Author Topic: Is Darko a bust?  (Read 1157 times)

Guest_Randy

Is Darko a bust?
« on: February 16, 2006, 12:13:08 PM »
Or was it simply that Detroit couldn't find the minutes to fully develop him?

Your thoughts?  Detroit gets a restricted 1st round and Cato (they don't need Cato but he could be a back-up for a few minutes in case of injuries) and Orlando gets Darko and takes Orroyo as well (Detroit manages to unload Orroyo) along with a 2nd round pick.

Actually, I think Orlando could use Orroyo and he also allows Orlando to be able to live with Stevie Francis.  I hear that NY wants him -- why not?  Here's another fat contract that NY can't wait to trade for!   :eek2:  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Is Darko a bust?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »
Yes.  definitive bust.

He's a workout warrior who fooled people without every actually showing any discernible skill when other players are on the court.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Is Darko a bust?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 01:31:29 PM »
I read where Cato is just cap relief for the Pistons.  His contract expires this year and Big Ben is up for resigning.  And the pick is only top 5 protected.

Only downside for Pistons is if Hunter reinjures himself then they just gave away their backup PG.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

guest-koast

Is Darko a bust?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 02:30:10 PM »
Yes.  definitive bust.

He's a workout warrior who fooled people without every actually showing any discernible skill when other players are on the court.
Did he fool them or was it the scouts who were jumping to conclusions so they could be the one(s) who picked "the next big thing" ???  I would say that it was the later of the two.

(cool skin for the board btw)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Is Darko a bust?
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 05:10:05 PM »
Only 20.  Temp bust but can still make a go of it.

We'll find out as Orlando plans to play him.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Is Darko a bust?
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 11:20:52 PM »
Haven't seen much of him but he seems to have skills.  He needs some playing time and to find his rythm, he seems too rushed, kinda like Kwame.  Kwame does seem to have a nose for defense, I really like the post D I've seen from Kwame.  IMO Darko has alot more upside than Kwame, IMO Kwame's confidence has been shot, Darko's has been held back.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Is Darko a bust?
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 01:52:48 PM »
Considering the lack of quality in the NBA at his position, I favor the point that he just was not going to get onto the court much in Detroit and they should never had drafted him in the first place.

His rightful spot in the League is on a team that can let him figure out the game by PLAYING the game in actual action and not just practice. If he turns out to be a bust, let everyone find that out by observing him in game action.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."