Author Topic: Orlando: Rashard in Darko out  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Orlando: Rashard in Darko out
« on: July 02, 2007, 11:20:29 PM »
Can't find link at presstime but...
Orlando television station WKMG Local 6 is reporting that Rashard Lewis has agreed to sign with the Orlando Magic on July 11.

The deal is reported for 5 years and $75 million.

Sports anchor David Pingalore also reported the Magic will allow restricted free agent forward Darko Milicic to become an unrestricted free agent.

Lakers, do you want to make a run at Darko to pair with Dog and Walton?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Orlando: Rashard in Darko out
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 12:18:05 AM »
Can't find link at presstime but...
Orlando television station WKMG Local 6 is reporting that Rashard Lewis has agreed to sign with the Orlando Magic on July 11.

The deal is reported for 5 years and $75 million.

Sports anchor David Pingalore also reported the Magic will allow restricted free agent forward Darko Milicic to become an unrestricted free agent.

Lakers, do you want to make a run at Darko to pair with Dog and Walton?

Lewis and Howard on the block? Good pick up for them but I think the price is a bit high for Lewis..   Makes me want to follow Orlando a bit more next season though I have to admit.

Even Pauly Shore gave up his WEEEAAASEEELLLL joke that wasn't working out Reality.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 12:19:40 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 12:43:40 AM »
Lewis and Howard on the block? Good pick up for them but I think the price is a bit high for Lewis..   Makes me want to follow Orlando a bit more next season though I have to admit.

Even Pauly Shore gave up his WEEEAAASEEELLLL joke that wasn't working out Reality.
  You're giving up on the Lakers?  Good lord.  Well, there are millions more.... We Sell.  I like that.
Yeah and now Darko could make some impact with the right team, but agent is said to be looking for 10 mil per. ::)  At 5 mil per MLE i wish the Spurs would look at him, altho I wish Elson would continue to improve. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 08:37:53 AM »

I don't know about Lewis on the block but Lewis's outside game should help space the floor for Howard to operate.  I don't know about the price tag for Lewis either but he should help the Magic out quite a bit.

The weasel was lame from day one, don't know how people put up with it.

Darko could still be a solid player in the NBA, not sure if he's beefy enough to play in the Spurs defense, then again Glen Robinson looked decent with the Spurs.  Not sure where Darko could go and develop, maybe Atlanta or Cleveland.  I hope the Lakers make some kinds of moves this offseason, I hope they don't fall for the "high draft pick" mentality again like they did with Kwame in regards to Darko.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 11:04:19 AM »

I don't know about Lewis on the block but Lewis's outside game should help space the floor for Howard to operate.  I don't know about the price tag for Lewis either but he should help the Magic out quite a bit.

The weasel was lame from day one, don't know how people put up with it.

Darko could still be a solid player in the NBA, not sure if he's beefy enough to play in the Spurs defense, then again Glen Robinson looked decent with the Spurs.  Not sure where Darko could go and develop, maybe Atlanta or Cleveland.  I hope the Lakers make some kinds of moves this offseason, I hope they don't fall for the "high draft pick" mentality again like they did with Kwame in regards to Darko.

He's not bad on the block and likes to bang a bit from the elbow or turn and face up if he pulls out a slower defender.  His price tag is 75 million for 5 years which to me is entirely too much for him but hay, it's not my money.

The Weasel was lame from day one and so was the Dog The Power Forward Hunter joke.  I actually met Pauly Shore friday night at the Comedy Store, much more regular/mild in person.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 11:07:05 AM »
I have heard that Petrie is interested in Darko, but not sure under what terms. When asked, all Geoff says is that he has "all summer" to work things out with the Kings, and the indication is that he plans to use that time to revamp the squad big time. But with the pieces he has to play with, that should prove to be a challenge.

And any reference to Pauly Shore surely is mega-stretch. The only thing close to a spontaneous laugh I have ever gotten from this guy is the "gag" reflex. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 01:20:50 PM »
When he was the juror in Jury Duty and recited to Tia Carrere what Henry Fonda was saying on the t.v. in 12 Angry Men.  That was pretty funny.