Author Topic: The ongoing horror of being a Wolves fan.  (Read 2074 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
The ongoing horror of being a Wolves fan.
« on: November 18, 2008, 04:31:40 PM »
We are barely into the season and I am already disgusted.   This is one of the worst fourth quarter teams imaginable.  There have been several games where the Wolves have taken solid leads in the 2nd half and choked it away.

Worst of all, in two of those games the decisive play has been Brandon Roye beating Randy Foye.  That's right, just for good measure Wolves fans have had to watch the All Star they could've had beat mediocre bench player they are stuck with.  It's the latter McHale/Taylor era in a nutshell.   

As to invividual players, well, Love is still finding his way,  Jefferson is solid but not good enough to carry the team, Mike Miller hasn't heated up from outside yet, the point guard situation is a fiasco, Rashard McCants continues to waste his considerable talents, and Ryan Gomes inconsistency is absolutely astounding. 

Oh and Brewer, almost forgot Brewer.  Plays hard and does some nice things on D but still needs another 15 pound (at least) and a consistent jumper.   

Wittman does nothing for me.   He may not be the worst coach ever to grace an NBA arena but he certainly isn't good enough to get a poor team to overachieve.

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The ongoing horror of being a Wolves fan.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 04:41:23 PM »
Is Love coming along slow?  The first week or two of the season he was ranked high in the rookie ranking system.  Lately when I get a chance to peak at how he's doing they make it sound like he has slipped.  I know it is sort of expected for rookies to do that but I honestly thought with all his exp at UCLA he would be less prone to it then others.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 05:46:21 PM »
So is telfair playing well and getting the shaft or did he only have some blips?

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 05:58:15 PM »
Telfair was suspended for a few games, stemming from a weapons charge prior to his joining the Wolves.  That hasn't helped matters.  I'll have to say Telfair was an interesting case last year.  Clearly he had realized that he was on the brink of being out of the league and really tried to pull his game together.   The problem is that because he had so many flaws that for all practical purposes he was a rookie last year.  I think that process will continue this year and we'll have to wait and see if he can correct all the bad habits he picked up during his years of being overhyped and immature. 

Love has had his ups and downs.  He put up 20 in his first start and followed it up with and 0 for 8.  Typical rookie stuff.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 06:39:09 PM »
At least you guys can take the Spurs to double OT!

Mike Miller will heat up eventually.  Last year when I had him on my fantasy team he started out slow by come December he was solid with a number of 20 point 10 rebound games.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 07:02:40 PM »
Won't Mike Miller also eventually be traded?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 10:55:18 AM »
At least you guys can take the Spurs to double OT!

Mike Miller will heat up eventually.  Last year when I had him on my fantasy team he started out slow by come December he was solid with a number of 20 point 10 rebound games.

Partially because it was one game where Miller did heat up.  He was something like 6 for 7 from downtown.  Throwing in crap from everywhere with hands in the face and wide open looks.  Miller use to do the same thing vs the Spurs when he was in Memphis...the guy just loves to play the Spurs.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 12:44:38 PM »
Seems like the Wolves always give the Kings a hard game. Jefferson and Love in the season opener were the factors in them winning. We do not miss Garnett, but when Webber was a King, those two just loved to play against each other.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 09:34:11 PM »
Lucky for the wolves the sixers seem to have come to town, after a long rest and have looked like crap to start the second half (I missed the first half working on this site - really should have taken on an easier learning project)

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 10:08:48 PM »
I think this is one of those games were wittman is not the worst current NBA head coach involved in the game

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 07:58:11 PM »
Imagine the lugubrious despair of being a Sixers fan!  No one really has any expectations for the T-Wolves this year.  It's just another rebuilding year for a franchise that never really got anywhere to begin with.

But the Sixers were supposed to be a good team, adding Elton Brand to a .500 ball club.  Instead, they continue to allow inferior teams to beat them, by failing to put forth the necessary effort.  Having a bozo for a coach doesn't help either!

There are all sorts of reasons to think that the Sixers will work their way out of this funk and learn how to play winning basketball. But loosing to a team that had up to this point only won one game....sort of makes rooting for the Sixers an exercise in frustration.

jemagee

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 09:42:30 PM »
Adding brand to a sub 500 club and an aging andre miller who was extremely unlikely to repeat his almost career best performance of the previous seasons.

The sixers were not loose last night, they were tight, and awful.

But that's neither here nor there - 3rd place in the atlantic wasn't just me being negative, I truly thought people were being grossly optimistic on a team with too many questions and a sub par NBA coach