Author Topic: Laker bandwagon makes a stop in Utah.  (Read 9975 times)

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Laker bandwagon makes a stop in Utah.
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2008, 11:03:51 PM »
Why must every single one of these fans chanting "MVP" in other arenas all must be bandwagon fans? A few, undoubtedly, but you and Randy are insisting the ALL are.

Hmm, I must have missed where anyone said that all those chanting "MVP" were bandwagon former Kings fans.

And we all know it's not only improbable but almost impossible to think that fans would never consider cheering for another team because:  1) the owners, who are already filthy rich, want the city to build a better stadium so they can get richer and charge the fans more money to attend; 2) the team isn't playing well (not nearly as good as they look on paper which makes fans think they aren't playing hard night in and night out); 3) the fans don't want to pay a lot of money to see overpaid players who can't get along on or off the court and one who can't seem to keep out of trouble. 

Based on all of that -- you are right, it's highly improbable that fans who have rooted for the Kings in the past to choose another team to root for -- it sounds like "reality" to me.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2008, 10:10:09 AM »
So you guys requested some evidence to back up any claims I made?

Well I claimed that maybe since there is not much to do up in Sacramento that casual NBA fans flocked to the arena and got into the Kings while they were hot.  Once they cooled down those people still continued to show up but when a Kobe Bryant or Lebron James comes to town they are excited since well there is not much to do.   I stand by that. 

http://www.nokilli.com/food/peep.html

This is an event in Sacramento that they do for fun.  They have a contest to see who can eat the most of those crappy Easter bunny sugar puffs.

So if you were from Sacramento what would you rather do (assuming your name is not Ray "JoMaL" Finkle with the laces out Kobe attic)

A) Go see one of the hottest teams in the league and give props to a guy who went nuts in the 4th

B) Train some more for your Peep eating contest

C) Continue to cook meth in your trailer

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2008, 12:40:03 PM »
So you guys requested some evidence to back up any claims I made?

Well I claimed that maybe since there is not much to do up in Sacramento that casual NBA fans flocked to the arena and got into the Kings while they were hot.  Once they cooled down those people still continued to show up but when a Kobe Bryant or Lebron James comes to town they are excited since well there is not much to do.   I stand by that. 

http://www.nokilli.com/food/peep.html

This is an event in Sacramento that they do for fun.  They have a contest to see who can eat the most of those crappy Easter bunny sugar puffs.

So if you were from Sacramento what would you rather do (assuming your name is not Ray "JoMaL" Finkle with the laces out Kobe attic)

A) Go see one of the hottest teams in the league and give props to a guy who went nuts in the 4th

B) Train some more for your Peep eating contest

C) Continue to cook meth in your trailer

Just another LA transplant, moving up to SacTown and bringing his warped notions with him.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."