Author Topic: Realistic trades for Kobe  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Realistic trades for Kobe
« on: May 30, 2007, 01:09:48 PM »
W.O.W.
no way the Lakers get ANYTHING close to market value now that Kobe has SCREWED the Lakers with his public comments.  I can't imagine the Lakers doing much better than they did with Shaq on a Kobe trade.  The Lakers are really screwed unless they can aquire a marquee player to play along side Kobe in the next two seasons, based on how quickly things are escalating they may need to work something out this off season or by the trade deadline.
keeping the above in mind

Parker, Scola, Fabbs and salary (Barry?).  Yes westkoast i love Parkers improvement and Title IV would be 3 of 5 for he and GNob.  But I've got to have that backcourt.  Can even swing Kobe out to SF once in a while.

rickortreat:  "Dalembert."  Dee Nied!
rt continued:  "It seems Kobe is putting the Lakers in that situation now for the same reason.  A team that's close and doesn't have to give up too much would love to have Kobe.  Maybe he wants to be reunited with his Big Buddy Shaq in Miami.  The Sixers would give LA Dalembert in a trade for Kobe. 

He could fit in well in Houston, Dallas, maybe even Denver.  Cuban should go after the Kobester." 
Lets have some names.  No way Houston gives up Yaowswer.  I don't think the Lakers want McGrady.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Realistic trades for Kobe
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 01:14:58 PM »
Trading Kobe is not realistic, especially in the WC.  A more realistic discussion would be what can the Lakers get to keep Kobe happy.

A highly unlikely trade with the Spurs would have to involve Paker, GNob + Filler.  No way the Lakers take Parker and trash just cause it looks good to you, the Lakers would probably keep Kobe on rather than repeat their past mistakes.

The only guy that can fix this mess is the Lord of the Rings Mr. West.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 01:17:24 PM »

Parker, Scola, Fabbs and salary (Barry?). 

Why do you contradict the title of your thread?  Or by "realistic" you meant something that your warped sense of reality can comprehend?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 01:18:39 PM »
A highly unlikely trade with the Spurs would have to involve Paker, GNob + Filler. 
:D :D

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 01:20:19 PM »
  Why do you contradict the title of your thread?  Or by "realistic" you meant something that your warped sense of reality can comprehend? 
You're part of the same blowhard Laker group that said Shaq would never have been traded for what he was.
If the Lakers can avoid repeating past mistakes, fine.  No guarantee.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 01:21:27 PM »

Parker, Scola, Fabbs and salary (Barry?). 

Exactly!

Parker and Gnob is realistic but I doubt he ends up in SA, although I'd love to see TD's influence on Kobe.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 01:24:57 PM »
 :D :D You two blowhards talking about sure titles with Kobester and Dirk minus Howard and Terry, Kobester and TD minus GNob and Parker.

Sure reminds me of 2003 and then 2004s MOAT Kobe teams. 

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 01:26:31 PM »
Off the top of my head...biggest problem is leaving enough behind after getting Kobe to make the team competitive.

Memphis:  Gasol + Gay + Miller
Minny: KG...although then the Wolves have no interior; kind of like the current Lakers
Knicks: Frye + Franchise + Nate Robinson + future first
Celtics: Pierce + ??
Atlanta: Joe Johnson + Childress/Josh Smith/Marvin Williams + #3 pick

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 01:28:25 PM »
Here's a realistic trade: Kobe for a monk swarn to never speak.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 01:29:51 PM »
Reality...in a league that is moving towards quick perimeter players why would you trade away a 25 year old PG with great upside?  Just so you can add another SG...
-Moody Blues

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »
Seattle for Ray Allen and their #2 + filler. 

God, I can't believe I just typed that ... this is depressing. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 02:00:48 PM »
Off the top of my head...biggest problem is leaving enough behind after getting Kobe to make the team competitive.

Knicks: Frye + Franchise + Nate Robinson + future first
This has potential in that NY is getting better and Kobe loves the media spotlight.

Offline spursfan-101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 10:54:45 PM »
I can see Cuban making a move, trading MVP Nowitzki and another player for Kobe.

Only knock is, the Mavs don't have a big man.  Kobe needs a big man to be successful.