Author Topic: Bynum . . .  (Read 1578 times)

Guest_Randy

Bynum . . .
« on: November 20, 2006, 09:39:42 AM »
Against Chicago and Big Ben: (granted, playing against Big Ben this year isn't quite the same as it has been in the past  :unsure:)

28 minutes
  5-10 (50%) fg%
  13 rebounds
  1 assists
  4 block shots
  6 fouls
  12 points

What was even more interesting is listening to the announcers and analysts talk about Bynum.  Bynum is already showing that he is going to be far more than a "journeyman" center in this league -- he isn't ready to be put into the Lakers lineage of great centers but he is moving that direction (esp. when you consider this guy is still only 19 years of age!).

He is showing some great moves with the ball and his defense is solid.  Still makes some rookie mistakes but he is showing far more progress than I expected at this point.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bynum . . .
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 11:21:02 AM »
Did Bynum become a 76er?

He's a 10/7 guy right now, drop me a line when he ventures beyond the land of journeyman.  You guys act like a journeyman is such a bad thing.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Bynum . . .
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 11:47:42 AM »
WOW,

Can you see posts after Randy's from other peope that would warrant a 'you guys'?

I've never said at this point in time he is the greatest or better then most of the big men in this league.  I've said he has the potential to be much better then a journeyman in a few years.  

The reason why I feel he will be more then a journeyman in a few years it not because of his hooks or hands...it will be because of his defense.  The one thing Randy's stats do not show is how many shots he changed in the paint last night.  The Lakers wanted to win the points in the paint battle and with his patrolling and Odom's aggressive to the rack mentality last night the Lakers did just that.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

Bynum . . .
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 12:14:22 PM »
Did Bynum become a 76er?

He's a 10/7 guy right now, drop me a line when he ventures beyond the land of journeyman.  You guys act like a journeyman is such a bad thing.
WOW, are you even watching games?

I'm not on here talking about Kwame because of a play or two -- or about Walton who IS going to be a solid journeyman player -- I am not talking about Bynum because of just a statline -- I'm talking about him because I have seen him play.  His play is DESERVING of talk -- and it even has many analysts and sportswriters talking -- not just potential but what he is actually doing on the court.  He HAS been impressive!  You need to actually watch a game!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bynum . . .
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 12:40:50 PM »

I'm not on here talking about Kwame because of a play or two -- or about Walton who IS going to be a solid journeyman player -- I am not talking about Bynum because of just a statline -- I'm talking about him because I have seen him play.  His play is DESERVING of talk -- and it even has many analysts and sportswriters talking -- not just potential but what he is actually doing on the court.  He HAS been impressive!  You need to actually watch a game!
Yes I am watching the games, I just happen to be better at spotting and guaging talent than you and apparently some commentators and analysts.

Don't hate.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Guest_Randy

Bynum . . .
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 12:54:58 PM »

I'm not on here talking about Kwame because of a play or two -- or about Walton who IS going to be a solid journeyman player -- I am not talking about Bynum because of just a statline -- I'm talking about him because I have seen him play.  His play is DESERVING of talk -- and it even has many analysts and sportswriters talking -- not just potential but what he is actually doing on the court.  He HAS been impressive!  You need to actually watch a game!
Yes I am watching the games, I just happen to be better at spotting and guaging talent than you and apparently some commentators and analysts.

Don't hate.
Yep, you are right up there with Reality -- a prognosticator of all prognosticators!  A legend in your own mind!

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Bynum . . .
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 01:17:32 PM »
Don't you just hate it when Laker posters go postal on one another?

Now we have "the Bynum Controversy" to bring unrealistic hopes back to see more police car burnings back to smoldering Smogiwood in the not so distant future.

Oh Nostalgia, thou Goddess of Dope, whither will you return to Haze- Hades?  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bynum . . .
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 02:03:56 PM »

I'm not on here talking about Kwame because of a play or two -- or about Walton who IS going to be a solid journeyman player -- I am not talking about Bynum because of just a statline -- I'm talking about him because I have seen him play.  His play is DESERVING of talk -- and it even has many analysts and sportswriters talking -- not just potential but what he is actually doing on the court.  He HAS been impressive!  You need to actually watch a game!

Don't hate.
Yep, you are right up there with Reality -- a prognosticator of all prognosticators!  A legend in your own mind!
Well I see that Reality has rubbed off on you.  Your response indicates you now seem to debate at his level.  Congrats!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bynum . . .
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 02:05:29 PM »

Now we have "the Bynum Controversy" to bring unrealistic hopes back to see more police car burnings back to smoldering Smogiwood in the not so distant future.

I can't imagine the pain you must feel knowing that debating a footnote Laker player gets more action than the future of your beloved franchise.   :cry:  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Bynum . . .
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 02:53:26 PM »

I can't imagine the pain you must feel knowing that debating a footnote Laker player gets more action than the future of your beloved franchise.   :cry:
 :D

If you guys were not sure if the regular season started already....W.O.W is already in half way through the season form!

I think it is fun to see Laker fans argue with each other.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Bynum . . .
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 03:59:19 PM »

Oh, you wish!!

Why would I expect Laker fans to care if the Kings stay or move? And with a plethora of Laker fans on this board. I can expect - yea, even anticipate - detailed and ad nauseum discussions on the benefits of Kobe's toe jam sculptures being auctioned away on EBAY.

After all. All we are in SacTown, according to the top League executive, is the "soul-bearer for the sport, a beacon of possibility for small-market teams".  

Oh, how my hero worship slips through for David Stern :wub:  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Guest_Randy

Bynum . . .
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 04:01:25 PM »

Don't hate.
Well I see that Reality has rubbed off on you.  Your response indicates you now seem to debate at his level.  Congrats!
Okay, just want to make sure I'm getting all this right -- you are a prognosticator with no equal -- a legend and a master debater?  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bynum . . .
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 04:23:32 PM »

Don't hate.
Okay, just want to make sure I'm getting all this right -- you are a prognosticator with no equal -- a legend and a master debater?
Randy,

I don't think you're capable of getting anything right.  

A master debater?
Master baiter?
Mastrubater?

Who is to say?

Peace and love be upon you.  Halamela Randy, halamela!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Guest_Randy

Bynum . . .
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 04:35:48 PM »

Don't hate.
Randy,

I don't think you're capable of getting anything right.  

A master debater?
Master baiter?
Mastrubater?

Who is to say?

Peace and love be upon you.  Halamela Randy, halamela!
 :hail:  :hail:

Ah, you ARE smarter than you look, WOW -- glad you caught it!  Just couldn't resist!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bynum . . .
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 07:34:08 PM »
I think it is fun to see Laker fans argue with each other.
Ah, yes a good spirited Laker style discussion is always welcome here.
A recent tv show with a futuristic episode shows the future of Lakerdom looks good in 2026 also.