Author Topic: Good win by Sactown  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Good win by Sactown
« on: March 15, 2006, 01:42:50 PM »
JoMal you must be simply ecstatic at last night's performance by the Kings. They withstood several runs by LA and took care of business, not the greatest defensive job in the world considering LA had 4 players in double figures and Cook just missed making it 5. But Artest was the game turner the way he blanketed Bryant, in fact he and Bonzi both did a decent job, holding him down and bothering him all night long, but to be fair, he had a LOT of help defense, and that is where his arrival in Sacramento has made such a difference, he has the whole team thinking defense, formerly a foreign concept for this team. Team rebounds bigger factor than they appeared because it showed Sacramento out-hustling LA in the frontcourt.

Speaking of defense, LA USED to play defense, somewhere between the end of January and now they seemed to have decided to phase it out, last night's debacle proved it in spades. Back to back games where LA had very balanced scoring because Kobe was trying to involve his teammates, hmmmm, maybe his earlier strategy of just doing it all himself wasn't such a bad idea after all, naw, they just need to PLAY SOME BLOODY STINKIN' DEFENSE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, when Sac took on that cancer named Bonzi Wells, I gloated: "Well here is the signal of the Kings demise", didn't happen, when they took on Artest, I knew it was the beginning of the end, 2 cancerous pukes on the same team? Shades of the Trailblazers for sure. But this club, still getting used to each other, is playing more like a team than some teams that have been together for years.

JoMal, to this point, I stand corrected, I thought you boys up there HAD to be high on the methane gas emanating from you super-abundance of cow pies, I apparently was wrong. BTW, would you folks consider sending a truckload or 10 of those cow pies to Mitch Kupchak? Perhaps the methane will get this clown on track. I wonder how long it will take band-waggoner's to jump on this prairie schooner? "I knew it all along!!! The Kings have ALWAYS been my favorite team!!!!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 01:14:19 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Good win by Sactown
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 12:47:21 PM »
Interesting post, there, Dan.

Your favorite team?

Our special methane gas is reserved for SacTown Valley aficionado's of the fine aroma emanating from our cultured pastures. Geoff Petrie spends countless hours roaming around Arco Arena, picking flowers and considering trade deals. His reclamation projects list has expanded once again this year with Wells and Artest joining the ranks of past "mistakes" of his that turned out not to be.

I am sorry to say I had to miss this game, and had to celebrate the victory in Roatan, Honduras, quietly and surrounded by sympathetic natives, who just thought my crazy dance was a St. Paddy's day custom from some odd village somewhere on Erin. After collecting the coins they tossed at my feet, I finished off my enthusiastic celebration at the Sundowner Bar, downing several Salva Vida's.

Of course, since that victory, I have had to suffer the indignity of reality setting back in, with two awful losses to Indiana and the Wolves, both of which were lost because of bad basketball execution by the Kings, and not so much what the opponent was doing. Fifteen missed layups against the Pacers? Twenty-eight turnovers against Minnesota?

Now I huddle in the rain, sitting in the gutter, quenching my thirst with a donated Pabst.

How the mighty have fallen.      
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."