Author Topic: Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? Or not.  (Read 4457 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? Or not.
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 02:22:43 PM »
I hope so.  Brand did show so promising signs with blocks and dunks before he got hurt again. 

As I said before, I think Speights will really help Brand.  No way you can ignore Speights to cheat on Brand or he will dunk on your team and talk smack (this team needed an attitude other than the Iguodala whine.)  Also, Speights has a good feel around the basket and finishes well.  he also can cover quicker PF's that might cause Brand problems.  Should be a great tandem- esp once Speights gets better on the boards.

How long until Thad, Speights and Lou are the primary scorers on this team?  Not by accident, but by design? 

I'm guessing by next year if the coaches let them.  There will be mistakes and some inconsistency relying on such young guys, but Iguodala and Brand being great glue guys should only help.

that is the thing that I have noticed about Brand, on defense where he is basically reacting to the actions of others he has looked quick and sometimes explosive in making blocks and grabbing rebounds.  It is more commonly on offense, and specifically in half-court sets, where he appears to slow things down.  That may indicate that he can move quickly when he is reacting and not thinking, but is being more careful when he makes a "planned" or premeditated move.  That would indicate to some extent a bit of a mental block he must overcome.

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 03:07:12 PM »
Is he?  Or is he possibly not fully recovered from last year's injury.  I think you can build a winner around a 20/10 PF.  Imagine how much better he'd be with a legitimate threat at the 5, and a couple outside threats on the court.

Even if he seems afraid of the low post?  I just hope brand isn't 'chris webber' in that he's name but not the guy he used to be.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 03:20:29 PM »
I think Webber was far more damaged than Brand.  Webber's game was more explosive and physical, he was a truly awesome athlete in his younger days.  He was also far more deteriorated than Brand is.  Webber never looked good on offense, defense or running the floor.  Brand may not be what he once was, but I think he will get a lot closer to his old self than Webber ever did.  If Brand could not jump at all he would not likely have taken the spill he did when he hurt his shoulder.  How is that for looking for the silver lining in a gray cloud?