Author Topic: OT: I'm not feeling well . . .  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
OT: I'm not feeling well . . .
« on: December 13, 2007, 11:57:23 AM »
I think I "actually" agree with TO about something.  <gulp>  Excuse me . . .

==============================================================================
T.O. irritated by Keyshawn's assertions about current team
ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 12, 2007, 9:43 PM ET

Terrell Owens, unusually quiet this season, but never at a loss for words when the occasion required it, responded forcefully Wednesday to comments made last weekend by former Dallas Cowboys receiver Keyshawn Johnson, now an analyst on ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown."

On the show, Johnson said he believed former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells -- now also an analyst with ESPN -- deserves credit for what the Dallas team looks like now, with a 12-1 record.

In Dallas, Owens sharply criticized Johnson for defending Parcells, saying, "I challenge him to come down here and take my job. ESPN producers, let him go."

Asked in the locker room why Johnson would take the position he did Sunday, Owens said: "I'm probably the reason he's in the booth now. He's going to be a hater and throw me under the bus because he has to defend Bill. He won a Super Bowl and all, but you'd have to check the roster to know he was even on the team.

"We came out in the same year. He was a first-rounder and I was a third. Go compare our stats. He couldn't come down here now and be a third or fourth receiver on this team. Just compare our stats."

Owens swung between addressing the Cowboys-as-built-by-Parcells theory and responding to Johnson's comments.

Owens:

"It's not a matter of me giving or not giving Bill credit," Owens said, according to The Dallas Morning News. "Everybody wants to make a big deal, that this is the team he built. It doesn't matter. ... My thing is give credit to Wade [Phillips]. The difference between Wade and Parcells is this: Parcells, he didn't use me as a playmaker; Wade, he got the staff, and that's what I'm being used as.

"Plain and simple, without trying to be negative or anything. I'm being used as a playmaker, and as I said, the proof is in the pudding."

And then back to delivering a verbal barrage at Johnson:

"Those guys are probably talking about me, chopping it up, drinking coffee," Owens said. "They can have their little pity party and talk about me all day long. It doesn't bother me. There's a lot of people on the ESPN panel and across the country that has observed what has happened this year versus last year. And there's a lot of people that just don't want to give credit for what Wade has done and what wasn't done last year. That's it. I'm not trying to be negative."
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT: I'm not feeling well . . .
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 12:11:41 PM »
I feel the same way, and I have to agree with TO.

Parcels may have built the team, but he didn't use it the right way.  Wade is getting a lot more production out of Owens and the Cowboys look very good.  They can outscore a lot of teams in the NFL.

Too bad the Eagles probably aren't capable of giving them a good game this weekend. I'd love to see McNabb have a good game and beat the Cowboys to shut up all the naysayers in the Media.  Philly sports writers are trying to get rid of McNabb, for reasons that elude me.

The Eagles have gotten worse and worse over the past few seasons as Andy Reid has allowed talented players to leave and failed to replace them with anyone adequate.  The Eagles just aren't as talented as they were, and can no longer dominate teams as they did a few seasons ago on either side of the ball.

McNabb is still a good QB, but suffers from a lack of wide receivers with speed and the ability to get open, like TO.  Westbrook should be a pro-bowler and is a top flight running back.  The team is only a few players from being a good team now, but I doubt they'll be able to pick up those pieces and retain the ones they have. 

It would be better for the NFL if there was a rivalry between the Eagles and the Boys, but they rarely seem to be good teams at the same time.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 12:19:24 PM »
Lead league in dropped passes along with "thrown at" more then any other reciever last season.

Owens was thrown to one of the highest if not the highest percentage of offensive plays of any other teams reciever.  (2nd, 3rd?).  MeOwens also lead the league in dropped passes last year.  (or was very near the top.)

That Wade is using him "better" is debateable.  Maybe Wade is.  More likely that MeOws finger was not fully healed on the Parcells Cowboys along with his widdle ego was causing him to lose concentration and drop balls.  Finger is fully healed this year.

*I'm not a Parcells honk, but this is discoloration to the tenth power by MeOw.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 02:47:49 PM »
You think YOU don't feel well Skander? How about this, I agree with Reality! Now excuse me while I go wash my brain out with soap!
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 02:51:51 PM »
Well, what MeJoMal thinks is this:

ESPN is losing credibility regarding what should be their forte - sports. Monday Night Football announcers are the worse I have ever tried not to listen to and their panel of NFL "experts" are into facetime, not analysis. Trying to suffer through the idiocy of listening to Monday football games is becoming overwhelming lately.

So I can't see how that Keyshawn Johnson's opinion merits such interest. How would he know what has motivated the players on Dallas to play to the level they have so far this season? He never seemed to pay much attention to game plans when he was an active player. Based on the number of catches (of meaning) he made in his career, I have to say he was by far the most overrated wide receiver to play the game, considering how often he got in front of a camera to give the world he point of view on all things Keyshawn. Reality has that MeOwens tag on the wrong ego.

As for comparing the coaching abilities of Parcells to Phillips, I personally have always had a soft spot for Wade and a "dump the motherf**ker" attitude regarding Parcells. He may have won some superbowls, but I have never thought much of him at all, period.

With Phillips as their coach, I almost feel like putting the Cryboys back in the NFL, where I removed them years ago because they are all devil-worshippers there who sold the soul of the city to Hell back in the 60's.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 04:29:55 PM »
Well, what MeJoMal thinks is this:

ESPN is losing credibility regarding what should be their forte - sports. Monday Night Football announcers are the worse I have ever tried not to listen to and their panel of NFL "experts" are into facetime, not analysis. Trying to suffer through the idiocy of listening to Monday football games is becoming overwhelming lately.

So I can't see how that Keyshawn Johnson's opinion merits such interest. How would he know what has motivated the players on Dallas to play to the level they have so far this season? He never seemed to pay much attention to game plans when he was an active player. Based on the number of catches (of meaning) he made in his career, I have to say he was by far the most overrated wide receiver to play the game, considering how often he got in front of a camera to give the world he point of view on all things Keyshawn. Reality has that MeOwens tag on the wrong ego.

As for comparing the coaching abilities of Parcells to Phillips, I personally have always had a soft spot for Wade and a "dump the motherf**ker" attitude regarding Parcells. He may have won some superbowls, but I have never thought much of him at all, period.

With Phillips as their coach, I almost feel like putting the Cryboys back in the NFL, where I removed them years ago because they are all devil-worshippers there who sold the soul of the city to Hell back in the 60's.

I agree with TO and JoMaL...i've gone past the stage of sick.  I have the plague ;) jk

It was no secret that Parcels did not like TO and vice versa so I don't think its a stretch to say he was not used to his fullest extent.  To me the numbers say something.  I never just listen to TO run his mouth, it borderline useless.  What is funny is I took what Keyshawn said was a knock to Parcels more then sticking up for him.  If he built this team then why did he not get out of them what we've seen this past year?!  They look really good.

As for where I agree with JoMaL...Keyshawn was overrated big time.  He never really amounted to the hype that he and others put out there.   Owens may be an idiot but he is a much better reciever then Keyshawn ever was.  As if Keyshawn didn't have a similar attitude TO did with about half the talent when he was in the NFL. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com