Author Topic: Peja for Artest trade heating up...  (Read 3039 times)

Guest_Randy

Peja for Artest trade heating up...
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 08:28:17 PM »
Umm, you have to wonder what Peja thinks about all this -- ESPECIALLY after he made the comment the other day that he didn't need to take the "max" to stay in SacTown!  Can't help but wonder if he is thinking -- hmm, I offer to be unselfish and they try to trade me!   :rolleyes:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 11:38:58 AM »
Umm, you have to wonder what Peja thinks about all this -- ESPECIALLY after he made the comment the other day that he didn't need to take the "max" to stay in SacTown!  Can't help but wonder if he is thinking -- hmm, I offer to be unselfish and they try to trade me!   :rolleyes:
If I were him I would ask for the max just for them doing that.  Peja is a stand up guy and has been VERY loyal to the Kings.  Just last week he passed Mitch Richmond up as the player with the most games in the purple and black.

If I am Peja I am a little bit miffed at the fact that they would cough me up for a headcase so easily.  His production is down but he also doesn't have the guys who got him easy buckets which led to the basket looking like a swimming pool when he was taking the jumpers.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 11:44:14 AM »
Peja is unhappy. He apparently heard about the trade when he was watching an interview on ESPN2 that had the Maloof brothers on it. After first saying they could not talk about any pending trade, ole Joe Maloof then says about Artest, "Whatever the negatives were, we're going to set them behind us. Put the negatives behind us and go from there." Gee, sounds a bit like a done deal at the time, though no one had bothered Peja about the details yet.

But then it came out that Artest and his agent were concerned about what they viewed as the unstable situation in Sacramento, where the team might be moving and the coach might get fired.

RON...ARTEST... WAS...CONCERNED...ABOUT...SACRAMENTO...BEING...UNSTABLE??????

Lord, take me now.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 12:12:28 PM »
Peja is unhappy. He apparently heard about the trade when he was watching an interview on ESPN2 that had the Maloof brothers on it. After first saying they could not talk about any pending trade, ole Joe Maloof then says about Artest, "Whatever the negatives were, we're going to set them behind us. Put the negatives behind us and go from there." Gee, sounds a bit like a done deal at the time, though no one had bothered Peja about the details yet.

But then it came out that Artest and his agent were concerned about what they viewed as the unstable situation in Sacramento, where the team might be moving and the coach might get fired.

Lord, take me now.
Was that in the Sac bee?  Cuz that is pretty F'd up don't ya think based on how loyal Peja has been and even his comment he would take a pay cut to continue to play for them.  How many people in this league take paycuts to play for a team and go on to say they would like to retire in the team's jersey?!  Funny how we were just talking a few weeks ago about how players are expected to remain loyal to the organization yet the organizations turn around and do things like this.  Is anyone still wondering why players bolt with quickness when given the chance?

I hate to say it JoMaL but I do not think Peja will be back in Sac-town once this year is finished.   If he stays I hope he backpeddles on his comment and gets the max.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 12:43:03 PM »

Lord, take me now.
Well, you can't help but wonder where Peja is going to go now!  

Can you imagine what Adelmann is thinking?  Great, I get to go through MORE lockeroom problems!!!

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

ANOTHER ringing endorsement for SacTown!  Can't say that I'm not a little surprised -- I had it from what I thought was a reliable source that everyone in the NBA just couldn't WAIT to play for SacTown!

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 02:09:18 PM »

Lord, take me now.

Can you imagine what Adelmann is thinking?  Great, I get to go through MORE lockeroom problems!!!

ANOTHER ringing endorsement for SacTown!  Can't say that I'm not a little surprised -- I had it from what I thought was a reliable source that everyone in the NBA just couldn't WAIT to play for SacTown!
Randy, have you ever considered that Ron Artest saying he did not want to go to Sacramento is actually a GOOD thing for the city?

This is like Osama Bin Laden saying he wants to move to Los Angeles because he identifies more with the people who live there more then anywhere else he can dream of.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Guest_Randy

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 02:37:12 PM »

Lord, take me now.

Randy, have you ever considered that Ron Artest saying he did not want to go to Sacramento is actually a GOOD thing for the city?

This is like Osama Bin Laden saying he wants to move to Los Angeles because he identifies more with the people who live there more then anywhere else he can dream of.
Actually, I think the whole thing is HILARIOUS (well, not the part about how the Maloof's and Petrie treated Peja -- I've already sent him a card on behalf of the Lakers and their fans) -- of course, it will all change if Artest somehow ends up in purple and gold -- then I will be  :fire: !

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 05:34:05 PM »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2006, 05:39:04 PM »
And it just got funnier:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2304942
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

""Basketball is Ron Artest's passion. In order for Ron to fully demonstrate his natural skills and abilities, to the best of his abilities, he not only must be in an environment that is conducive to his growth an development as a player, he must also ensure that his family is happy and content as well. Ron does not believe that will be the case if he were in Sacramento. Period. However, as mentioned earlier, Ron is deeply committed to the sport of basketball and desperately misses playing the game he loves. If the trade is made he will play for his new team, regardless of how he may feel about it."

My only question is if they live in frickin Indiana then how would his family not be happy and content in Sac-town?  I could understand his family would have a major shock if he was a NY Knick moving to a slower, more laid back city such as Sac.  He is going from Naptown to a similar environment if he does in fact go.  All my Sac jokes aside it actually is a very nice and peaceful place to live.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2006, 07:19:36 PM »
All my Sac jokes aside it actually is a very nice and peaceful place to live.
Aside from the occasional cattle stampede down Capital Mall, Ronnie should adapt nicely to Sacramento.

And we even have topnotch Soul Food coming to town!! Chris Webber broke ground here last month near Arco Arena, when the Sixers were in town, on a new restaurant that he plans to franchise around the country.