Author Topic: Ugly but I'll take it  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Ugly but I'll take it
« on: April 18, 2004, 12:01:57 PM »
The Lakers play like that in the second round we will get swept, Cograts to all the winners last night, it was as expected.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Ugly but I'll take it
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 12:42:17 PM »
Agreed!

Looks like Karl and Francis are really hurting out there.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Ugly but I'll take it
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 01:55:36 PM »
Very ugly......if the Lakers think they can coast when they play the Spurs we are going to have a repeat of last year.  However they do look like they are all hurting.  From 1 to 5.

sf101

Ugly but I'll take it
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 08:20:42 AM »
Ugly win, I don't think LA has hit thier championship form just yet. Guess they will pull the switch when they face LA though. No need to wear themselves out first round now, is there.  :blink:  

sf101`

Ugly but I'll take it
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 08:21:36 AM »
Opps. Mean't when they face the Spurs in the second round. If they can get through the Griz. I see SA going 5. I see LA going 7.  AND LA BETTER WIN OR I"LL BE VERY UPSET.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Ugly but I'll take it
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 11:19:15 AM »
The Lakers are becoming very adept at pulling out wins late. How many times have they prevailed this year by either making big fourth quarter comebacks or winning one or two points games? It is easier to tally up the number that they LOST in those situations.

While clearly not the ideal way to win any game, especially for the stress level of fans, it also makes the Lakers very formitable, because close games in the playoffs are the norm.

Not as inspiring as the Spurs blowout of the Grizzlies, but we all have seen how much trouble the Rockets have given the Lakers this year, especially Yao on Shaq. The series may be a four game sweep, but more likely will take six games, but the Lakers will prevail because they have more experienced playoff calibur players to throw out there.

BTW, while it looks like several key Laker players are ailing, the one who would concern me the most would be Malone. He holds that team together better then anybody else, but if he has to sit more often because he is hurting, the Lakers suddenly are lacking their kickbutt starter. He is a proven playoff motivator who demands attention on the court. That scenario bears watching regarding how the Lakers do this post season.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 11:19:37 AM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Ugly but I'll take it
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 12:46:48 PM »
The Lakers are becoming very adept at pulling out wins late. How many times have they prevailed this year by either making big fourth quarter comebacks or winning one or two points games? It is easier to tally up the number that they LOST in those situations.

While clearly not the ideal way to win any game, especially for the stress level of fans, it also makes the Lakers very formitable, because close games in the playoffs are the norm.

Not as inspiring as the Spurs blowout of the Grizzlies, but we all have seen how much trouble the Rockets have given the Lakers this year, especially Yao on Shaq. The series may be a four game sweep, but more likely will take six games, but the Lakers will prevail because they have more experienced playoff calibur players to throw out there.

BTW, while it looks like several key Laker players are ailing, the one who would concern me the most would be Malone. He holds that team together better then anybody else, but if he has to sit more often because he is hurting, the Lakers suddenly are lacking their kickbutt starter. He is a proven playoff motivator who demands attention on the court. That scenario bears watching regarding how the Lakers do this post season.
I agree JoMaL.....This team NEEDS Karl.  The only problem is he can't even get off the ground.  Kinda reminds me of those old attempts at making a hover craft by the US Army....it gets off the ground but only for a split second and is lucky to get 3 inches up.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Ugly but I'll take it
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 12:59:52 PM »
I agree JoMaL.....This team NEEDS Karl.  The only problem is he can't even get off the ground.  Kinda reminds me of those old attempts at making a hover craft by the US Army....it gets off the ground but only for a split second and is lucky to get 3 inches up.
He doesn't so much have to jump as to just lead. Shaq in particular could benefit from Malone out on the court - in fact that is where Malone is most needed. His mere presence alone makes life easier for O'Neal. And Shaq, for one, really likes it when his life is made easier.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."