Author Topic: The polls are starting to close in some areas and results starting to come in...  (Read 3755 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone notice Al Franken may become a US senator??  He is doing well in his race so far with 56 percent reporting....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
oops looks like he is starting to lose too much ground...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
I definitely noticed Al Franken.  In fact I biked past him this morning as he was shaking hands outside a church.   Meanwhile, a half block away a scruffy looking guy rolled an empty beer keg along the sidewalk while a policeman looked on trying to decide if it was worth it to arrest him.  :-\

I voted Independence party in that election.  I think Franken is a bright guy but I'm not sold on his ability to function in government.  His opponent, Norm Coleman, is a rank opportunist.

I'm up ridiculously late trying to figure out if my uncle has won his race for the MN House of Reps.  Almost all other districts are finished and only 6% of the votes are counted in his.  What the????

Fine speech by McCain.  I like to think that is the true McCain, not the desperate candidate who hire the very same Roveites who smeared him in 2000.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
I heard this morning that only 723 votes separate Franken and Coleman, with Coleman leading. But apparently any senatorial race that is separated by 0.5 percentage points requires an audit and recount. In that race, it would mean a difference of 15,000, so this one is way too close to call yet. It may not be actually finalized until December.

My wife and I received solicitations for support from Al Franken here in California, and read about his positions on several issues. Experienced or not, I would have voted for him.     
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
WOW!! 

Coleman 1,211,632

Franken 1,211,167

100 percent reporting...

Barkley had 437,377...

jemagee

Is the 'if you don't get 50% of the vote' it forces a run off thing a minnesota rule or is that state by state?

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
We don't have that system.  What's it called, Instant Runoff voting?  That's just barely on the radar here. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

jemagee

They mentioned it last night while i was channel surfing trying to avoid the political stuff - i think it was in georgia - neither of the major candidate was getting 50% and they said it would force a run off

Did liddy dole end up finally losing last night?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
They mentioned it last night while i was channel surfing trying to avoid the political stuff - i think it was in georgia - neither of the major candidate was getting 50% and they said it would force a run off

Did liddy dole end up finally losing last night?

Yea she lost.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com