Author Topic: OT - Where the FRAK are my daggets at!!!  (Read 1750 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT - Where the FRAK are my daggets at!!!
« on: March 03, 2009, 09:59:29 PM »
BSG is bloody amazing if you ask me.  Don't know if you guys are still into it like I am but the last episode was great.  IMO Starbuck is half cylon.  It was mentioned that one of the Cylon "skin jobs" was destroyed out of jealousy by another cylon skin job.  The destroyed cylon was a "creative artist" named Daniel.  IMO Daniel was Starbucks dad and that's part of the reason she is such a great pilot and why she knew the song that the half cylon kid wrote.  LOVE THE ARCS!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT - Where the FRAK are my daggets at!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:02:55 PM »
This must be an awesome show if you got a Mexican guy from South Central LA to talk like a white guy from the UK....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 11:25:29 AM »
What was your take on the series finale?

It DID answer the main questions, thank the Gods, but I am still having a hard time with the "Baltar" angel. Starbuck, not so much. I also do not think they were quite right in placing the survivors so far back in history. I would have put them no more then 60,000 years back. There is no scientific evidence of modern-looking man living even that long ago - more like 40,000 at the most.

This was pretty close to how I pictured the outcome, however.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 06:39:51 PM »
What was your take on the series finale?

It DID answer the main questions, thank the Gods, but I am still having a hard time with the "Baltar" angel. Starbuck, not so much. I also do not think they were quite right in placing the survivors so far back in history. I would have put them no more then 60,000 years back. There is no scientific evidence of modern-looking man living even that long ago - more like 40,000 at the most.

This was pretty close to how I pictured the outcome, however.

I feel the exact opposite.  I thought Baltar and Caprica were wrapped up nicely, it almost implied that Caprica was tormented/helped by her Baltar angel as much as Baltar was by his Caprica angel.  I thought the way Starbuck went out SUCKED BIG TIME.  I thought they would reveal Starbuck as being the original "Hara", half Cylon and half Human, her dad being the "artistic" Daniel Cylon that was mentioned but never seen.  I HATED that she just disappeared, they never explained her true identity and the "harbinger of death" tag she got.  What the heck was she and why was there two of her?  I really felt the writers "cheesed out" on wrapping her up.

I loved the "nuked earth" mid-season cliff hanger and I thought the series was going to end with the "it happened before" twist of the cylons getting the ressurection technology.  I loved the ending with all those robots at the end.  The battle scene was great as usual but I was a little dissapointed in the "broken back" scenes of the Battlestar.  IMO it was the weakest SFX of the entire series.  I was so caught up in it I loved every second, I think I have to watch it a 3rd time to really guage if I liked it or not.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 07:25:45 PM »

I feel the exact opposite.  I thought Baltar and Caprica were wrapped up nicely, it almost implied that Caprica was tormented/helped by her Baltar angel as much as Baltar was by his Caprica angel.  I thought the way Starbuck went out SUCKED BIG TIME.  I thought they would reveal Starbuck as being the original "Hara", half Cylon and half Human, her dad being the "artistic" Daniel Cylon that was mentioned but never seen.  I HATED that she just disappeared, they never explained her true identity and the "harbinger of death" tag she got.  What the heck was she and why was there two of her?  I really felt the writers "cheesed out" on wrapping her up.

I loved the "nuked earth" mid-season cliff hanger and I thought the series was going to end with the "it happened before" twist of the cylons getting the ressurection technology.  I loved the ending with all those robots at the end.  The battle scene was great as usual but I was a little dissapointed in the "broken back" scenes of the Battlestar.  IMO it was the weakest SFX of the entire series.  I was so caught up in it I loved every second, I think I have to watch it a 3rd time to really guage if I liked it or not.

How else would they wrap up the Starbuck character? Her angel duty was done, so .....<phfff>

I got that Baltar was Caprica's "angel" just like Caprica was Baltar's "angel". It is just that neither one is very angelic. So you sell out the human race, leaving just 38,000 souls alive and you are an angel? Okay, this kind of God is very Biblical. The kind that decides to wipe out everyone but a select few and start over. Which was kind of cool, actually.

Also the twelve tribes of Israel, including a "lost" tribe?

Have not watched it a second time yet. Will look at the last three hours again though straight through.   
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 08:21:13 PM »
How else would they wrap up the Starbuck character? Her angel duty was done, so .....<phfff>

That "wrap up" was as gay as Reality's Kobe-man-crush.

I got that Baltar was Caprica's "angel" just like Caprica was Baltar's "angel". It is just that neither one is very angelic. So you sell out the human race, leaving just 38,000 souls alive and you are an angel? Okay, this kind of God is very Biblical. The kind that decides to wipe out everyone but a select few and start over. Which was kind of cool, actually.

Don't forget that God doesn't like it when you call him "God", actually God doesn't like that name.

I really liked how they showed the slight twist of fate that put them in right position to avoid the holocaust.  I also liked how they worked in the original movie score into the final episode.

I though modern humans have been around over 200K years?  That was back in 1997, I've read stuff has changed recently.  I hope "Caprica" is done well, alos that "Cylon Perspective" show might be good.  So according the series "we" are the 4th attempt by God to do something that lasts.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 03:49:30 PM »
The series was a nice twist on the battle with man and machine and suggests a divine intervention to resolve the conflict between man as the master and oppressor and the machine as slave seeking freedom and self identity. It implies that God's creation of man was deemed not satisfactory and that the addition of genetic material from outside of the normal evolutionary process was needed.  God is still the source of everything, and manipulates events in space and time to support the development and evolution of the species.

I did not like the way the series ended. The conflict between man and machine was resolved, so why would you trash all your spaceships and technology?  Further, if they wanted man to develop without dependence on machines, by destroying them all, you create a situation of global ignorance about the advantages and disadvantages of a world with machines, setting the stage for making the "mistakes" all over again.

I'd rather have seen what new civilization would come out of the blending between Cylons and Humans and how they are an improvement. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 07:13:32 PM »
The series was a nice twist on the battle with man and machine and suggests a divine intervention to resolve the conflict between man as the master and oppressor and the machine as slave seeking freedom and self identity. It implies that God's creation of man was deemed not satisfactory and that the addition of genetic material from outside of the normal evolutionary process was needed.  God is still the source of everything, and manipulates events in space and time to support the development and evolution of the species.

I did not like the way the series ended. The conflict between man and machine was resolved, so why would you trash all your spaceships and technology?  Further, if they wanted man to develop without dependence on machines, by destroying them all, you create a situation of global ignorance about the advantages and disadvantages of a world with machines, setting the stage for making the "mistakes" all over again.

I'd rather have seen what new civilization would come out of the blending between Cylons and Humans and how they are an improvement. 

The conflict was not even close to be resolved.  Once the cylons figured out who destroyed their colony they would probably start looking for the humans and cylon rebels who did it.  IMO not only was destroying the ships neccesary for "starting over" but it was probably needed so they would not be "found".  I'm sure they thought of a way to destroy the raptors and vipers as well.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"