Author Topic: Wally has broken bones in his back.  (Read 2126 times)

jn

Wally has broken bones in his back.
« on: April 26, 2004, 04:38:29 PM »
He apparently is out at least for the Denver series, maybe more.  He fractured some transvere processes in his lower back.  Those are the small bones that stick out off the spine like wings.  Same injury that hit Daunte Culpepper.

I'm not really a bloodthirsty sort of guy but I think this game calls for an increase in minutes for Gary Trent and Oliver Miller.  The Nuggets not only showed up the Wolves they injured a key player in the process.  Time for some sharp elbows on the drivers and  body slams on Nuggets trying to crash the glass.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 04:50:05 PM »
He apparently is out at least for the Denver series, maybe more.  He fractured some transvere processes in his lower back.  Those are the small bones that stick out off the spine like wings.  Same injury that hit Daunte Culpepper.

I'm not really a bloodthirsty sort of guy but I think this game calls for an increase in minutes for Gary Trent and Oliver Miller.  The Nuggets not only showed up the Wolves they injured a key player in the process.  Time for some sharp elbows on the drivers and  body slams on Nuggets trying to crash the glass.
That's just BS, that was a clean play.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 04:51:07 PM »

better hope wally world can come back ok from this in time jn, he is a BIG reason for you guys being able to finally get out of the first round IMO.  without his energy off the bench, you guys might be in trouble facing a shooting team like sacro or dallas..
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 05:25:52 PM »
Have to agree with WOW on this one. The play in question had little if any body contact and could easily have been called a clean block. But once you go airborne like Wally did it can affect how you land once someone else gets in the flight plan.

Unless you are Stevie Francis trying to redirect Karl Malone, of course. :lol:  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 05:28:48 PM »
msnbc is making it sound like he is done for the rest of the season...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jn

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 06:07:48 PM »
Clarification One:  The Wolves were pushed around all night and the Nuggets let them no about it.  I'm not calling for someone to punch Andersen for that play or injure someone else   I am calling for the Wolves to use their beefcake players to put put some fear into the many Nuggets who waltzed down the lane on drives and shoved the Wolves around going for rebounds.   Just need to knock them out of focus a little.

Clarification Two:  Are you the same WOW who a few weeks back detailed his many hard fouling techniques to avoid being dunked on in meaningless games?  ;)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 06:34:15 PM »
Clarification Two:  Are you the same WOW who a few weeks back detailed his many hard fouling techniques to avoid being dunked on in meaningless games?  ;)
There's a difference between a hard foul and "Time for some sharp elbows on the drivers and body slams on Nuggets trying to crash the glass."

I'll be laughing my arse at U if something like that cost you a KG or Spree, I'd cry a river for KG though.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jn

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2004, 06:39:46 PM »
If you laughed your arse off I think you might cease to exist.   ;)  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2004, 07:39:22 PM »
Hate to see any player get injured but he's such a big non-factor on this team now that it doesn't matter much to the rest of the league.  He fell off like Todd Bridges.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 07:40:02 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2004, 08:47:16 PM »
He apparently is out at least for the Denver series, maybe more.  He fractured some transvere processes in his lower back.  Those are the small bones that stick out off the spine like wings.  Same injury that hit Daunte Culpepper.

I'm not really a bloodthirsty sort of guy but I think this game calls for an increase in minutes for Gary Trent and Oliver Miller.  The Nuggets not only showed up the Wolves they injured a key player in the process.  Time for some sharp elbows on the drivers and  body slams on Nuggets trying to crash the glass.
better hope wally world can come back ok from this in time jn, he is a BIG reason for you guys being able to finally get out of the first round IMO.  without his energy off the bench, you guys might be in trouble facing a shooting team like sacro or dallas..
I SOO disagree -- I think the role players who were filling those spots before Wally came back were doing a better job than Wally did.  He did have one important game in the playoffs but I don't think Wally is necessary to beat the winner of the Kings/Mavs -- and I don't think they can beat the winner of the Lakers/Spurs even with Wally World.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2004, 09:36:21 AM »
My condolences to the ice vendor in Hades....I agree with Randy so hell must have had a recent freeze.

IMO the Wolves were playing better before Wally & Kandi came back.  Although Wally looked more adjusted to his bench role in the final couple games of the regular season.  I also agree with Randy's assessment of the Wolves playoff future this year.

Now excuse me because I need to wash my hands after typing this.

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2004, 10:02:18 AM »
My condolences to the ice vendor in Hades....I agree with Randy so hell must have had a recent freeze.

IMO the Wolves were playing better before Wally & Kandi came back.  Although Wally looked more adjusted to his bench role in the final couple games of the regular season.  I also agree with Randy's assessment of the Wolves playoff future this year.

Now excuse me because I need to wash my hands after typing this.

:ph34r:
In the future, please just restate your point rather than stating that you agreed with me (twice, no less) -- I got sick that many times -- oops, gotta go!   :(  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 10:04:23 AM »
He apparently is out at least for the Denver series, maybe more.  He fractured some transvere processes in his lower back.  Those are the small bones that stick out off the spine like wings.  Same injury that hit Daunte Culpepper.

I'm not really a bloodthirsty sort of guy but I think this game calls for an increase in minutes for Gary Trent and Oliver Miller.  The Nuggets not only showed up the Wolves they injured a key player in the process.  Time for some sharp elbows on the drivers and  body slams on Nuggets trying to crash the glass.
I SOO disagree -- I think the role players who were filling those spots before Wally came back were doing a better job than Wally did.  He did have one important game in the playoffs but I don't think Wally is necessary to beat the winner of the Kings/Mavs -- and I don't think they can beat the winner of the Lakers/Spurs even with Wally World.
i dont know about that i remember some games where minnie was having trouble only to have wally come out in the fourth qaurter and start scoring helping the wolves break away finally.  maybe that was regular season.  in any case brigin in wally was a fresh tough body off the bench ready to give his all, the energy he brought  was MUCH more felt than freakin kandi coming off the bench...they thought he would be better than RASHO???