Author Topic: Fabs out of lineup  (Read 2594 times)

BasketBall World

Fabs out of lineup
« on: February 03, 2006, 11:05:04 AM »
Please people.  Be calm.  Tell your loved ones to do the same.

Fabs Oberto was out of the lineup for the Spurs last night vs Golden State.  We will be bringing you news as we have it.  Suspected Al Quida links in order to jack up the U.S. economy by bringing the NBA to its knees have been given as a possibility.

Reports from Los Angeles of rejected Laker Fans being insensed and acting on jealousy at Fabs good looking hair locks are another possibility.  

Please, stay calm.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs out of lineup
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 11:09:57 AM »
*gets ready to slit wrists*

I just can't take that kind of world, I am sorry.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 11:10:16 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jn

Fabs out of lineup
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 11:24:38 AM »
I think it was perfectly understandable.  This is Fabs first year in the league and like most rookies he is going through a period of awe where he's thinking "Pinch me! I can't believe I'm getting to play against Adonal Foyle!"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs out of lineup
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 11:44:36 AM »
Obviously these comments come from a bunch of box score reading, anti television viewing haters who follow the NBA via braille.

Anyone with a simple knowledge of the internet could have googled "Fabs" and unlocked all of the deep secrets behind his benching.  From Voice in the Wilderness' blog:

He (Oberto) spilled gatorade on Duncans sneakers and couldn't find a towel quickly enough to prevent the liquid from affecting Timmy's traction on the court.  So into Pop's doghouse from whence only superhuman defensive effort in practice can possibly earn you the proper type of tweezers to remove the deeply implanted splinters.

For those who are computer and/or reality challenged....Fabs stepped on Zach's foot Wed night and sprained his ankle.  He is scheduled for a MRI today in San Antonio.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 11:45:10 AM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs out of lineup
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 11:50:55 AM »
There goes his chances of being the Most Valuable Gatorade Passer this year.  He was on such a streak too but Pop wants perfection.  Fabs is just lucky that Duncan can get it done even when his electrolytes are low.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs out of lineup
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 11:51:36 AM »
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs out of lineup
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 11:52:22 AM »
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I had not even noticed that he was gone... :rofl:  :rofl:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs out of lineup
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 12:38:50 PM »
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I had not even noticed that he was gone... :rofl:  :rofl:
Duncan looked really thirsty after the game but I could not put 2 and 2 together.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Fabs out of lineup
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 07:26:20 PM »
Can we go back to discussing the lack of minutes that Darko is getting screwed out of by Ben Wallace in Detroit?

Or Brian Skinner here in SacTown? Why oh why does Adelman continue to keep0 Brian glued to the bench when he could be, you know, playing and stuff.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs out of lineup
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 01:04:18 PM »
Can we go back to discussing the lack of minutes that Darko is getting screwed out of by Ben Wallace in Detroit?

Or Brian Skinner here in SacTown? Why oh why does Adelman continue to keep0 Brian glued to the bench when he could be, you know, playing and stuff.
Not until one of them comes up with a catchy handle like "Fabs".  You know something that just screams superstar!

:up:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 01:04:34 PM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

guest-koast

Fabs out of lineup
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 07:13:32 PM »

Not until one of them comes up with a catchy handle like "Fabs".  You know something that just screams superstar!

:up:
Like a handle as awesome as 'Super Byns'

Look at his stats below...

PPG 2.0
RPG 1.8  
APG .2
SPG .04
BPG .46
FG% .449
FT% .304
3P% .000
MPG 7.0

Then check out Fabs...

PPG 2.1
RPG 2.1  
APG .5
SPG .14
BPG .17
FG% .524
FT% .615
3P% .000
MPG 8.7

It no wonder why the Lakers and the Spurs are currently the top two teams ready to snatch some more bling bling.  That kind of talent just doesn't come every draft.  Something special happend this last time around.  :drunk:  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs out of lineup
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 02:10:23 PM »
They just need to setup on of those pay-per-view one on one games.  I'm sure it would sell out worldwide.  Euro/South America vs America.  First one to play 15 minutes without a breather wins.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs out of lineup
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 03:10:14 PM »
Kori Ellis of WOAI San Antonio says:

PJ Carlesimo said last night (vs Toronto) that he might be ready in a couple more games. :up: