Author Topic: Anyone going to an opening night game?  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone going to an opening night game?
« on: October 30, 2007, 11:58:39 AM »
Reg season game?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone going to an opening night game?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 12:19:46 PM »
Nope... pizza + new castle + game in HD
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 12:21:08 PM »
Don't get too comfy, the Santa Ana winds are due to return. ;)

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 01:34:48 PM »
Jeez, thanks Reality ... rubbing it in about Missouri's lack of an NBA team ...  :)

Actually, I took tonight off from work at the station just to watch the openers.

Thursday will be interesting, though.  I'll be running in and out of the sports office as often as possible to sneak a glance at the Suns' game.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 01:41:18 PM »
Don't get too comfy, the Santa Ana winds are due to return. ;)

Yup but hopefully they make major progress today before they swell back up as not all the fires are 100% contained.  I saw the run down last night and they are all sitting at 80-85% I believe.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 01:56:04 PM »
Jeez, thanks Reality ... rubbing it in about Missouri's lack of an NBA team ...  :)

Actually, I took tonight off from work at the station just to watch the openers.

Thursday will be interesting, though.  I'll be running in and out of the sports office as often as possible to sneak a glance at the Suns' game.
Hey it's a quicker drive/flight from where you are to an NBA game then for me to trek up to LA.  Before 9/11 and the phony airport delays it was seriously quicker for me to fly from SD to PHX then to drive from SD thru OC to LA during rush hour, which can be all day in LA but is certainly from 3-7pm.  So for a 7 pm game at Staples, either forgetaboutit or leave real early.  I'm not clautraphobic per say, but I would almost rather listen to WOW spin about the 87 Lakers while sitting down then be stuck in a car in LA rush.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 02:27:02 PM »
No opening night...so I'll miss the ring ceremony.  But I do have a 10 pack that is just weekend games.  Next one up is Friday after Thanksgiving which I'll miss cause the better half has other plans.  Looks like my kids get a game...

The 10 pack has some decent games as well as some real stinkers.  Also it included one preseason which was against Detroit...can you say NBDL?  The rest of the package has Grizzlies, Blazers, Nuggets, Clippers, Knicks, Wolves, Hornets, Kings & Rockets.  Knicks & Wolves I may also dump on the kids...Clips (w/o Brand) & Kings are tossups.  The others I am looking forward to seeing.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 12:53:24 PM »
Did any of you fantasy geeks actually watch an opening night game?
Thought all in all the Spurs looked great.  Contributions from everybody and most all looked to be very rested and in good shape, except for Parker.  And who can blame him for that.  ;) Portland also has tons of potential.  Aldrige and Webster looked very good.  If Oden can get and stay healthy they will make noise.

Kobester help his trade value with that 4th quarter FT i mean scoring barrage?
Yao and Tmac were themselves.  I thought Bonzi played very well in limited minutes.  He is gonna contribute.

Utah-Golden State i know nothing.  Is Golden a one hit wonder?

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 01:05:19 PM »
Looks like I will be heading to the Wolves/Nuggs game on Friday. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 01:20:57 PM »

It's going to be tough for Laker fans to possibly lose the best player in the NBA.  Because of all the Kobe drama, I sometimes forget how good he really is.  I don't think I have ever seen a player that is as good as Kobe is right now.  It's a shame his ego/brain overshadow his talent and skills.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 03:49:29 PM »

It's going to be tough for Laker fans to possibly lose the best player in the NBA.  Because of all the Kobe drama, I sometimes forget how good he really is.  I don't think I have ever seen a player that is as good as Kobe is right now.  It's a shame his ego/brain overshadow his talent and skills.

"I understand where they're coming from, but they really don't know the entire situation because I just keep my mouth shut -- as I should," Bryant said after the game, after being booed by his hometown Staples staple.

Lord knows what we might think of him if he, like, opened his mouth once in a while and didn't try cognitive talk.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 04:28:27 PM »
....after being booed by his hometown Staples staple.

No joke, that was a proud moment for me as a Laker fan. 

The Lakers are bigger than Kobe!  The Lakers are bigger than the NBA!  The Lakers are bigger than the game of basketball!  The Lakers are bigger than.....sorry, I got carried away....... ;)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 04:35:07 PM »
The Lakers are bigger than Kobe!  The Lakers are bigger than the NBA!  The Lakers are bigger than the game of basketball!  The Lakers are bigger than.....sorry, I got carried away....... ;)
This is sometimes useful in treatment of advanced Lakerism.
Slide takes about 40 seconds.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 05:57:56 PM »
....after being booed by his hometown Staples staple.

No joke, that was a proud moment for me as a Laker fan. 

They blew the boos so out of proportion in the media just like I knew I would when I heard them.  It was one small section of people.   As soon as he scored the cheers came back as did the chants of MVP.  The NBA wants this drama BADLY.  The lazy sports writers want this drama BADLY.   TNT was pushing it so heavy last night.  I thought it was very rude of Craig to let Kobe's maybe/maybe not trade overshadow a hell of a shot by Shane Battier.  I thought they were done for sure with Fisher's shot and he nailed a BIG shot.  From real deep too.  Instead of going over the shot a few times they asked them what they thought about Kobe, lame.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 05:59:56 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 06:07:41 PM »
This is sometimes useful in treatment of advanced Lakerism.
Slide takes about 40 seconds.

Your link is messed AGAIN.  The last slide is missing, the one where it shows "The Lakers" and it's the largest thing EVER!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"