Author Topic: OT - "Taken"  (Read 6255 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OT - "Taken"
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 02:00:02 PM »
yes, but xbox makes up for the bad hdd by having better games, halo3, gears of war, mass effect, etc...

:P

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 02:01:13 PM »
Anybody seen Gran Torino?  I thinking about going to the movies even though the guy hanging out in front of the CVS Pharmacy has a bootleg copy for 3 bucks.

Looks good, I think I would watch that at the theatre. 

I think I mentioned this before, but my XBox hard drive is dying. 

You know what would be cool?  Is if they made a system that you could easily replace the hard drive inside of it with ease by just running down to frys and picking one up.

Oh they do, its a Playstation 3 LOL

Actually my 11 year old could, and has in the past, replace the HD for my XBox since it's not inside, it snaps to the side/top of the unit.  That's not my problem, the issue I'm having is probably a little over your "consultant" head.  :P

You cannot walk down to Frys and get a new Xbox HD for cheap WOW.  Dont try to play the consultant card here.

Since you are not being specific...

I can send my 11 year old to Fry's with $45.00 and he will bring me back an XBox HD and he will install the HD himself.  Plus he doesn't charge me a "consultant fee", we just need to stop by In-N-Out on the way home. 

Is the PS3 HD a snap in?  I haven't seen one yet but I'm still considering buying a PS3.

The Xbox HD is proprietery.  The playstation 3 is not.  For the price you pay for a crappy xbox hd I can get a regular 2.5 hd twice as big and twice as fast with less problems.  Last time I was at Frys I saw 0 Xbox hds.  None.  Nada.  Not every place even carries them.  Every computer  place carries 2.5" HDs. 

It takes less than 2 minutes to replace a PS3 hard drive.

yes, but xbox makes up for the bad hdd by having better games, halo3, gears of war, mass effect, etc...

Really?  How fun is it to play games when they don't save?  Besides you named THREE fps.  I mean come on X3 you can do better than that LOL.  How many FPS do you need to play?  Personally Id rather have one FPS (Call Of Duty) and games like LBP and that new Buzz challenge game then buying FPS after FPS.

My playstation 3 makes up for the 2 games Xbox has that anyone cares about by playing hi def movies built in.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 02:02:57 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 02:04:52 PM »
Anybody seen Gran Torino?  I thinking about going to the movies even though the guy hanging out in front of the CVS Pharmacy has a bootleg copy for 3 bucks.

Looks good, I think I would watch that at the theatre. 

I think I mentioned this before, but my XBox hard drive is dying. 

You know what would be cool?  Is if they made a system that you could easily replace the hard drive inside of it with ease by just running down to frys and picking one up.

Oh they do, its a Playstation 3 LOL

Actually my 11 year old could, and has in the past, replace the HD for my XBox since it's not inside, it snaps to the side/top of the unit.  That's not my problem, the issue I'm having is probably a little over your "consultant" head.  :P

You cannot walk down to Frys and get a new Xbox HD for cheap WOW.  Dont try to play the consultant card here.

Since you are not being specific...

I can send my 11 year old to Fry's with $45.00 and he will bring me back an XBox HD and he will install the HD himself.  Plus he doesn't charge me a "consultant fee", we just need to stop by In-N-Out on the way home. 

Is the PS3 HD a snap in?  I haven't seen one yet but I'm still considering buying a PS3.

The Xbox HD is proprietery.  The playstation 3 is not.  For the price you pay for a crappy xbox hd I can get a regular 2.5 hd twice as big and twice as fast with less problems.  Last time I was at Frys I saw 0 Xbox hds.  None.  Nada.  Not every place even carries them.  Every computer  place carries 2.5" HDs. 

Really?  How fun is it to play games when they don't save?  Besides you named THREE fps.  I mean come on X3 you can do better than that LOL.  How many FPS do you need to play?  Personally Id rather have one FPS (Call Of Duty) and games like LBP and that new Buzz challenge game then buying FPS after FPS.

My playstation 3 makes up for the 2 games Xbox has that anyone cares about by playing hi def movies built in.

My 360 saves, WOW is probably paying for buying his 360 from the same guy at CVS that sell bootleg movies... :P
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 02:05:06 PM »

That may be the case for you but I find XBox HD's EVERYWHERE.  Best Buy, Frys, Toys R Us, Game Stop and Circuit City.  I agree they are not cheap, they are proprietary and a pain in the ass but I can understand why, they are trying to protect their content.  Their content/games is what makes XBox BETTER than PS3.

