Poll

Which player was the leagues most improved?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: NBA's Most improved Player  (Read 2045 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
NBA's Most improved Player
« on: April 12, 2004, 11:33:21 AM »
CAst your vote and offer your opinion?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 12:41:57 PM »
the most likely player i would say is most improved is not even being considered.....stephen jackson.  brotha man is scoring like a star since rahim left, Jax is tha man in the big ATL right now...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 01:03:37 PM »
I'm going with Big Los (pronounced "low-ze").

Boozer has been a steady and solid contributor all year.  AK-47 hasn't IMPROVED much since he was already a very good player.

I'd throw Brad Millers name in the mix as well.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 01:45:44 PM »
I'm going with Big Los (pronounced "low-ze").

Boozer has been a steady and solid contributor all year.  AK-47 hasn't IMPROVED much since he was already a very good player.

I'd throw Brad Millers name in the mix as well.
Ya where is the option to vote for B-Miller?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 01:59:32 PM »
You know, sometimes signing a big contract with a new team doesn't show immediate benefits, and his bouncing from three other teams never bodes well, but I have to agree that the season Brad put together up to the All Star game is worthy of consideration, at least.

From your list, I would vote for Randolph, and then Boozer.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 02:16:23 PM »
You know, sometimes signing a big contract with a new team doesn't show immediate benefits, and his bouncing from three other teams never bodes well, but I have to agree that the season Brad put together up to the All Star game is worthy of consideration, at least.

From your list, I would vote for Randolph, and then Boozer.
I'd vote B-Rad if he was on the list.

Who the frog appointed ziggy "list master"?  ;)  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 03:55:43 PM »
With regards to Brad Miller, look at his numbers last 3 years

2001-02  56% FG, 82% FT, 15.1 PPG, 7.9 PPG, 1.8 APG

2002-03  49.3% FG, 82% FT, 13.1 PPG, 8.3 RPG, 2.8 APG

2003-04  51.3% FG, 77.5% FT, 14.3 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 4.3 APG

In other words Miller has been a good to very good player for 3 years.  He raised his game some this year, yes, but he was a very good player during his time in Indiana.  He also just signed a big money FA contract, so obviously he was already considered a good quality NBA player.  He imporved some on his career numbers, but not as much as the other players.

Compare his improvement to that of Zach Randolph who went from 8.4 and 4.5 to 20.1 and 10.4.

Compare his improvement to Carlos Boozer who was a second round pick 2 years ago, and was 10.0 and 7.5 last year and 15.5, and 11.5 this year.

Compare his improvement to Andre Kirilenko who went from
12.0 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.7 ast, 1.5 stl, and 2.2 bpg last year to
16.5 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 3.1 ast, 2.0 stl, and 2.8 bpg this year, icluding 2 5 x 5 games.

This is about MOST IMPROVED and all 3 of these guys improved more than Miller.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 04:38:08 PM »
But how much of that improvement in those 3 players is just extended minutes compared to the previous year?

Randolph & AK47 definately fall into this category.  It isn't that their games improved as much as they got more playing time.  To a certain extent that is true with Boozer also.

Miller doesn't really deserve mention in this discussion.  His game (except possibly passing) hasn't improved.  He is just on a team that generates more shot attempts and more rebounds than almost any other team.  

Hell, if Miller deserves consideration then Rasho deserves it also.   Rasho's numbers for rebounds, blocks, assists, and steals are all significantly higher than his career averages.  And except for assists are all higher than any numbers he posted in Minnesota.

BTW my vote goes to LeBron James....his game this year is vastly improved over his game last year.  But since he wasn't on the list I voted for Boozer.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 10:19:22 PM »
With regards to Brad Miller, look at his numbers last 3 years

2001-02  56% FG, 82% FT, 15.1 PPG, 7.9 PPG, 1.8 APG

2002-03  49.3% FG, 82% FT, 13.1 PPG, 8.3 RPG, 2.8 APG

2003-04  51.3% FG, 77.5% FT, 14.3 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 4.3 APG

In other words Miller has been a good to very good player for 3 years.  He raised his game some this year, yes, but he was a very good player during his time in Indiana.  He also just signed a big money FA contract, so obviously he was already considered a good quality NBA player.  He imporved some on his career numbers, but not as much as the other players.

Compare his improvement to that of Zach Randolph who went from 8.4 and 4.5 to 20.1 and 10.4.

Compare his improvement to Carlos Boozer who was a second round pick 2 years ago, and was 10.0 and 7.5 last year and 15.5, and 11.5 this year.

Compare his improvement to Andre Kirilenko who went from
12.0 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.7 ast, 1.5 stl, and 2.2 bpg last year to
16.5 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 3.1 ast, 2.0 stl, and 2.8 bpg this year, icluding 2 5 x 5 games.

This is about MOST IMPROVED and all 3 of these guys improved more than Miller.
The stats do say that he has been a quality player over the past few years.  However he has brought his game to a different level with this Kings team IMO.  He's playing in a harder confrence seeing harder PFs more times a year and he seems much more comfortable on the offensive end.   If he produces in the playoffs with the added pressure and the tougher teams he should be a shoe in.  

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com