Author Topic: Randy's looking like a genius  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Randy's looking like a genius
« on: March 24, 2004, 12:35:59 AM »
Chris Webber is going to cost Sacramento boys and girls, pure and simple.
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 12:37:31 AM »
Chris Webber is going to cost Sacramento boys and girls, pure and simple.
He's not slumping cuz he sucks.  He's slumping because the booing and the comments in the media have got to his head.  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 12:52:32 AM »
Sorry WK, I forgot about that, that and he took shots away from Bibby, who had the hot hand, and Peja, who was shooting right at 50%, and the fact that the Bucks, (the sub .500 Bucks, I might add) ate their lunch on the glass and beat them at their own game, the fast break and transition basketball, but I guess, somehow the media was responsible for that as well.

Who in their right mind ever for even a nanosecond thought this gutless loser was a team leader? When you take 7 more shots (all misses) in 3 less minutes than your ace teammate, when you let Van Horn and Smith beat you on the glass, you aren't a leader, you're a selfish moron. I'm sorry, was that too harsh?
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 12:58:28 AM »
Sorry WK, I forgot about that, that and he took shots away from Bibby, who had the hot hand, and Peja, who was shooting right at 50%, and the fact that the Bucks, (the sub .500 Bucks, I might add) ate their lunch on the glass and beat them at their own game, the fast break and transition basketball, but I guess, somehow the media was responsible for that as well.

Whoa slow down Laker Fan....Im not making an excuse for him.  You would swear I was posting as the name JoMaL the way you jumped on me. I am saying that he is not playing like his normal self.  He is being told he sucks by fans and the media so he is forcing the issue to try to prove he is good.  This is not the kind of play anyone has seen  from him in the last 2 years.  Where is the Chris Webber who was a good post passer?  Looks to me like he let the media get in his head and he is forcing the issue.......which is really going to hurt his team if he keeps it up.  Bibby and Peja could cool down going into the playoffs after torching teams left and right.

I feel bad for Peja the most.  He should be the very first choice for any jumper.  If Chris decides he wants to see a jumper he needs to let Peja handle that.  Bibby 2nd choice.  Chris should be in the paint and be a secondary option until he is 100% or can get out of his slump.  Not only is he being selfish he is not even being a good ball hog.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 01:00:40 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 01:05:57 AM »
I wasn't jumping on you at all dude, you were making my point for me and I was merely expanding on it, I didn't realize you were sincere in your defense that the media is partly to blame for this. That is something I don't buy into for one minute, a gutless loser egomaniac will do exactly what Webber is doing, and then whine like the perennial crybaby women he is that it is all the media's fault. He deserves no slack and he will get none from me.

Randy, unless and until Webber can prove otherwise, hit the nail on the head about his clown, and if there is one teammate on the Kings squad that could cost them any shot at a ring, at this point it is their "team leader".
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 01:08:24 AM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 11:26:39 AM »
Webber should be coming off the bench. The Kings are coming out of the gate each game in slow motion and start every game down double digits in the first quarter. It is like they are learning dance steps at the beginning of the games, trying to figure out where they should be since Webber's return. Chris then plays almost 40 minutes or so and his teammates slow down their own games to match his pace. You would think the coach could come up with a simple solution - bring C-Webb off the bench.

But no. There is a huge snag to that, a big barrier preventing Adelman from doing what he must see is the right decision. Actually, 123 million reasons, every one of which informs him you don't bring your 14.5 million dollar a year player off the bench no matter how his "contributions" may affect not only the outcome of the game, but how the rest of the starters perform.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 09:36:34 PM »
The management and coaching staff need to ask themselves what's more important at this point in the season: finishing out the season on a winning note and getting good seeding or preserving your star player's and management's pride by letting your "star player" continue to struggle through 48-minute games at the expense of the team.

Really, Webber could remain a starter and just play less minutes. But he needs to let his teammates shoulder the offensive load and stop worrying about justifying that big paycheck. What matters is the win and the overall success of the whole team, not just Webber.