Author Topic: Kobe to do prime time interview  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe to do prime time interview
« on: March 08, 2007, 01:44:39 PM »
Los Angeles (AP)  Kobe Bryant will reveal personal never before heard reasons behind his string of suspension fouls with an exclusive on Entertainment Tonight.  Bryant told ETs Cheryl Woodcock that he has entered the same rehab center as Britney Spears, and is working thru the reasons as to why he has cheapshotted opponents in his career.

Bryant reveals for the 1st time how his childhood in both Lower Marion PA and Italy had ugly roots which led to his 'addiction'.
"My father wanted me to be the best.  Perhaps too badly."  With his voice at times wavering Bryant went on to relate how his father would find out of work, economically suppressed people in the Philadelphia area.  He would approach the fathers, mothers or guardians of small children and offer them much needed money, -if their child would lay down in a game of basketball with Kobe.  It didn't stop there.  "Some of the kids were better then me, much better.  My father not only wanted them to lose, he wanted them to recieve cheap shots."  Bryant is now in tears as the cameras stop for a while.  "He would make me smack kids right in the mouth, nose and face.  Those poor kids guardians were so desperate for rent and food money they would take it.  When i went to Italy the same thing happened.  My father went on a search of the poorest neighborhoods around.  He would broker deals to find parents willing to let their kids get smacked around so i could win.  Telling me i would win in the NBA someday no matter what it took."

In 2002 Bryant said a crescendo was reached.  "I looked at Mike Bibby.  Looking at those puppy dog eyes reminded me exactly of some of the young men in Italy.  When i elbowed Bibby on the jaw and got rewarded with a parade to the FT line, i knew it was wrong but felt entitled.  By that time i was so used to being set up it was like i was callous, ingrained."

What was a turning point for Bryant?  "I've always admired Manu Ginobili from afar.  After the 2005 Championship when i heard Manu was doing charity work for underprivlidged kids while i was trying to book more endoresments with some agent at Wolfgang Pucks, i just had a change of heart.  I also had and have recurring nightmares of all the kids I abused.  After i cheapshotted Manu, he was not vindictive at all, but instead reached out to me that very same night.  He said he thought i had a ton of talent, and he would be there for me if i ever wanted to work out my issues.  That really touched me."

Bryant is currently at the same rehab as Britney Spears.  While confidentiality issues make Bryants revealing too much unlawful, he did say they are working on a song together.

See more of Kobe Bryants exclusive ET interview with Cheryl Woodcock coming up in March on CBS.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 01:46:43 PM by Reality »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Kobe to do prime time interview
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 02:50:59 PM »
NBA training via Bum Fights. For Kobe, there finally is a reason why God put the underpriveleged within arms length for him.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 04:16:40 PM »
God this sounds SUPER lame. 

Most people have issues that stem from their parents.  I bet that a number of us have/had issues because of what our parents said or did.  So I kind of don't take it as a 'whoa as me' type deal as much as I am interested in how adults try to live through their children.  It is sickening.  Like the blurb about Manu and am glad he opened Mr. Bryant's eyes to helping people out other then himself.

Reality, save the little jabs at the end for posters like JoMaL or Lurker.  They do them so much better. The Britney Spears joke was a swing and a miss!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 04:19:12 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 05:05:34 PM »
I thought this was a riot!  Good job Reality.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 11:02:18 AM »
So if parents are the architects of b-ball players careers, Manuella's mom must be part fish and his dad must be part possum.

If Kobe wants to spend his money wisely, he should pay me to "learn" him how to cheap shot a player properly.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 06:58:52 PM »
Yes Rick, I'm sure you did, and the sad fact is you don't even realize in what category that places you with respect to intelligence or sense of humor.
Dan