Author Topic: Quotes from Kobe after OT loss  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Quotes from Kobe after OT loss
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 03:38:38 PM »
Oh, I'll go you a few better, Reality.

HOW STUPID do you have to be, when up by 1 and 24 seconds on the clock with the shot clock off, to call a timeout, advance the ball to half-court, and use your POINT GUARD and best free-throw shooter available to inbound the ball in the backcourt to your big man who is a questionable free-throw shooter?

But wait!

How stupid do you have to be, when down 1, with the shot-clock off and a time-out advantage, to NOT FOUL the team's big man, who is a questionable free-throw shooter, when he has the ball in the backcourt?

BUT WAIT!

How stupid do you have to be to then put the ball in the hands of your best ball-handler, and try to draw the foul rather than advance the ball across half-court, ending up being forced to use your last remaining timeout to prevent the 8-second violation?

BUT WAIT!

How stupid do you then have to be AGAIN have your point guard AGAIN inbound the ball to your big man, who isn't a good free-throw shooter, but this time, forcing him to JUMP along the sideline, forcing him to throw the ball wildly to prevent falling out-of-bounds with it, WHEN YOU HAVE NO TIMEOUTS?

BUT WAIT!

How stupid do you have to be to, with two timeouts remaining and 16 or so seconds on the clock, down by 1, with the other team with no timeouts remaining, their top two defenders disqualified, a third-year deep bench player guarding your last-second threat, and a rookie guarding your second best player, decide to FORGO a timeout, take the ball up the court, and allow the player that everyone knows is going to try to get the last shot to try to do it on his own, with no help?

It wasn't just the refs that were stupid.  It was the players AND THE COACHES, too.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 03:54:11 PM »
Oh, I'll go you a few better, Reality.

HOW STUPID do you have to be, when up by 1 and 24 seconds on the clock with the shot clock off, to call a timeout, advance the ball to half-court, and use your POINT GUARD and best free-throw shooter available to inbound the ball in the backcourt to your big man who is a questionable free-throw shooter?

But wait!

How stupid do you have to be, when down 1, with the shot-clock off and a time-out advantage, to NOT FOUL the team's big man, who is a questionable free-throw shooter, when he has the ball in the backcourt?

BUT WAIT!

How stupid do you have to be to then put the ball in the hands of your best ball-handler, and try to draw the foul rather than advance the ball across half-court, ending up being forced to use your last remaining timeout to prevent the 8-second violation?

BUT WAIT!

How stupid do you then have to be AGAIN have your point guard AGAIN inbound the ball to your big man, who isn't a good free-throw shooter, but this time, forcing him to JUMP along the sideline, forcing him to throw the ball wildly to prevent falling out-of-bounds with it, WHEN YOU HAVE NO TIMEOUTS?

BUT WAIT!

How stupid do you have to be to, with two timeouts remaining and 16 or so seconds on the clock, down by 1, with the other team with no timeouts remaining, their top two defenders disqualified, a third-year deep bench player guarding your last-second threat, and a rookie guarding your second best player, decide to FORGO a timeout, take the ball up the court, and allow the player that everyone knows is going to try to get the last shot to try to do it on his own, with no help?

It wasn't just the refs that were stupid.  It was the players AND THE COACHES, too.
This is exactly why you haven't heard a peep out of me about the bad calls against the Lakers.  They lost the game for themselves.  I am not going to try to justify a loss after the Grizzlies did all but call David Stern and the people in charge of standings to ask that Lakers get a W on Dec, 28th.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2005, 04:03:55 PM »
I am not going to try to justify a loss after the Grizzlies did all but call David Stern and the people in charge of standings to ask that Lakers get a W on Dec, 28th. [/quote]
 That is a peep.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2005, 04:05:08 PM »
Quote from: Reality,Dec 29 2005, 04:03 PM
Quote from: westkoast,Dec 29 2005, 08:54 PM
I am not going to try to justify a loss after the Grizzlies did all but call David Stern and the people in charge of standings to ask that Lakers get a W on Dec, 28th.
That is a peep. [/QUOTE]
::scratches head while looking at screen::

This may sound crazy Reality but I am not following what you are saying   :D  
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 04:05:33 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 04:10:38 PM »
That is a peep.
::scratches head while looking at screen::

This may sound crazy Reality but I am not following what you are saying   :D [/quote]
 Actually even I didn't get that one.

I thought you were peeping about the Griz win.