fans' dissatisfaction with the way current professional sports are run.

"Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?" he said. "That's the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction."

I don't know if that's a good trade off if I have to watch a bunch of beer belly, toothless guys running around in "wife beater" shirts instaed of jerseys.  Then having to deal with their fans/family throwing beer bottles from the stands and having to listen to the players cousinwives talk about the finer points of cooking road kill possum.  I doubt this league would survive because there will NEVER be any parking available after the players trailers homes take up all the space.

A league made up of the best pure-caucasion American born players would probably not be as "fundamental" and exciting as the WNBA so I will take a pass.  You gotta love America!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 02:19:57 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 12:53:52 PM »
How excited is the WNBA right now?

When compared to the NBA, it pales in comparison.  It is just not anywhere close to the NBA.

When compared to the new CBA (Caucasian Basketball Association) it's not going to look half bad. 

Honestly, what would be the difference?  Other than of course some of the WNBA players can dunk....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 03:11:56 PM »

"Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?" he said. "

What is this guy talking about. He just described my basketball game in a nutshell.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 04:58:15 PM »
JoMal should I be giving you credit for the "crotch grabbing" and "game in a nutshell" joke or was that an coincidence?  :D

So my question would be whether a young Jason Williams would be make the cut? 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 06:33:29 PM »
Wow. Is that real?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 07:01:25 PM »
JoMal should I be giving you credit for the "crotch grabbing" and "game in a nutshell" joke or was that an coincidence?  :D

So my question would be whether a young Jason Williams would be make the cut? 

Oh, please, jn. If I were referencing my own 'gunny sack', I would have metaphored something about coconut husks.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 08:43:19 PM »
A league for short dumpy white guys, who can't jump???  I am on it man.  No wait, I already got that out in the driveway, so why would I pay money to see.myself get schooled by my brother?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 09:53:39 AM »
How excited is the WNBA right now?

When compared to the NBA, it pales in comparison.  It is just not anywhere close to the NBA.

When compared to the new CBA (Caucasian Basketball Association) it's not going to look half bad. 

Honestly, what would be the difference?  Other than of course some of the WNBA players can dunk....

lol.  I thought WNBA when I first read this story... 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 01:37:33 PM »
Ted, based on the comments section the guy is serious in his racism but I don't know that he has the wherewithal to do more than run his mouth to provoke people.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 10:51:48 PM »
And by that I mean me, Ted, Dabods, Joe, Wolvie, JoMal, zig, westie and Reality.   The rest of you?  Mmmmm....

Is it surprising that this is taking place in the same town as Augusta National Country Club?  Nope.  Appalling yes, surprising no.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2010/01/19/nba_563760.shtml
I was gonna say we could have a few beers before, during and after the game and talk about the Ole Gunslinger going to the Superbowl again.
<sigh> i guess that's out of the question now.
12 men on the field at a time like that.  :o :'(  Tied up field goal range Superbowl on the line.........

then that jacked up pass interference call on Lieberman.  >:(