Author Topic: A little love for the Hawks . . .  (Read 4550 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: A little love for the Hawks . . .
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 10:08:03 AM »
Yep. Amazing what these young upstart teams are doing to Detroit and Boston.  Who would have thought that the winners of those series would find the lower seed waiting for them well-rested.  Cleveland and Orlando are already done and both series still need at least 2 games to be decided.

Also LA deserves some props for exposing Denver as a collection of great players and not a team.  Iverson and Mello came up short compared with the Kobester.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 10:32:19 AM »
I didn't mean to add finals in there...I just meant the EC playoffs in general.

I'm not talking about the finals either.  All the series in the WC are about to be wrapped up (knockout punch) or have been wrapped up.  The EC has two series going where nobody expected.  It seems the conferences have flipped as far as expectations.  Obviously the 2nd round should be much better BUT I expect the Spurs to handle NO quite easily.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 10:43:31 AM »
I certainly thought that the Suns would make this into a dogfight and with the exception of the last game, they have basically rolled over.  

As for LA/Denver, why was ANYONE thinking this was going to be a good series?  LA took all three games against the Nuggets and they have Gasol now (they didn't for the first two wins).  There was only one game out of the three that was even close.  I don't understand ANYONE who thought this was going to be a good match-up.  I would have preferred the Lakers play someone tougher in the first round -- I think they have looked complacent through this whole series.  

We have seen two good young teams in the East push the top teams in the East in their series.  It has been refreshing.  I think that the Sixers/Detroit series has shown me that the Pistons are overrated this season -- they are missing Wallace in the paint like never before and their bench isn't nearly as good as it has been in the past.  I'm not sure that I see the next series being as good as what we are seeing now.

I think anyone who has been disappointed in the Hornets/Mavs series must not like basketball.  It's fun to watch the Hornets play -- they are playing with a ton of confidence and Paul has been amazing.  I think that is going to be a good series.  I think the Lakers/Jazz will be a good series.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 11:01:26 AM »
AM 570 KLAC and also mscs favorite radio station had the PMS show commenting on this.
Their conclusion is they cannot believe how much Denver laid down and died.  A few specifics were how did Denver make good role player but beyond that nothing special Luke Walton look like a world beater.  Again last night, altho Denver played better, how with the game on the line and after fianally taking the lead, does Denver let Walton get a three point attempt off with no Nugget within 15 feet of him.

That the Lakers swept or would have gone 4-1 is no suprise.  That Denver had grown to be so soft and selfish is testiment to Anthony, A.I. and KMarts utter lack of leadership.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 11:03:15 AM »
With the Wests top 4 seeds all rolling and the East at 2-2, so much for hoping seeding by overall record will take place.  Sternfish and the owners will adress it this offseason.  Seeding after each round is also being looked at, but Sterny flat stated it's the t.v. stations that do not want to have to shuffle around on short notice being the real reason for keeping status quo.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 11:05:37 AM »

As for LA/Denver, why was ANYONE thinking this was going to be a good series?.....I don't understand ANYONE who thought this was going to be a good match-up.  

Please, Randy. It wasn't so much that some people thought it would be a good series, or a good match-up. It was mainly because no one outside of LA cared all that much.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 11:32:27 AM »
Props to the Hawks indeed! I expected a sweep in this series.  Obviously you still have to pick Boston but there's no denying that Atlanta really showed a lot of heart the last two games. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 12:10:44 PM »

As for LA/Denver, why was ANYONE thinking this was going to be a good series?.....I don't understand ANYONE who thought this was going to be a good match-up.  

Please, Randy. It wasn't so much that some people thought it would be a good series, or a good match-up. It was mainly because no one outside of LA cared all that much.

With the exception of all those former Kings fans who scream out "Kobe for MVP" -- seems like they are in every city (unless of course, there's a huge immigration of LA cities to every basketball city in the nation).

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 12:31:57 PM »

With the exception of all those former Kings fans who scream out "Kobe for MVP" -- seems like they are in every city (unless of course, there's a huge immigration of LA cities to every basketball city in the nation).

I think it was Reggie Miller who said that the "MVP" chanters seem to follow the Lakers everywhere.  Maybe they are burnt out Greatful Dead fans that have found a new mesiah.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 12:37:05 PM »

<YAWN>
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 09:22:24 AM »
Does anyone else find it a joke that the league did not suspend Kevin Garnett?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 09:45:32 AM »

Collusion 2008 wears Celtic green with purple/gold accessories.

Seriously, I don't see how the league can justify NOT suspending him.  He didn't just step on to the floor, he tried to escalate the situation.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 09:55:44 AM »

Collusion 2008 wears Celtic green with purple/gold accessories.

Seriously, I don't see how the league can justify NOT suspending him.  He didn't just step on to the floor, he tried to escalate the situation.

He also pushed a ref....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com