Author Topic: Spurs v T-Wolves thread  (Read 5670 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 12:54:54 AM »
Maybe if Bowen had dirtied up his play like he is prone to do, the Spurs would have had a chance, you know, perhaps a flying dropkick on Cassell's grill, lord knows those teeth are a big enough target!  :D  
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 08:41:01 AM »
Well BBF? Yeah, uh huh, that's what I thought.  <_<
Oh Yes Dan!!!!!!   You were sooooo right.  I was just at a lost for words because the Spurs were manhandled by that SUBSTANTIALLY better team.  A two point game with a couple minutes to go....and it was obvious that the Wolves just stepped up and tore apart the Spurs.  The team that had more riding on the outcome, on their home court, who lost 4 days ago in a blowout....that team just dominated the end of the game.  Heck the Spurs don't even belong in the same league let alone building with THAT team.

And I won't even get into the home cookin' down the stretch.

But to the more reasonable posters...and especially jn....it was a good game.  Just like most of the games between the Wolves & Spurs have been over the past 5 or 6 years.  The Wolves have seen the Spurs as their biggest nemisis ever since the 99 playoffs.

I told friends Monday night that this game would be for the division title.  I feel it will help Minny regain their momentum and carry them to the division crown.  SA still has an outside shot because of the home/road difference in the schedule remaining.  SA 7 home 4 away.  Minn 4 home 7 away.  They face many of the same teams also in the final weeks.

Again, jn, congrats on a BIG win by your team.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 08:49:58 AM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 08:59:09 AM »
Yes, great game, fun to watch, playoff basketball it seemed. My mouth just drops when I watch Bruce Bowen play D, he stuck to Cassell like flies on sh**.   I wouldn't give the Midwest Title to the T-wolves just yet. Most of their games from this point on are on the road, and I believe 3 of those are back to back games. Spurs have 1 back to back, and the majority are at home.

Midwest Division Title?  Irrelevant to the Spurs, they are a much more focused road team than a home team.  
Paul

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 09:03:07 AM »
Actually, I want Minn to win the Midwest Division. That would mean they would face a 7 seeded, very good Rocket team!  I would much rather go against the Grizzlies than the Rockets. (Although the Spurs have owned the Rockets for quite awhile now.)
Paul

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 10:10:32 AM »
Uh, you're being sarcastic aren't you? tell me the truth, I can take it.

Funny how those wins by the Spurs were "significant wins" when one was only by 2 points and this close and exciting game doesn't fall into that category.
Dan

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2004, 10:20:57 AM »
I guess my point is to all the real Spurs fans here, not the garden variety bandwagon ones (and yes BBF, I know you are a real fan one of the best IMO), is that the Spurs are the least intimidating of the "big 4" WC powers. I just didn't see anything last night that inspires fear, and I haven't all year, that's all I'm on about.
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2004, 10:23:33 AM »
Uh, you're being sarcastic aren't you? tell me the truth, I can take it.

Funny how those wins by the Spurs were "significant wins" when one was only by 2 points and this close and exciting game doesn't fall into that category.
Yes, a 2 point win on your opponent's home court when you are chasing them for the division title is a significant win.  Especially when at the time that opponent had one of the top 3 home records in the NBA.  I'm sure just about everyone here would agree with that.

However you are the one who stated that Minnesota wasn't just a better team but a SUBSTANTIALLY better team that the Spurs.  However I didn't see any evidence last night that would support that statement.  Can you honestly say that you did?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2004, 10:31:26 AM »
I think I can, I am lookig to see where the Spurs have a run in them and I don't see it. Last night a team that can score had enough defense to offset the Spurs admittedly formidable defense, the Lakers have that same capability, Dallas doesn't but still took 3-4. I think they can take Sacramento but barely. No offense BBF, but this team has question marks galore. And BTW, so does LA, to me tonight is a MUST WIN, an absolute MUST WIN.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 10:32:02 AM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2004, 10:38:21 AM »
The Spurs can clamp down on D when they have too, that is their strong point. I think the think that I have noticed with ALL the WC teams this year is their inconsistency. They can totally dominate and blow away an appointment, and in their next game, they could be lackadasical and lose close games or get blown away themselves.

Their is no true dominant team this year in the NBA, nobody has that killer instinct swagger that the old Lakers or Bulls had.
Paul

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2004, 11:02:05 AM »
Dan...do I think the Spurs are without questions?  NO!

Do I believe that the Wolves team is "substantially" better than the Spurs?  NO!

Do I believe that the Wolves have substantially improved and should be considered with the Kings, Lakers & Spurs as legitimate WCF candidates?  YES!

I think you underestimate the defense of the Wolves this year.  IMO it has been more consistent that the defense played by any other western team except for the Spurs & Rockets.

As far ass the western conference goes...I see the Lakers (if they are hitting on all cylinders) as the favorite, SA next, Kings & Wolves.  However the difference in the 4 is very small and any of the 4 could end up in the finals.  IMO the second round of the western playoffs is going to be the most exciting round of games in years (unless we have NCAA-like round one upsets).  I foresee it being Minn vs LA and Sacto vs SA.  I then honestly believe that LA & SA will meet in the WCF and it will be a war.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2004, 01:05:26 AM »
I don't see where you think I am underestimating the Wolves defense, it coupled to the offensive output are exactly why I think the Wolves are a better team than San Antonio, they may not have the suffocating defense of the Spurs, but they can throw anyone out of their offensive rythm and they can score, and score consistantly.

I do agree, the WC playoffs are shaping up to be the best in years, although I still don't see anyone capable of handling LA in a 7 game series, so yes they are still the team to beat. The hiccups the big 4 have had the last few games has only proved that anyon of them is vulnerable however.
Dan