Author Topic: Poll on NBA.com: Who is the best PF of all time?  (Read 2737 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Poll on NBA.com: Who is the best PF of all time?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 01:46:01 PM »
Hey, I will give Barclay credit -- I think Barclay was the biggest 6'6" PF to ever play the game.  Barclay was a great scorer, and a tremendous rebounder (not a great defender but definately crafty in the area).  However, he wasn't the greatest PF to ever play the game.  I am going with the assumption that TD is out of the PF running here -- which I would agree that he should be in the center comparisons -- with TD out of the running, Karl Malone is the best PF to ever play the game.  In fact, he revolutionized the PF position -- that alone deserves props.  He was a tremendous scorer, rebounder, passer and a good defender.  He was a dirty player (along the makings of McHale, Rodman, Bowen, etc.) but it doesn't take away from his accomplishments. 

Of course, this argument is going to receive a great deal of complaints from SA fans -- if you put TD in at PF, then he is the best the league has ever seen -- if you put him in at center, where does he rank?  Not in the top 3.  In fact, one could argue that he doesn't belong in the top 5.

Who the hell is "Barclay"?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Poll on NBA.com: Who is the best PF of all time?
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 02:03:07 PM »
You wouldn't know him -- he is a friend of mine -- sorry for the typo.  Funny, you never seem bothered by your own typos, hmm?