Author Topic: Adlemans open flow O  (Read 894 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Adlemans open flow O
« on: December 11, 2007, 12:39:07 PM »
While I've admittedly only been able to catch part of Houston this season, I've seen enough to know the offense resembles a Jeff Van Gundy one.

What up, jomal?
And why does Lowie Scola only get 3 shots per game?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Adlemans open flow O
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 01:32:01 PM »
Adelman works better with a squad of quasi-superstars rather then the real kind - players who want to play more as a team rather then try to break down the defense single-handedly.

With Yao and McGrady, he has two players used to being "THE GUY". With the Kings, he really only had to deal with Chris Webber wanting to be "THE GUY", but one of Webber's great gifts just happened to be his great hands that could catch anything and pass brilliantly.

But most importantly, his center in Sacramento was Vlade Divac, who seems to grow in stature the longer he is away from the game. In fact, I would just come out and say that the main difference between what Adelman is working with now compared to his Kings' days is Vlade. He made that offense what it was, no question about it.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 03:08:41 PM »
McGrady absolutely, but I've never viewed Yao as being a Me player and thought his passing potential equaled Vlades.
The O sets I've seen have them force feeding Yao and standing around ala Van Gundy style.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 03:57:07 PM »
What is more interesting is Yao calling out his teammates...

The Houston Chronicle's Jonathan Feigen: "For the second time in as many days, the Rockets lacked the fortitude to handle a tough stretch. And for a second consecutive game, Yao Ming lamented what had become of the Rockets. 'When you are soft yourself, everything will feel tough,' Yao said. 'It's not because they are so tough. It's because of how soft we are. It's weird that we changed that quick. I never had that feeling. I feel like they traded me to another team, a new team I've never been on before.'"

Did Adelman chase away the toughness Van Gundy instilled?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 04:35:13 PM »
Did Adelman chase away the toughness Van Gundy instilled?

Unfortunately, that would not be the first time he accomplished that.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."