Author Topic: Lakers 10 game winning streak . . .  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Lakers 10 game winning streak . . .
« on: April 02, 2004, 01:24:50 PM »
I like what I have seen in some of the games (mainly against the Kings and TWolves) however, I wouldn't be bragging about this 10 game winning streak.  While it is good to see the starting line-up healthy again, the Lakers really NEED to prove themselves with a solid win against the Spurs.  In addition to beating the struggling Kings and TWolves, the Lakers have beaten Houston, NO, Utah, Milwaukee (OT), the Clips 2x, Chicago and Orlando (OT).  While the Lakers looked VERY good against the "better" teams of the Kings and TWolves, they haven't looked as crisp and solid against the other teams they have played.

Sunday is big -- for the Lakers and the Spurs -- IMO, this is a playoff game -- it just is happening a week or two before the playoffs start!  Forget about the fact that the Lakers won the first three (okay, I'll still use it to browbeat those Spur fans) but THIS is the game that counts!!!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 01:27:21 PM »
cant argue with that randy.  Sunday is going to be big........hopefully both teams will go in guns blazing...and hopefully nothing happens to our boys tonight against utah......
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 01:29:42 PM »
Hate to use the cliche, but Sunday IS a statement game for BOTH TEAMS.
Paul

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 01:32:47 PM »
Couldn't agree more -- will this put the Spurs in another funk?  I'd really hate to see that!  Oh, sorry, no I wouldn't!   :lol:  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 01:56:10 PM »
Couldn't agree more -- will this put the Spurs in another funk?  I'd really hate to see that!  Oh, sorry, no I wouldn't!   :lol:
Or maybe it will be the straw that sends the Lakers into a disorganized downward spiral ala the Kings.   :D

Either way the Clash of the Titans on Sunday will be tv worth watching.  A preview of the NBA championship series.

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 04:10:15 PM »
Or maybe it will be the straw that sends the Lakers into a disorganized downward spiral ala the Kings.   :D

Either way the Clash of the Titans on Sunday will be tv worth watching.  A preview of the NBA championship series.

:ph34r:
Or maybe even the 2nd round.  If they meet in the 2nd round I wonder if the victor will have enough gas to finish the last 2 rounds of the playoffs.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com