Author Topic: Amare to have his knee scoped again  (Read 1017 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Amare to have his knee scoped again
« on: October 01, 2007, 10:38:23 PM »
Hope it's as minor as everyone is saying, I wouldn't be to thrilled at the thought of cutting up that knee again.

Stoudemire will have surgery to remove 'loose particle' in knee

Updated: October 1, 2007, 11:00 PM ET

Amare Stoudemire To Undergo Knee SurgeryPHOENIX -- Suns forward Amare Stoudemire will undergo minor arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday but is expected to be sidelined only two to three weeks.

The operation to remove a loose particle will be on the All-Star's right knee, not the left on which microfracture surgery was done two years ago. That operation forced him to miss virtually all of the 2005-06 season.

"It's a procedure that Raja [Bell] just went through just to clean it up," Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said. "We have time to do it so we thought let's go ahead and get it done."

Team orthopedic surgeon Thomas Carter will perform the operation.

There was no mention of the impending surgery, by Stoudemire or anyone else, during the team's media day gathering on Monday. The plans were revealed in a news release issued by the team Monday evening.

The Suns, without Stoudemire, traveled by bus Monday to Tucson, where they begin a six-day training camp on Tuesday at the University of Arizona's McKale Center.

Stoudemire had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee while recovering from the microfracture procedure.

He was named first team all-NBA last season after averaging 20.4 points and 9.6 rebounds.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Amare to have his knee scoped again
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 11:27:48 AM »
Wrong knee, WOW. This is to clean out the right knee, not the left, which was where the micro surgury took place.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 12:43:31 PM »
Pure speculation between eating pizza slices:  Is this the real reason Amare for KG fell thru?
McHale not Phx had reservations?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »
Wrong knee, WOW. This is to clean out the right knee, not the left, which was where the micro surgury took place.

I better call those idiots at ESPN-HD, that's what they reported.  I didn't actually read the article, just heard the audio and found the article as I was going to post.  They referred to it as a "clean up" of the knee that was operated on before. 
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"