Author Topic: Stick a fork in the Wolves, they're done.  (Read 2047 times)

jn

Stick a fork in the Wolves, they're done.
« on: March 19, 2004, 12:37:35 AM »
I'll expand on this later, but for right now let me just say this years playoffs will end up just the same as the previous seven, out in one.  

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 01:49:29 AM »
Wow not something you want to see with so little games left in the season.  The crow out here is mighty fine.  Benihana style.

Props to the Spurs team as a whole.  They did an excellent job even with Duncan well below 100%.  Wasn't a very good sight to see him on the bench with his knee wrapped up like that.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 01:50:22 AM »
Wow not something you want to see with so little games left in the season.  The crow out here is mighty fine.  Benihana style.

Props to the Spurs team as a whole.  They did an excellent job even with Duncan well below 100%.  Wasn't a very good sight to see him on the bench with his knee wrapped up like that.
That was me.....I have Randy-itis
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 08:36:44 AM »
it was a surprise to me so i cant really say i knew it would happen or anything like that.  nice win for us though...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 09:23:29 AM »
Unfortunately I couldn't watch the game last night....will see it tonight.  From the highlights on local & ESPN it looks like the Spurs stepped up the intensity & the Wolves couldn't match.

Beware all of you Spurs haters.  The team is rounding into playoff shape and will be a force come winnin' time.  Very similar to last year....top 3 pt shooter, solid defense, and Duncan.  Final result is well known.

"We are the champions, we are the champions, no time for pretenders for we are the champions."  (pardon the wording change...I don't want to call any playoff team a loser yet)

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 10:10:20 AM »
I'm not about to eat crow the final stretch of the season. Wolves are definately hurting though. It's tough to fit Wally and Hudson back into the lineup, especially when things were going so well. Their going to need them for the playoffs, so its important they do try and get their minutes in. At what expense though.  Losing the Midwest Division? Think the the Spurs can work through being on the road. Can't say the same for the T-wolves.

Bruce Bowen, being compared to a Bill Laimbeer. I LOVE IT. All teams need a tough minded player, and the Spurs didn't have that for a very long time.  Not since Mario Elio (our asst coach...YEAH!) and the Dennis Rodman days.  
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 10:21:04 AM »
i gotta say, Sam Cassell IS THE MOST WEASELY PLAYER IN THE NBA.

how many times can TNT show him talking to the ref about not getting a call in the wolves favor.  I was ready for the ref to turn and say, "stop your whining you lil beeeeyatch!"

did you see how quickly they were about to jump on bowen when KG was trying to start up with Manu.....notice how Manu was afraid of KG!  KG was pointing to his head like he was playing mind games and he was the one losing his cool out there.

great game by the Spurs, KG as always was still awesome out there, but if we meet in the playoffs i can already tell THERE'S GONNA BE TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUBLE!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 10:24:17 AM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 02:32:38 PM »
Don't care what you say, if I were a T-Wolves fan (which I haven't been one since last night) I would want the ball in HIS hands if the final shot was on the line.  He is a whiner though.
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 07:18:58 PM »
Don't care what you say, if I were a T-Wolves fan (which I haven't been one since last night) I would want the ball in HIS hands if the final shot was on the line.  He is a whiner though.
yeah i wold take the little alien on our team too if we had to.......and to avoid some sort of alien invasion for discriminating against aliens in the NBA...