Author Topic: The one thing the NBA wishes would go away...  (Read 5011 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The one thing the NBA wishes would go away...
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 09:53:23 AM »
Well, there's this thing about Jazz fans, Utah media and Dick Bavetta . . . we hate him and he hates us.

The report says nothing about Sac/LA Game 6 right? Just the gambling stuff?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 10:03:15 AM »
No...the report talks about game six.

hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

As for Bavetta, the Jazz fans are not unique in the thinking of his hatred, maybe they're just more paranoid?

He's not a big sixers fan.

Oh yeah, Steve Javie hates Allen Iverson

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 10:37:44 AM »
Well, there's this thing about Jazz fans, Utah media and Dick Bavetta . . . we hate him and he hates us.

The report says nothing about Sac/LA Game 6 right? Just the gambling stuff?

Actually the report devotes eight pages to game six. It states they found 15 incorrect calls or non-calls in that game, but... ummm... only three of those calls came in the fateful fourth quarter, and one of those supposedly favored the Kings.

The fifteen bad calls were almost evenly split between favoring the Lakers (8) and the Kings (7). They cited some of the calls, but the ones favoring the Kings amounted to missing a foot shuffle prior to going to dribble compared to Kobe knifing Bibby and kicking his corpse out of the lane prior to taking a layup, but you just have to read between the lines, I guess, to get that clarity. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 10:44:22 AM »
I wonder what the 'acceptable' amount of missed calls per game (and per ref per game) is...I wonder if it's tracked...it should be

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 07:51:14 PM »
Golden earings designate Sterns marking as Laker Sheep

Why can't you figure out how to use the "Quote" feature you moron?  I guess the voices in your head are all the proof you need.  Do you have any more pics of Kobe's huevos en tu boca?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"