Quit harping on that point since that would make it inferior to the XBox, the XBox HD swap LITTERALY takes less than 10 SECONDS.  No screws or cable swaping, nothing like changing a standard HD on a PC.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 02:11:26 PM »

I could get them to save, it just takes forever until I get my HD SERVICED.  It's a problem with my HD, probably cause by the abuse it went through recently.  It's not like that is a drawback to a typical XBox. You sound like a little bitch right now. 

What if I don't like COD?  I actually don't like it, I'm glad I have the option to play Halo 3, my fav, and Gears of War, my second Fav.

RTS games are really cool, how many RTS games do you have for PS3?  Halo Wars is comming out and that is on badass RTS game that PS3 will not have.  How many TRUE RTS games are there for kids?  My Kids have two but they are probably on both consoles, one of them is Viva Pinata.

I could buy an XBox, those two games, and a kick ass Blu Ray player and still be cheaper than a PS3.   You will NEVER get those 2 games for PS3 while I can very easily get a blue ray player.  Quit this tangent, it's so stupid.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 02:16:11 PM by WayOutWest »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 02:20:04 PM »

That may be the case for you but I find XBox HD's EVERYWHERE.  Best Buy, Frys, Toys R Us, Game Stop and Circuit City.  I agree they are not cheap, they are proprietary and a pain in the ass but I can understand why, they are trying to protect their content.  Their content/games is what makes XBox BETTER than PS3.

Quit harping on that point since that would make it inferior to the XBox, the XBox HD swap LITTERALY takes less than 10 SECONDS.  No screws or cable swaping, nothing like changing a standard HD on a PC.

Now you are just being plain retarded.  They are not 'protecting' their content.  You can still get into the hard drive.  What they are doing is making sure all the money stays in their pocket by forcing you to purchase hardware from them and only from them.  Maybe I am going over your head here.  Go talk to your boy, see if he can explain it.  It might cost you a double double.

You go ahead and pay 50 bucks for a tiny hard drive over and over.  I got a 250 gig drive for 80 bucks at Frys LOL.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 02:22:19 PM by westkoast »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 02:27:40 PM »

I could get them to save, it just takes forever until I get my HD SERVICED.  It's a problem with my HD, probably cause by the abuse it went through recently.  It's not like that is a drawback to a typical XBox. You sound like a little bitch right now.  

Sucks.  Ive got an awesome drive from Western Digital that is fast, is large, and doesn't have problems. 

What if I don't like COD?  I actually don't like it, I'm glad I have the option to play Halo 3, my fav, and Gears of War, my second Fav.

If you don't like COD you have other options.  However naming 3 FPS like you would buy all 3 is lame.  How many FPS does a person need to own?  There is very little difference in all of them.  I'll toss you a bone with Halo but the other two?  Come on.  You are telling me you are going to go buy 3 of the same style game?

Thats great XBOX has a bunch of FPS to choose from.  You however are not going to go out and buy all of them at once.

RTS games are really cool, how many RTS games do you have for PS3?  Halo Wars is comming out and that is on badass RTS game that PS3 will not have.  How many TRUE RTS games are there for kids?  My Kids have two but they are probably on both consoles, one of them is Viva Pinata.

I play RTS games on my computer and have been playing the same ones for years.  Don't really care about them on ANY system to be honest.

I could buy an XBox, those two games, and a kick ass Blu Ray player and still be cheaper than a PS3.   You will NEVER get those 2 games for PS3 while I can very easily get a blue ray player.  Quit this tangent, it's so stupid.

Um..no you cant.  An xbox is 200 bucks and any decent Blu Ray player is in the 150+ range.  Are you doing Reality math now?  That is not even including the games.  I've had my Blu Ray player for years now.  You know when you still were purchasing HD DVDs lol.

Why would I want to keep purchasing the same style game over and over. And just to let you know  I can get those games on my PC if I really wanted them.  You will never be able to get a game like LittleBigPlanet.  Not on a PC.  Not on an Xbox.  No point here at all.

You realize most of the 'exclusives' to Xbox have all been FPS. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 02:29:40 PM by westkoast »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 02:50:51 PM »
The online gameplay is awesome for 360.  It's is not just the game style, it the fact that gamers can have a great time with other gamers online.    Besides, it also has to do with the story that the game follows that makes getting multiple FPS games worth it.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 03:54:51 PM »
Now you are just being plain retarded.  They are not 'protecting' their content.  You can still get into the hard drive.  What they are doing is making sure all the money stays in their pocket by forcing you to purchase hardware from them and only from them.  Maybe I am going over your head here.  Go talk to your boy, see if he can explain it.  It might cost you a double double.

First off you contradict yourself with the 2nd and 3rd sentence, if you don't see it then you shouldn't use big words like "retarded".

Really, please tell me how you can get into their HD?  Everything I've read involves the world "hack" when trying to get into their HD. 

