Author Topic: How bad was that Dallas Cowboys game?  (Read 1325 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
How bad was that Dallas Cowboys game?
« on: January 08, 2007, 12:10:47 PM »
 ??? ???

How the heck do you choke that bad with the game 99.99999% in hand?  Don't even get me started on Terrell "If only my game was half as good as my ish talking" Owens STINKING it up!

And is this one of the biggest choke jobs in the NFL playoffs in the last 5 years?  I can't really think of any that top botching a freakin kick from like 15-20 yards out.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How bad was that Dallas Cowboys game?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 01:56:27 PM »
Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.  But you really didn't think the Cowboys had a chance did you?  Somehow, someway you just knew they were going to blow it, if not that game then the next one.  It's rare that a rookie QB holds it together for a season.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 01:57:18 PM »
How bad?  How bad?  It was GREAT.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 02:07:03 PM »
I thought it was a good game but Dallas did lose it more than Seattle won it.  Two huge mistakes cost them the game, the safety and the botched field goal.

Fun to watch.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 02:09:51 PM »

My sentiments exactly!  Couldn't happen to a better franchise, owner & coach.

However, since both my son & son-in-law are HUGE Cowboys fan I do feel some of their frustration on the way the game was lost.  But I would rather have seen a 20 point blowout by the Seahawks.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 02:30:44 PM »
Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.  But you really didn't think the Cowboys had a chance did you?  Somehow, someway you just knew they were going to blow it, if not that game then the next one.  It's rare that a rookie QB holds it together for a season.
I don't see how Romo gets the blame.  New "kickers" ball inserted for the field goal looked slicker then snot.  Talking heads were saying how league does not allow ball to be rubbed down at all, many teams are complaining.  That was an awesome tackle by #27 on Seattle, saved the game.
Terry Glenns catch n fumble at the 1 yard line much more of a game turner and  costly IMO.

MeOwens dropps passes while Philly advances.  Got to love that.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »

Strickly from a playoff game stand point, not taking anyones favorites into   Not only do you guys advance but TO STINKS it up.  What did he end up with, 1 or 2 reciptions even though he was thrown to a handfull of times?

Rick, I figured the other side  to win it pretty easily so when they made a game out of it I had to go with the team everyone expected to lose.  And ya I did have a feeling that somehow they would mess up.  Just not in the same way they did.

PATHETIC!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 02:50:07 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 07:56:05 PM »
I am NOT a Cowboy fan and seeing them mess up is such a way was so much more then I could have asked for, it is not even funny. Seeing the Chiefs trying to figure out where they were sometime in the third quarter was almost as much fun. KC is another team I loathe.

But seeing New England win again in the playoffs, at home, when no other team needs to be bitch bombed out of the NFL more was hard to swallow. I really hate the "Tuck Rule" Pats, who lost to the Raiders at the start of their string of home playoff wins, only to have a non-existant rule invoked in order to make sure they could go to the Super Bowl that year.

And to think, there was Romo, in Seattle, "tucking" the ball prior to having it batted away and the refs calling it a fumble. Green "tucked" the ball, only to have the refs say it was a fumble. I don't get it? When a quarterback is holding the ball out and it is batted away from him, isn't this called a "tuck" rule play in the playoffs? Or does that only apply to Tom Brady? 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."