Author Topic: Kings  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kings
« on: April 26, 2004, 11:38:34 PM »
What a bogus call against Eduardo Najera when Webber lost the ball with 39 seconds left.  

Dallas final play  :huh:
First off it looked on the pic n roll like Nash could have tossed it high to Nowitski even with Bibby and Stoyo doing the switcheroo.

Webber got bailed out big time.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Kings
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 11:25:34 AM »
What a bogus call against Eduardo Najera when Webber lost the ball with 39 seconds left.  

Dallas final play  :huh:
First off it looked on the pic n roll like Nash could have tossed it high to Nowitski even with Bibby and Stoyo doing the switcheroo.

Actually, the Mavs got bailed out. The foul stopped play, and Webber was going to the free throw line. That he actually hit one of the freebees was startling, but it was only one point as opposed to potentially two, then the Mavs got the ball back.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Kings
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 11:38:57 AM »
This seems like as good a thread as any....

I wish to congrat the Kings on their first round win (I know not official yet but Dallas won't win 2 road games to pull this series out).  I honestly felt that with the way they were stumbling towards the post season that Dallas would win the series.  But the Kings seem to have found that playoff experience and pulled together for some tough wins....especially last night.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Kings
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 12:04:46 PM »
This seems like as good a thread as any....

I wish to congrat the Kings on their first round win (I know not official yet but Dallas won't win 2 road games to pull this series out).  I honestly felt that with the way they were stumbling towards the post season that Dallas would win the series.  But the Kings seem to have found that playoff experience and pulled together for some tough wins....especially last night.
Thanks, D....

I am still a bit amazed they did, since they were not exactly exhibiting much competition on the road for going on over a month now. They still have to do it for at least one more game, however, and not forget how much work it takes to defeat an offensive team like Dallas.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kings
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 01:04:40 PM »

Dallas final play  :huh:

Actually, the Mavs got bailed out. The foul stopped play, and Webber was going to the free throw line. That he actually hit one of the freebees was startling, but it was only one point as opposed to potentially two, then the Mavs got the ball back.
Jomal,

??
Ball was clearly going out of bounds off of Webber.  E.N. then dove towards the ball on the sideline while clueless spaced out Webber lunged towards the endline.  It was not EN who undercut Webber but rather Webber who ran into EN who had every right to be diving towards the loose ball.  Should have been Mavs ball, turnover charged to Webber.

Anywho while i prop Stoyo on the final play D do you see what i mean about that window of opportunity for Nash to flip the ball to the rolling Dirk?  Sure Bibs only got "picked" for a split second but Dirk 7'0" vs Bibs 6'0" in high heels, i think a little high toss to Dirk would have worked.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 01:10:39 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Kings
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 01:30:41 PM »

Dallas final play  :huh:

Jomal,

??
Ball was clearly going out of bounds off of Webber.  E.N. then dove towards the ball on the sideline while clueless spaced out Webber lunged towards the endline.  It was not EN who undercut Webber but rather Webber who ran into EN who had every right to be diving towards the loose ball.  Should have been Mavs ball, turnover charged to Webber.

Anywho while i prop Stoyo on the final play D do you see what i mean about that window of opportunity for Nash to flip the ball to the rolling Dirk?  Sure Bibs only got "picked" for a split second but Dirk 7'0" vs Bibs 6'0" in high heels, i think a little high toss to Dirk would have worked.
JoMal, DON'T BITE!

You'll be locked into Reality's 3 brain farts of basketball
1.)The refs handed them the game
2.)The players choked
3.)The coach is clueless

Congrats JoMal, looks like Dallas got the Kings primmed for a legit playoff run.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kings
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 01:48:27 PM »
JoMal, DON'T BITE!

You'll be locked into Reality's 3 brain farts of basketball
1.)The refs handed them the game
2.)The players choked
3.)The coach is clueless

WOW,
don't bite.

posted by msc:

Meanwhile, the "Franchise", who does more to hurt his team than help it even with a triple double, is grandstanding and dancing after he makes a shot while his team is down 12 in the third and about to go down 3-1. Note to Steve Francis: Put up or shut up, your freelancing and turnovers down the stretch have KILLED your team and your team would maybe be up 3-1 if not for your selfish play. The Lakers are sucking big time right now and are not beating you ... you're beating yourself. It's no wonder many Rocket fans were wanting to trade your butt this season.

posted by Laker Krishna Dan (gasp):

Van Gundy is as much to blame as anyone for getting blown out, they were going to lose no matter what, Kobe and Malone were just that determined, but what was he doing not exploiting the paint with Ming with Shaq on the bench? What an idiot! Their other mistake is one you mentioned, leaving Rush alone outside, you're correct, his play is improving and he was big last night, all those regular season games he had to play because of LA's injuries are showing with him and it is good to see.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 01:56:32 PM by Reality »