You go ahead and pay 50 bucks for a tiny hard drive over and over.  I got a 250 gig drive for 80 bucks at Frys LOL.

Who is paying 50 bucks for a tiny HD over and over?  Who could that be?  Can you please tell us, I'd like to point and laugh at that person.  Please tell me who's paid 50 bucks for a tiny HD ONCE, I'd like to point an laugh at that person as well.  You suck at this btw...
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 04:21:15 PM »
Sucks.  Ive got an awesome drive from Western Digital that is fast, is large, and doesn't have problems. 

Like I stated before it probably has something to do with my kids messing with the console when I was gone since the other XBox I bought has been running for over 3 years with no problems and with better games than PS3.

If you don't like COD you have other options.  However naming 3 FPS like you would buy all 3 is lame.  How many FPS does a person need to own?  There is very little difference in all of them.  I'll toss you a bone with Halo but the other two?  Come on.  You are telling me you are going to go buy 3 of the same style game?

I actually have more than 3.  Since I don't like all of them I'm glad I'm not LIMITED to one.  If the one was Halo then I could live with it but I prefer to have a choice.  It's very lame of you to say that having a CHOICE is a bad thing.  Knowing what I know now I would not have bought COD, but I would definately buy GOW and HALO, yes wk, some people like choice, even WITHIN a genre.

Thats great XBOX has a bunch of FPS to choose from.  You however are not going to go out and buy all of them at once.

Not at once but I've bought more than the 3 I mentioned.  Like I said, I'm glad I have a choice.

I play RTS games on my computer and have been playing the same ones for years.  Don't really care about them on ANY system to be honest.

I'm glad I have a choice.  Just used the RTS example because you are harping on there only being FPS games on the "exclusive" list for XBox.

Um..no you cant.  An xbox is 200 bucks and any decent Blu Ray player is in the 150+ range.  Are you doing Reality math now?  That is not even including the games.  I've had my Blu Ray player for years now.  You know when you still were purchasing HD DVDs lol.

The big price breaks on PS3's I've seen have them listed at $399.00  $200.00 console + $150 BluRay...errr.....yea that math doesn't add up...  ::)  Well I got my games buy one get one 50% off so I paid about $68 bucks for my games putting me $18 bucks over at a grand total of $418.00 with TWO games and you get a console with no games  ::)  yea, good point wk.  Even now I use a DVD player instead of my Xbox to watch movies because the reason I got my game console was to..err...how do you say....PLAY GAMES!   ::) 

I've yet to buy an HD DVD...good one.....I guess....

Why would I want to keep purchasing the same style game over and over. And just to let you know  I can get those games on my PC if I really wanted them.  You will never be able to get a game like LittleBigPlanet.  Not on a PC.  Not on an Xbox.  No point here at all.

Just because a game is in the same genre doesn't mean the same game experience.  Can't believe you're being this stupid, how many copies of the SAME game but a newer version have been sold LET ALONE sales of new games in the same genre.  STUPID!

You realize most of the 'exclusives' to Xbox have all been FPS. 

Wrong!  Just the best sellers.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 04:14:18 PM »
http://www.slickdeals.net/permadeal/17383/Playstation-3-Console-w-80GB-Hardrive-316-304-w-DPA--Xbox-360-Arcade-158-or-152--W-Rockband-2-Software-185-or-178--Xbox-360-Pro-60GB-Holiday-Bundle-w-Tom-Clancys-EndWar-or-NFL-09-278-or-270

Dell EPP has Playstation 3 Console w/ 80GB Hardrive for $316 (see lower price when you add to cart) or $304 with DPA with free 3-5 day shipping. Thanks coast1ja.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Games/productdetail.aspx?cjsku=A1985585&c=us&l=en&s=eep&cs=6099&sku=A1985585

Other good console deals to consider

Xbox 360 Arcade Console $158 ($152 with DPA)
+ Rockband 2 Software $185 ($178 with DPA)

Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro 60GB Console Holiday Bundle w/ Indiana Jones & Kung Fu Panda games
+ Tom Clancy's End War Game $278 ($270 with DPA)
+ Madden NFL 09 Game $278 ($270 with DPA)

If paying with Dell Preferred Account (DPA) you may save an extra 3% (4% at Dell EPP), here is how:

During checkout, select Credit Card as method of payment
Click "Change Payment Type"
Click "Choose" link under Credit/Debit Card (again)
Under "Save 3% (4% at EPP) with Dell Preferred Account! (Discount applied at Final Checkout)" click "Click Here to Take Advantage of this Offer" link
Click "Choose" under "I already have a Dell Preferred Account" if you have one, or sign up for a new one if you don't
Checkout, enjoy your 3% (4% at EPP) savings
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"