Author Topic: Hedo Speaks and it is no official  (Read 4026 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Hedo Speaks and it is no official
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2006, 06:02:02 PM »
I've been to In N Out once. I'm thinking it was somewhere near Gilroy, CA, very pretty area. And yes, the burger was great! The parts I remember the most were the flavor of the beef and the thick, solid hunk of onion they used for an onion slice. Very good. But the T-shirt I bought there was the most ill-fitting, poorly sewn novelty hey-look-where-I've-been T-shirt I've ever purchased.

What does "animal style" mean?
Ahh Gilroy! Garlic capital of the world, you should try to get there for the Garlic festival, try some garlic ice cream it is actually better than it sounds. Yes Ted, it is a very pretty area, I  love all that country up in the Castro Valley.
Dan

Guest_Randy

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2006, 06:30:58 PM »
Ok Randy, there is NO WAY In  N Out is even remotely as greasy as White Castle, and you like them over In N Out? Truly something in your childhood has affected your tastebuds. The In N out on Tropicana has been there for years and years and years, and yes 'Koast it is way bigger than a typical one and ALWAYS wall to wall people, but it is still good IMO.

Oh and BTW Randy just curious, clarify the location of the In N Out you ate at? The one on Tropicana was the first one outside of California, and there is no I-35 in Nevada. I-15, the I-215 and I-515 belts are the only parts of the Interstate that run through or around Las Vegas. I-35 runs through Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas.
Sorry, it's been a long time since I lived in Vegas -- and before that I was in Texas (I-35 runs through Fort Worth) -- I-15 is what I meant.  I-215 was being constructed toward the end of the time I lived there and I-515 I'm not even familiar with.  Actually, 95 and I-15 were the main highways through (and around) Vegas while I was there (it's been 8 years since we lived there) and they intersected at what was locally referred to as the "spaghetti bowl."

By-the-way, this is the ONLY place that I've EVER been in where they actually shut down a stretch of the highway (I-15 north and south just north of the spaghetti bowl) in order to shoot a movie (Lethal Weapon 3 or 4 -- don't remember which).  The gave notice and word leaked out and some 200,000+ people showed up for the shooting of the movie -- they had to postpone due to the number of onlookers and they didn't announce the next shoot time several days later.  Backed traffic up for MILES!!!

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2006, 07:07:43 PM »
In and Out, White Castle, Tommies.

Why don't you guys just eat at McDonalds and be done with it?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2006, 08:02:56 PM »
Randy,

If you think a White Castle burger is good while putting down In-N-Out there is something seriously wrong with your taste buds.  Do me a favor, try and get a Johnny Rocket's burger then lick a dogs arse.  You'll probably think the Rocket burger sucks and the lick tasted as good as a white castle burger.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2006, 12:39:33 PM »
Actually, the best burger in Vegas WASN'T an In-and-Out (not by a LONG shot) -- the best burger in Vegas was at a little mom and pop's operation (voted best in the city for many years while we were there) -- I can't remember the name and a friend said they actually finally sold the business (mom and pop retired) and I the new owners went belly-up.  It was a shame!

I really don't care what you lick WOW, go eat at the In-and-Out burger in Vegas -- not the greasiest that I have ever eaten but definately greasier than ANY McD's that I have EVER had!  You can blame it on a lot of things -- and since I've never eaten at any other In-and-Out establishment, I really can't say -- but there were FOUR of us who went in and ALL of us came out with the same complaint.  Go lick on that one for a while (in between your other licks).

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2006, 05:43:36 PM »
Actually, the best burger in Vegas WASN'T an In-and-Out (not by a LONG shot) -- the best burger in Vegas was at a little mom and pop's operation (voted best in the city for many years while we were there) -- I can't remember the name and a friend said they actually finally sold the business (mom and pop retired) and I the new owners went belly-up.  It was a shame!

I really don't care what you lick WOW, go eat at the In-and-Out burger in Vegas -- not the greasiest that I have ever eaten but definately greasier than ANY McD's that I have EVER had!  You can blame it on a lot of things -- and since I've never eaten at any other In-and-Out establishment, I really can't say -- but there were FOUR of us who went in and ALL of us came out with the same complaint.  Go lick on that one for a while (in between your other licks).
Do you honestly like white caslte burgers?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"